• 66(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-02-02, 13:40)nimrod77 Wrote: Hi Bromix and thanks for the fantastic work you do getting YouTube into our helix installs.
I have recently started to be unable to play VeVo music videos. I get the notification "this video contains content from vevo. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. Watch on YouTube.com" and "playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details". This has only recently started.
I live in Australia if that makes a difference. Let me know how I can help you to trouble shoot this with you.
Thanks

A log would help....but I hope I have fixed this issue in the version 5.0.5 (released yesterday)
I've been seeing the error a lot recently as well where it won't play because of regional lockouts for videos that used to work (and still work when I play them in the browser).
I can provide logs later if that would help -- where do you want them posted?

Thanks
Dave
(2015-02-02, 18:06)dmakfan Wrote: I've been seeing the error a lot recently as well where it won't play because of regional lockouts for videos that used to work (and still work when I play them in the browser).
I can provide logs later if that would help -- where do you want them posted?

Thanks
Dave

Either xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com Big Grin
(2015-02-02, 13:47)bromix Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 13:40)nimrod77 Wrote: Hi Bromix and thanks for the fantastic work you do getting YouTube into our helix installs.
I have recently started to be unable to play VeVo music videos. I get the notification "this video contains content from vevo. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. Watch on YouTube.com" and "playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details". This has only recently started.
I live in Australia if that makes a difference. Let me know how I can help you to trouble shoot this with you.
Thanks

A log would help....but I hope I have fixed this issue in the version 5.0.5 (released yesterday)

Yep 5.0.5 fixed it. Thanks Bromix
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
When experimenting with video settings for finding optimal solution I found out strange thing with youtube. If I set in kodi video settings change refrash rate to match video. HD content plays fine and changing rate accordingly. But with SD content I have changing refrash rate after few seconds of playback and this is showing up as black out TV for second or two then it plays OK with changed refrash rate. Is there somebody else have same problem? And thank you Bromix again and again, great work!
I just upgrade openelec 5.0.1(kodi 14.1) and with youtube plug 5.0.5. I also the youtube live channel some of the program is working. But not all of them. And also youtube change from flash to HTML5 player. But the in-channel live still not working. Any status update !?
(2015-02-03, 14:32)389abc Wrote: When experimenting with video settings for finding optimal solution I found out strange thing with youtube. If I set in kodi video settings change refrash rate to match video. HD content plays fine and changing rate accordingly. But with SD content I have changing refrash rate after few seconds of playback and this is showing up as black out TV for second or two then it plays OK with changed refrash rate. Is there somebody else have same problem? And thank you Bromix again and again, great work!

I have had this issue with a few tv shows I've watched, all HD. Samething - tv goes blank, comes back on and refresh rate is back to 60hz. Between this and Aeon ShedNox widgets not remembering played status I just reverted back to Openelec 4.2.1.

edit - good to see that the new version 5.05 is working flawlessly. Great work.
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60
Hi Bromix, update Portuguese (Brazil) translation,

http://files.xbmcbrasil.net/Suporte/bromix/strings.xml

Thanks
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Will you investigate the option of prmitive disk-based buffering for DASH streams? youtube-dl, written in Python, may have some code which you can use as it can write DASH streams to file (both video and audio.)

This approach may lead you and others to effective DASH support within plugins until something is provided by Kodi.
(2015-02-03, 22:24)Wanilton Wrote: Hi Bromix, update Portuguese (Brazil) translation,

http://files.xbmcbrasil.net/Suporte/bromix/strings.xml

Thanks

Thanks Smile
(2015-02-04, 05:29)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: Will you investigate the option of prmitive disk-based buffering for DASH streams? youtube-dl, written in Python, may have some code which you can use as it can write DASH streams to file (both video and audio.)

This approach may lead you and others to effective DASH support within plugins until something is provided by Kodi.

youtube-dl isn't pure python. It uses ffmpeg for muxing via console/shell (it creates the commands for the tool) or rtmpdump for downloading. This won't work Wink sorry - closed source in this addon will me not allow to push it to the repo.

Also keep in mind that the bitrate is quite (too) low for 1080p via YouTube and a difference to 720p is nearly not noticeable. Resolutions like 4k and/or 60fps...that something you will notice.
Just a quick question. I have the plugin via the default repo on Gotham. I'm getting the "restricted on some devices" type messages on 5.0.0. Is 5.0.5 (which looks like fixes this problem?), going to come to the main repo or do I need to switch to the Bromix repo? (https://github.com/bromix/repository.bro...bromix.zip - is that correct?).

Slightly confused by the main title (5.x.x for Helix), when I automatically got the update to 5.0.0 for Gotham via the main repo at Christmas...

Thanks for a great add-on regardless! Smile

Cheers,

Matt.
(2015-02-05, 20:21)mutant_matt Wrote: Just a quick question. I have the plugin via the default repo on Gotham. I'm getting the "restricted on some devices" type messages on 5.0.0. Is 5.0.5 (which looks like fixes this problem?), going to come to the main repo or do I need to switch to the Bromix repo? (https://github.com/bromix/repository.bro...bromix.zip - is that correct?).

Slightly confused by the main title (5.x.x for Helix), when I automatically got the update to 5.0.0 for Gotham via the main repo at Christmas...

Thanks for a great add-on regardless! Smile

Cheers,

Matt.

If you're using Gotham (like me Wink ) you can use my repo. For now YouTube 5.X.X will only be available starting with Helix (14.X)
Youtube is indeed low-ish bitrate but 1080p looks noticeably better for gaming footage which usually includes some sort of text alongside UI elements. DASH support would also enable 60fps videos, which again are awesome for games. I personally watch a lot of that stuff on Youtube.

I understand it's not easy to do, and may even be impossible inside Kodi. But it would definitely be a huge plus for me and not a throwaway.

A menu option "Download via youtube-dl" which then calls the external program properly in the background to save the video to disk as 1080p/4k and/or 60fps would be pretty sweet. This would be particularly nice when Youtube is running slowly and constantly buffering due to my ISP being garbage.
(2015-02-05, 22:06)rodalpho Wrote: A menu option "Download via youtube-dl" which then calls the external program properly in the background to save the video to disk as 1080p/4k and/or 60fps would be pretty sweet. This would be particularly nice when Youtube is running slowly and constantly buffering due to my ISP being garbage.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. I currently just use youtube-dl to download and watch locally if there is a 1080p/60fps video available. The quality is worth the minute or two it takes to download. Being able to initiate the download directly from Kodi with a plugin would be way easier than logging into the computer and doing everything via command line.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20