• 58(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hey Bromix,

Thanks for awesome plugin at first.

I have one issue - I had an xbmc device which I used in 720p and the addon set to 720p in the settings for a while. Upgraded my device, and set it to be 1080p and changed the plugin settings as well. But youtube quality didn't change at streaming time, it still opens all videos as 720p.
I tried flushing all the settings, play different videos (I checked, they have 1080p version). Changing settings to 720p and back to 1080p - no effect, everything is still 720p.
Can you advise me where can I look to reset this setting?
You can't do 1080p on this addon. Its a YouTube restriction.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-25, 08:01)jdf76 Wrote: Enjoying the add-on, Quick couple questions.

1. Is there anyway that you can add a way to force a refresh of the playlist. I added 3 playlists and the had to log out and log back in. I dont normally have a keyboard and mouse around so i can't launch a browser to log in. This is something i would really love to have.

2. Did you plan to re-add the download section, i noticed you said that might not happen. I did see someone created a youtube-dl addon, addon. Would it be possible to use that if you don't plan to add it back in. Honestly though this is an extra thing and not important to me.

I appreciate your time and the great add-on you've written!

1.) You have to wait a little bit Wink This has nothing to with re-signing-in. Just go back and forth...sometimes the server needs a minute to sync. everything.

2.) It's on my validation-list. But other features and improvements supersede this feature.
Hi!

First thing I have to say is, that I really love this yt addon, thank you and keep up the great work Bromix.
Secondly - my question... Is there any way how to enable autoplay for videos from my "Watch later" list? Currently when one video ends, I must manually play the next one. I´m used to have a rather long Watch later list and I want to be able to leave it playing in background without my interaction.

Thank you very much in advance.
(2015-01-25, 17:54)xlachtan Wrote: Hi!

First thing I have to say is, that I really love this yt addon, thank you and keep up the great work Bromix.
Secondly - my question... Is there any way how to enable autoplay for videos from my "Watch later" list? Currently when one video ends, I must manually play the next one. I´m used to have a rather long Watch later list and I want to be able to leave it playing in background without my interaction.

Call the context menu in the "Watch Later" list and select "Play all" or "Play from here" Wink
(2015-01-25, 17:58)bromix Wrote:

Call the context menu in the "Watch Later" list and select "Play all" or "Play from here" Wink

Is it possible to change the select button to prompt a user with the option of playing just this item, from here or all?
(2015-01-25, 18:22)igjunk Wrote:

Is it possible to change the select button to prompt a user with the option of playing just this item, from here or all?

Huh Why? If you just select the video and press "enter/ok", it plays just the selected video (the default and common behavior - why provide an additional selection? Wink )
For playlist: after you select "play all" or "play from here" via the context menu you will be asked to select the order of the playlist (default, reverse or shuffle).

And to answer your question directly: technically no. Why should I (or even a addon) change the input behavior of XBMC/KODI? Smile
Hallo.
some time YouTube video buffering a lot, on kodi 14.0 Amazon fire TV . On PC with no Problem.
do you have this Problem too?

Thanks
(2015-01-25, 19:31)hassuni Wrote: Hallo.
some time YouTube video buffering a lot, on kodi 14.0 Amazon fire TV . On PC with no Problem.
do you have this Problem too?

Thanks

Nope. Try on the Fire TV a lower video quality for tests. But this seems to be a problem with the Fire TV. The addon only gives the URL or the video to KODI and KODI does the rest (playback).
The next update v5.0.5~beta3 has some minor (internal) changes. I dropped the dependency for the requests module because it's slowing down the addon. I was searching for nearly a month to find the bottleneck and finally found it Sleepy

The import of the requests module is slowing things down. On my developer machine nearly a second for each call (each import). On my HTPC it was even worth -> 2-4 seconds!
For more information see the following links:

"import requests" is very slow on python2...
"import OpenSSL" is 150x slower in 0.14

The bug is maybe solved in python 2.7.9 - but this doesn't help, because XBMC/KODI is running 2.7.8 on Windows, 2.7.3 on Linux systems and some other posix systems even 2.6 Confused

So I wrote my own 'requests' clone so I can switch back and forth and don't have to change the API of the addon at all. The difference is on my systems more then noticeable. I hope all encodings and GET, POST, PUT and DELETE methods are working (so far tests with 4 other addons were successfully).
can you add option for adding all favorite channel inside of plugin in one place

Oh my, thank for quick response. I must really be blind and I was so sure I wasn´t seeing this option anywhere Big Grin Thanks man.
Just installed Kodi 14.0 to a Android STB and Youtube keeps flashing its updated all the time at the bottom of the screen every so often. Whats up with that ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2015-01-25, 22:19)Rickt1962 Wrote: Just installed Kodi 14.0 to a Android STB and Youtube keeps flashing its updated all the time at the bottom of the screen every so often. Whats up with that ?
Go to the repos (system) and select the addon. Select Update. Aft3r that Force refresh on the bromix addon. After that restart Kodi.
Hi Bromix,

Any update on youtube livestream for android??
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20