• 59(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-01-25, 16:59)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 08:01)jdf76 Wrote: Enjoying the add-on, Quick couple questions.

1. Is there anyway that you can add a way to force a refresh of the playlist. I added 3 playlists and the had to log out and log back in. I dont normally have a keyboard and mouse around so i can't launch a browser to log in. This is something i would really love to have.

2. Did you plan to re-add the download section, i noticed you said that might not happen. I did see someone created a youtube-dl addon, addon. Would it be possible to use that if you don't plan to add it back in. Honestly though this is an extra thing and not important to me.

I appreciate your time and the great add-on you've written!

1.) You have to wait a little bit Wink This has nothing to with re-signing-in. Just go back and forth...sometimes the server needs a minute to sync. everything.

2.) It's on my validation-list. But other features and improvements supersede this feature.

I am glad to see the Download Option has not totally been scrapped. Being from South Africa where bandwidth is always a problem this addition makes for a better viewing pleasure... Smile

I would like to know, however, what happened to the RECENTLY ADDED videos? I have a whole bunch of Subscriptions and can not find the latest added...

As a last point, it is a pity that all my "Previously Watched" flags disappeared when the system upgraded the plugin.

Kind regards
cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers)
Cape Town, South Africa
(2015-01-26, 04:31)nermada Wrote: Hi Bromix,

Any update on youtube livestream for android??

Not yet, but my hopes are not up for this...because technically this seems to be a problem with Android+ffmpeg. The log shows that the demuxer can't demux the stream (into audio and video). So this is not a problem of the addon.

(2015-01-26, 10:21)cyber7 Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 16:59)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 08:01)jdf76 Wrote: Enjoying the add-on, Quick couple questions.

1. Is there anyway that you can add a way to force a refresh of the playlist. I added 3 playlists and the had to log out and log back in. I dont normally have a keyboard and mouse around so i can't launch a browser to log in. This is something i would really love to have.

2. Did you plan to re-add the download section, i noticed you said that might not happen. I did see someone created a youtube-dl addon, addon. Would it be possible to use that if you don't plan to add it back in. Honestly though this is an extra thing and not important to me.

I appreciate your time and the great add-on you've written!

1.) You have to wait a little bit Wink This has nothing to with re-signing-in. Just go back and forth...sometimes the server needs a minute to sync. everything.

2.) It's on my validation-list. But other features and improvements supersede this feature.

I am glad to see the Download Option has not totally been scrapped. Being from South Africa where bandwidth is always a problem this addition makes for a better viewing pleasure... Smile

I would like to know, however, what happened to the RECENTLY ADDED videos? I have a whole bunch of Subscriptions and can not find the latest added...

As a last point, it is a pity that all my "Previously Watched" flags disappeared when the system upgraded the plugin.

Kind regards
Cape Town, South Africa

First menu (if your're signed in) in the root menu (My Subscriptions) - in there you will find the new uploaded videos of your subscriptions. The Flags disappeared because of new cleaner URIs for the videos.
Hello bromix,
I'm using your Version 5.0.4, however there is nothing being displayed in any of the menu items (like My Subscriptions). I've reconnected it with my account, I've reinstalled it and made sure I had the latest Version installed that is available through the automatic updates. Any tips on what it could be? Thank you.

Andulien
(2015-01-26, 12:44)Andulien Wrote: Hello bromix,
I'm using your Version 5.0.4, however there is nothing being displayed in any of the menu items (like My Subscriptions). I've reconnected it with my account, I've reinstalled it and made sure I had the latest Version installed that is available through the automatic updates. Any tips on what it could be? Thank you.

Andulien

Can you send me a debug log after you tried some of the menu items. Maybe I can see something in the log.
Here is the Debug from the Tests. Let me know if this is enough or if more is needed. Thank you for the help.

Code:
12:11:33 T:7460  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
12:11:33 T:7460  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:11:33 T:7296  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
12:11:38 T:4904  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:11:38 T:4904  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:11:39 T:4904  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
12:11:39 T:4904  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
12:11:39 T:4904  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
12:11:39 T:4904  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.4)
12:11:39 T:4904  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
12:11:39 T:6408  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:11:44 T:8000  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
12:11:44 T:8000  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:11:44 T:8000  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:11:45 T:8000  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
12:11:45 T:8000  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
12:11:45 T:8000  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
12:11:45 T:8000  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.4)
12:11:45 T:8000 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] List of search result is empty
12:11:45 T:8000  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
12:11:45 T:8352  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
12:11:51 T:2712  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.4)
12:11:52 T:2712 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] List of search result is empty
12:11:52 T:2712  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
12:11:52 T:8096  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
(2015-01-26, 11:02)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 04:31)nermada Wrote: Hi Bromix,

Any update on youtube livestream for android??

Not yet, but my hopes are not up for this...because technically this seems to be a problem with Android+ffmpeg. The log shows that the demuxer can't demux the stream (into audio and video). So this is not a problem of the addon.

(2015-01-26, 10:21)cyber7 Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 16:59)bromix Wrote: 1.) You have to wait a little bit Wink This has nothing to with re-signing-in. Just go back and forth...sometimes the server needs a minute to sync. everything.

Kind regards
Cape Town, South Africa

First menu (if your're signed in) in the root menu (My Subscriptions) - in there you will find the new uploaded videos of your subscriptions. The Flags disappeared because of new cleaner URIs for the videos.

Thank you so much! I see it now (new uploads) - wicked! I also forgot to mention the flags are still in Youtube's site though. Any chance of getting them re-instated?
(2015-01-25, 20:08)bromix Wrote: The next update v5.0.5~beta3 has some minor (internal) changes. I dropped the dependency for the requests module because it's slowing down the addon. I was searching for nearly a month to find the bottleneck and finally found it Sleepy

Hi Bromix

The latest beta indeed runs faster on my machine, which is great Smile

By the way, is it possible to add an option so it allows us to switch between the new context menu and the old one? I really miss the days that I could use "play from here" in searches, what to watch, my subscriptions, practically everywhere in the add-on, not just in certain sections like now.

And not being able to regain access to "play using" in the context menu is a big loss to external player users like me who really needs certain image effects only provided by other directshow filters....Tongue
(2015-01-26, 13:15)Andulien Wrote: Here is the Debug from the Tests. Let me know if this is enough or if more is needed. Thank you for the help.
Okay...the result is clean empty. Your YouTube account is connected with Google+?

(2015-01-26, 10:21)cyber7 Wrote: Thank you so much! I see it now (new uploads) - wicked! I also forgot to mention the flags are still in Youtube's site though. Any chance of getting them re-instated?
You're welcome. What do you mean with flags?

(2015-01-26, 15:49)gotiuser01 Wrote: Hi Bromix

The latest beta indeed runs faster on my machine, which is great Smile

By the way, is it possible to add an option so it allows us to switch between the new context menu and the old one? I really miss the days that I could use "play from here" in searches, what to watch, my subscriptions, practically everywhere in the add-on, not just in certain sections like now.

And not being able to regain access to "play using" in the context menu is a big loss to external player users like me who really needs certain image effects only provided by other directshow filters....Tongue

Nice to hear Smile I don't know what the old context menu looks like - I never used it. "Play from here" okay...but the rest not and I explain why Wink

"What to watch" - first of APIv3 doesn't provide something similar to replicate the result of the APIv2 - secondly, this is a "CONTEXT MENU"...this means the menu should be based on the context and in this case the context is a video. So "Related videos" makes more sense then "Watch to Watch" or "My subscriptions". I'm not a fan to use context menus for shortcuts because of usability and logic.

Regarding external players see the following thread. I replace the complete context menu, because I need most of the space for meaning full items and I can only add up to 10 menu items (tested with confluence) Sad
History still not working for me. I have 5.0.4 from the official repo. Is this only currently working in beta release?
(2015-01-26, 22:30)dkplayaclub Wrote: History still not working for me. I have 5.0.4 from the official repo. Is this only currently working in beta release?
Yes...beta only. The 5.0.5 ist for performance improvements and some bugfixing.
(2015-01-25, 22:41)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 22:19)Rickt1962 Wrote: Just installed Kodi 14.0 to a Android STB and Youtube keeps flashing its updated all the time at the bottom of the screen every so often. Whats up with that ?
Go to the repos (system) and select the addon. Select Update. Aft3r that Force refresh on the bromix addon. After that restart Kodi.

WOW ! Thank you that did it ! Smile
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2015-01-26, 20:17)bromix Wrote: Nice to hear Smile I don't know what the old context menu looks like - I never used it. "Play from here" okay...but the rest not and I explain why Wink

"What to watch" - first of APIv3 doesn't provide something similar to replicate the result of the APIv2 - secondly, this is a "CONTEXT MENU"...this means the menu should be based on the context and in this case the context is a video. So "Related videos" makes more sense then "Watch to Watch" or "My subscriptions". I'm not a fan to use context menus for shortcuts because of usability and logic.

Regarding external players see the following thread. I replace the complete context menu, because I need most of the space for meaning full items and I can only add up to 10 menu items (tested with confluence) Sad

Hi Bromix

Thanks for the replySmile This is what the old context menu looked like back in 5.0.0, in the "what to watch" folder where I could just play from any specific video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-eD7x...authuser=0

Is this context menu based on APIv2? It was there like just a couple of weeks ago and losing it totally changed my life Sad

And I didn't say we should have "my subscriptions" or "what to watch" as shortcuts in the context menu. What I was saying is we are now missing a few menu items from the new context menu (as opposed to the old one in your 5.0.0) in certain "sections" in this add-on, and some of them are quite important as context menu items. By "sections", I meant folders like "What to Watch", "My Subscriptions", etc. Sorry if I wasn't being very clear...
(2015-01-26, 20:17)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 13:15)Andulien Wrote: Here is the Debug from the Tests. Let me know if this is enough or if more is needed. Thank you for the help.
Okay...the result is clean empty. Your YouTube account is connected with Google+?

I found the issue. So I have several Channels, and I did not use my main Channel with Google+ etc. but instead a secondary channel. After switching and login in again it all works fine now Smile Thanks for looking into this and the quick response.
I enjoy this add-on as many other, but have a question... currently, the watched history is very short - about ~20 entries or so? (Don't know really)... I sometimes browse that list back for as much as google allows to find old stuff I watched, so would it be possible to inplement loading multiple "pages" of backlog going further back in time?
Hi Bromix,

I am writing to you to request a small feature, if possible. I have your YouTube plugin installed both on my laptop and on a media center device. It is working well, but my media center device is having a strange issue. Some videos (not all, but considerable amount) are playing choppy and with a severe asynch between sound and video. This is probably an issue with some library, but even after a full update of the firmware it persisted. When there was the old YouTube plugin, I rectified the problem by setting the video quality to 'ask' and I always selected 380 (not 360). For some reason EVERY video was playing OK in 380. Strange thing is that although there were some choppy videos in SD others are playing in 720 without a problem.

Here is my request to you: would you please add in the configuration a setting for the video quality to be 380? I think that by forcing all the videos in this resolution the problem will be corrected.

Best regards and thank you for the hard work.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20