• 84(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Is there anyway to put a playlist on random? I'd searched the thread with no luck. Thanks for the help.
Would it be possible to increase the number of videos displayed in the "Watch Later" section to something like a few hundred?
(2015-03-17, 20:55)gjwAudio Wrote: Hi Bromix

Just wanted to say: No Problems to complain about here at all - just a FABULOUS EXPERIENCE using YouTube with your add-on.

Thank you, thank you, Thank YOU Bromix - for building and continuing to support this most important of media sourcing add-ons.

I just love the fact I can surf around all day, collecting interesting vids ("Watch Later" list fills up fast at youtube.com !), and then settle down in the evening to watch this stuff on the big screen. Could Life get any better ?

So please continue the excellent work, and refine features & functions as the need arises.

And... Thanks Again !!

(2015-03-17, 21:12)Jacksmyname Wrote: ...

Agreed. It amazes me how well this add-on works compared to the app for Fire TV. Puts the "official" app to shame.
Very well done, bromix.

Thanks both of you and you're welcome Smile
(2015-03-16, 18:11)Valpen Wrote: I would like to be able to mark videos as watched. Smile

(2015-03-18, 02:57)hollyt9 Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 18:11)Valpen Wrote: I would like to be able to mark videos as watched. Smile
+1 for this request.

Please could you incorporate manually marking content as watched in a future update?
I'm not sure whether it's this addon or a flaw with youtube in general, but content I watch on my tablet or phone never sync up as watched when I use youtube on Kodi. So it means having to play and skip through subscription content I've already watched to remove it from the "my subscriptions" list.

P.S: Thankyou Bromix for this amazing addon!

Sorry, not possible at the moment. It was working in one direction (watched videos with KODI -> YouTube), because of the Watch History. The other direction (YouTube -> KODI) is not possible...at least it would take a lot of requests and would slow things down Sad
(2015-03-18, 03:29)cgebke Wrote: Is there anyway to put a playlist on random? I'd searched the thread with no luck. Thanks for the help.

If you want to play the whole playlist, just navigate into one, call the context menu and select 'play all' after that you will be asked in which order you want to play the playlist.
(2015-03-18, 07:21)tonic22 Wrote: Would it be possible to increase the number of videos displayed in the "Watch Later" section to something like a few hundred?

Sorry nope Sad the APIv3 is restricted to 50 entries at least.
Is there a solution for logins not working yet?
(2015-03-18, 14:57)pluginbroken Wrote: Is there a solution for logins not working yet?

The login is working. If you don't see the code to enter (and it's not confluence) switch the skin to see the code, otherwise inform the designer of the skin to support the full potential of the API for dialogs and not only 1 line (3 supported for example).
If you see the code and it's not working please provide me with a full debug log (wiki) (not the half one like last time Wink )
(2015-03-18, 11:19)bromix Wrote:

(2015-03-18, 02:57)hollyt9 Wrote:
+1 for this request.

Please could you incorporate manually marking content as watched in a future update?
I'm not sure whether it's this addon or a flaw with youtube in general, but content I watch on my tablet or phone never sync up as watched when I use youtube on Kodi. So it means having to play and skip through subscription content I've already watched to remove it from the "my subscriptions" list.

Sorry, not possible at the moment. It was working in one direction (watched videos with KODI -> YouTube), because of the Watch History. The other direction (YouTube -> KODI) is not possible...at least it would take a lot of requests and would slow things down Sad

I'm not a programmer, but you can mark local videos as watched. It shouldn't be that different to mark YouTube videos as watched localy to? Or am I totaly out in the blue now? Big Grin
(2015-03-18, 21:59)Valpen Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 11:19)bromix Wrote:

(2015-03-18, 02:57)hollyt9 Wrote: +1 for this request.

I'm not a programmer, but you can mark local videos as watched. It shouldn't be that different to mark YouTube videos as watched localy to? Or am I totaly out in the blue now? Big Grin
Yes Rolleyes thus won't work because this function is only available if a movie belongs to some kind of database. But these are non-persistent streams. So kodi won't let you mark them as watched.
Every time I go to sign in it gives me an activation code. I activate the code on youtube with no problems at all but when I return to Kodi to sign in, it doesn't work and prompts me to activate again. What am I doing wrong?
(2015-03-18, 23:28)oilerlover Wrote: Every time I go to sign in it gives me an activation code. I activate the code on youtube with no problems at all but when I return to Kodi to sign in, it doesn't work and prompts me to activate again. What am I doing wrong?
Just keep the dialog with the code open and go to the activate page of YouTube.
Hello everyone,

I have recently received an Android M8 box but having major problems with the update YouTube that's is on the Kodi 14.0. (Update 5.09?)

When I click on the youtube on Kodi it comes up with 'log-in' failed .... as does all of the youtube links installed.

How do I get into the root directory to enter sing-in details etc please (as explain by bromix on page one of this top).

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
How do I leave the dialog with the code open and go to the activate page on Youtube without closing Kodi? Once the dialog with the code is open, I can't minimize Kodi.
(2015-03-19, 00:48)Davespain Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have recently received an Android M8 box but having major problems with the update YouTube that's is on the Kodi 14.0. (Update 5.09?)

When I click on the youtube on Kodi it comes up with 'log-in' failed .... as does all of the youtube links installed.

How do I get into the root directory to enter sing-in details etc please (as explain by bromix on page one of this top).

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Debug log (wiki)
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20