• 68(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Is this addon is allowed by youtube?
It's surely ads free so far
I am only wondering if it's legal to be used?
(2015-02-11, 14:25)finalmakerr Wrote: Is this addon is allowed by youtube?
It's surely ads free so far
I am only wondering if it's legal to be used?

From TechAdviser....maybe this will answer your question.
Is it legal to download YouTube videos?

Is this addon is allowed by youtube? - maybe not, because it's not officially from YouTube
It's surely ads free so far - that they can't forbid, for example you can use adblock, disconnect or ghostery.
I am only wondering if it's legal to be used? - This I can't answer, because I don't know what is legal anymore. Technically streaming is downloading, so why make a difference. We don't hack anything here.

Also see:
Free YouTube Downloader
Ashampoo® ClipFinder HD 2
bromix,

Thanks a ton for this add-on. Works great. I'd forgotten how cool it can be to have a functional YouTube add-on on my HTPC. I've updated my YouTube channel subscriptions and have tons of great content right at my finger tips.

Seriously, thank you for the time you put into this. You rock.
This addon uses an API published by youtube so that their videos can be watched. Hard to see them objecting to someone using their published API for it's intended use. But I have not read the T&C. Is there something specific in there that you are pointing to @finalmakerr?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you read it close enough, you are breaking the law. That's just how these things work these days. Can't tell you how many things to the effect of "we reserve to right to change the rules so that we are right no matter what, and you give up your rights, no matter what they may be" I've seen.
What then is the point of the API?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Because someone smart realized that sharing is a good thing. Just saying, everyone is scrambling to cover their own asses.
Indeed it is a crazy world we live in. I blame the internet.
Is there a way to turn on annotations or subtitles?
Does turning subtitles on n the normal way not work? Can you give an example of a subtitled youtube stream to test?
Nope. I remember it working in the old Youtube plugin, but I can't get it to work with this one.

Here's an example. It has multiple subs to select from, but the plugin doesn't seem to see them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOXJmp1RKw
(2015-02-12, 16:57)snesmaster40 Wrote: Is there a way to turn on annotations or subtitles?

annotations -> No (not possible because of API).
subtitles -> Planed but not implemented yet.
(2015-02-12, 04:08)dkplayaclub Wrote: If you read it close enough, you are breaking the law. That's just how these things work these days. Can't tell you how many things to the effect of "we reserve to right to change the rules so that we are right no matter what, and you give up your rights, no matter what they may be" I've seen.

How do you figure? From what I can tell (from reading the terms, you *might* be breaking the law if you're in Califorina, or possibly the USA). Outside of that, you're not breaking the law, as it's a civil agreement, if it's a binding contract at all (which I don't think it is, seeing as Californian law, mostly, is not enforceable in the rest of the world (and in most parts of the rest of the world, a civil contract isn't "the law" anyway)).

You *might* be contravening the terms of the agreement, but that isn't the law and the worst they could do, assuming they could challenge you in your local/national legal durisdiction, would be to aledge civil damages (something that would be hard, seeing as they offer up the API for the use as far I can tell, it's being used for here and they would have to show you actually cost them fiscal damage (at least, in the EU and similar legal durisdictions)).

Can can't see a clause in the terms that Bromix is contravening, so I suspect it's a moot point anyway.

Thanks once again for the plugin Bromix, my error messages I was getting on 5.0.0 are gone on 5.0.6 beta6 Smile on Gotham.
Hello everyone,

I’m living in China and need a proxy to connect to Youtube. I then installed shadowsocks on my Kodibuntu, but although all the scrapers are going well through the proxy, the Youtube addon seems to completely bypass it.

As I couldn’t find any settings in the addon to go through any specific proxy, I’d assume it should be using Kodi’s proxy, right?
Am I missing anything or is this a potentiel bug?

I’d be grateful for any help, thanks!
Hey guys, I'm having issues trying to play stuff from Viewster ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ViewsterTV )

If i record correctly the old addon also had issues.

This is what the log says when trying to play Blind fist of Bruce ( video_id=ZCBlKMZLxZA ) and Bruce Lee in New Guinea ( video_id=xq2aaB_Awno ) ( found in the kung fu playlist -> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...s2aBEYoIZk ) :

Code:
11:40:54 T:6132  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:40:54 T:6132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
11:40:54 T:6132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
11:40:54 T:6132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
11:40:54 T:6132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.6~beta4)
11:40:56 T:6132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
11:40:56 T:5708  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:41:08 T:5696  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:41:09 T:5696  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:41:09 T:5696  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
11:41:09 T:5696  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
11:41:09 T:5696  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
11:41:09 T:5696  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.6~beta4)
11:41:11 T:5696  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
11:41:11 T:5380  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:41:14 T:5928  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:41:14 T:5928  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:41:14 T:5928  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
11:41:14 T:5928  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
11:41:14 T:5928  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
11:41:14 T:5928  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.6~beta4)
11:41:15 T:5928   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'url'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 28, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 269, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_play.py", line 21, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\youtube.py", line 63, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 270, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 495, in _method_get_video_info
                                                url = stream_map['url']
                                            KeyError: 'url'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:41:15 T:5728   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=ZCBlKMZLxZA]
11:41:15 T:3188  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:41:18 T:5200  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:41:18 T:5200  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:41:18 T:5200  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
11:41:18 T:5200  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
11:41:18 T:5200  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
11:41:18 T:5200  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.6~beta4)
11:41:19 T:5200   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 28, in run
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 269, in on_play
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_play.py", line 21, in play_video
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\youtube.py", line 63, in get_video_streams
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 270, in load_stream_infos
                                              File "C:\Users\Alexis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 495, in _method_get_video_info
                                                url = stream_map['url']
11:41:19 T:5728   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xq2aaB_Awno]
11:41:19 T:5852  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:41:25 T:1012  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:41:26 T:1012  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:41:26 T:1012  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
11:41:26 T:1012  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Python : 2.7.8
11:41:26 T:1012  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] System : Helix (2.19)
11:41:26 T:1012  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Context: YouTube (5.0.6~beta4)
11:41:27 T:1012   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                                url = stream_map['url']
11:41:27 T:5728   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xq2aaB_Awno]
11:41:27 T:3440  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:41:29 T:4160  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:41:29 T:4160  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:41:29 T:4160 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(20): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
11:41:29 T:4160   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file
11:41:31 T:3864  NOTICE: Thread AlarmClock start, auto delete: false
11:41:31 T:5972  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:41:31 T:5972  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:41:31 T:5972 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(21): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
11:41:40 T:4856  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:41:56 T:4156  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 4 times.
11:41:56 T:4156  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

Some other movies, like The Superheroe ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KscJuyG...94&index=1 ) do seem to work.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20