• 86(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-03-12, 20:32)gotiuser01 Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 10:41)macardi Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 20:00)bromix Wrote: I found the problem....and it's little bit strange...I disabled (via code) the thumbnails and (via addon-settings) fanart...no slowing down at all - fast as hell. As soon as I use one of them (fanart or thumbnail) the system gets the hick ups. The CPU is even at full! I Disabled also DDS for images via advanced settings...no difference. My suspicion is the download of the thumbs and fanart...

I estimated the size for 50 entries in a worst case to be ~30MB ((~550kb fanart + ~50kb thumbs) * 50) :/

I try to optimize some things....

I have the exact same issue, it takes about a minute for the thumbnails to be loaded and during this time the system i jerky as hell. It only happens the first time the script is started after a restart of Kodi, thereafter everything is smooth. Funny thing is that i have the exact same issue and symptoms when Youtube thumbnails are loaded with phils extended info script when executed the first time after a restart of Kodi.The issue with that script have been reported by a handful other people but no solution has been found. The root cause might be the same and it makes me wonder if this might not be scrips specific but related to something else?

I'm on windows.

/Macardi

I thought it was normal behavior (sluggish loading of video thumbs in the YouTube add-on when you first start Kodi). I'm running Win7 too. It never bothers me cause everything runs smoothly after that initial hiccup. But I don't remember seeing the same behavior on my Android TV box. (both with 5.0.8) I'll try to verify this and report back.

I just want to follow up on this issue:
1) My Android TV box doesn't have this initial hiccup.
2) After running Windows Updates and installing 95 updates on my Win7 machine, the hiccup completely went away. Everything with Bromix's YouTube Add-on is running lightning fast. I had problems updating Windows for quite some time as it always seemed to hang for a long time without showing any progress so I always ended up manually cancelling the process. Last night I let it run overnight and it took a few good hours to complete. Turns out I just wasn't being patient enough. Not sure what fixed it but if anyone is having the same issue with their Windows machine, try updating everything available for you and see if that fixes the problem. Smile

Edit: It might not have anything to do with Windows updates....Because I also updated the Add-on to 5.0.9 so there are probably some optimizations related this....
Found a lot of posts referencing this script error, but none of the steps listed(that I found anyway) worked.

Normally just use the Youtube addon for Trailers, but whenever I click to view a movie trailer, it throws the error.
The same occurs when I launch the Youtube app and try to load a video.
I added the addons and scripts that bromix had posted, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.
Deleted the userdata addons folder

Is this perhaps because I'm running the RC version of Helix?

Kodi (14.2-RC1 Git:20150311-e7ba06f)
Using Release Kodi x32 build
Kodi compiled Mar 11 2015 by MSVC 180030723 for Windows NT x86 32-bit version 6.0 (0x06000000)
Running on Hewlett-Packard 200-009 with Windows 8.1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 6.3
Host CPU: Intel® Celeron® 2957U @ 1.40GHz, 2 cores available
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 30Hz

Code:
13:49:44 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogVideoInfo.xml) ------
13:49:44 T:4084   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin YouTube('plugin://plugin.video.youtube/','5','?action=play_video&videoid=qFuzMlfZGWM')
13:49:44 T:4084   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the YouTube (id=15) plugin...
13:49:44 T:968  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:49:44 T:968    INFO: initializing python engine.
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): start processing
13:49:44 T:968  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py"
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.youtube" dependent on version 2.14.0 of the xbmc.python api
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
13:49:45 T:968  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.0.9) on Helix (14.2) with Python 2.7.8
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Path: "/
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Params: "{'action': u'play_video', 'videoid': u'qFuzMlfZGWM'}"
13:49:45 T:968 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] DEPRECATED "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=qFuzMlfZGWM"
13:49:45 T:968 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] USE INSTEAD "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=qFuzMlfZGWM"
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] User is not logged in
13:49:46 T:968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 186, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 416, in on_root
                                                return yt_old_actions.process_old_action(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_old_actions.py", line 49, in process_old_action
                                                return _process_play_video(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_old_actions.py", line 19, in _process_play_video
                                                return provider.on_play(new_context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 299, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_play.py", line 24, in play_video
                                                if video_stream['format'].get('rtmpe', False):
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: DialogProgress::StartModal called
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
13:49:46 T:968    INFO: Python script stopped
13:49:46 T:968   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 968 terminating
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------

Not sure if that code from the log helps, this is a fresh Kodi install on a brand new HP Stream Mini, not sure if it's because I installed the RC version (an oversight on my part) or if this is a permissions issue perhaps?

Appreciate any help/suggestions.
Since updating to Kodi 14 Helix, I have no queue for downloading you tube videos now...
(2015-03-23, 16:24)tlhearst Wrote: Since updating to Kodi 14 Helix, I have no queue for downloading you tube videos now...

Correct, not supported for now.
(2015-03-23, 16:14)Temujin Wrote: Found a lot of posts referencing this script error, but none of the steps listed(that I found anyway) worked.

Normally just use the Youtube addon for Trailers, but whenever I click to view a movie trailer, it throws the error.
I added the addons and scripts that bromix had posted, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

Kodi (14.2-RC1 Git:20150311-e7ba06f)
Using Release Kodi x32 build
Kodi compiled Mar 11 2015 by MSVC 180030723 for Windows NT x86 32-bit version 6.0 (0x06000000)
Running on Hewlett-Packard 200-009 with Windows 8.1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 6.3
Host CPU: Intel® Celeron® 2957U @ 1.40GHz, 2 cores available
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 30Hz

Code:
13:49:44 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogVideoInfo.xml) ------
13:49:44 T:4084   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin YouTube('plugin://plugin.video.youtube/','5','?action=play_video&videoid=qFuzMlfZGWM')
13:49:44 T:4084   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the YouTube (id=15) plugin...
13:49:44 T:968  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:49:44 T:968    INFO: initializing python engine.
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): start processing
13:49:44 T:968  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py"
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube
13:49:44 T:968   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.youtube" dependent on version 2.14.0 of the xbmc.python api
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
13:49:45 T:968  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.0.9) on Helix (14.2) with Python 2.7.8
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Path: "/
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Params: "{'action': u'play_video', 'videoid': u'qFuzMlfZGWM'}"
13:49:45 T:968 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] DEPRECATED "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=qFuzMlfZGWM"
13:49:45 T:968 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] USE INSTEAD "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=qFuzMlfZGWM"
13:49:45 T:968   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] User is not logged in
13:49:46 T:968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 186, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 416, in on_root
                                                return yt_old_actions.process_old_action(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_old_actions.py", line 49, in process_old_action
                                                return _process_play_video(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_old_actions.py", line 19, in _process_play_video
                                                return provider.on_play(new_context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 299, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_play.py", line 24, in play_video
                                                if video_stream['format'].get('rtmpe', False):
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: DialogProgress::StartModal called
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
13:49:46 T:968    INFO: Python script stopped
13:49:46 T:968   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 968 terminating
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
13:49:46 T:4084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------

Not sure if that code from the log helps, this is a fresh Kodi install on a brand new HP Stream Mini, not sure if it's because I installed the RC version (an oversight on my part) or if this is a permissions issue perhaps?

Appreciate any help/suggestions.

I try to look into it...but next time please use pastebin or xbmclogs.com Wink
My thumbnails have disappeared all I get is a red general youtube logo, if I click "i" for info the thumbnail is displayed ? any help would be appreciated, have tried reinstall on two separate windows 7 / 8.1 computers.
Try clicking on the View tab repeatedly until it shows the thumbnail view.
(2015-03-26, 03:29)watermouf Wrote: My thumbnails have disappeared all I get is a red general youtube logo, if I click "i" for info the thumbnail is displayed ? any help would be appreciated, have tried reinstall on two separate windows 7 / 8.1 computers.

which skin are you using?
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Hello.
After the wait is over this time maybe there is luck.
There is a new solution to new subscription videos in the apiv3 migration guide.
Will it be supported ?

Quote:Retrieve new subscription videos – The v3 API does not retrieve a list that only contains videos that have recently been uploaded to channels that the API user subscribes to. However, you can use the v3 API to find new subscription videos by calling theactivities.list method and setting the homeparameter value to true.
(2015-03-28, 13:03)Riksa Wrote: Hello.
There is a new solution to new subscription videos in the apiv3 migration guide.
Will it be supported ?

Quote:Retrieve new subscription videos – The v3 API does not retrieve a list that only contains videos that have recently been uploaded to channels that the API user subscribes to. However, you can use the v3 API to find new subscription videos by calling theactivities.list method and setting the homeparameter value to true.
No...sadly YouTube completely deprecated the function (take a look at their blog - it's official now)
What you are referring to is an activity stream - not only new uploaded videos. This is even worse Sad and was already implemented in one the first alpha versions but wasn't the result a user would expect.
hi guys,

recently i found one issue with this plugin and i have not found anything helpful on the web so i decided to post here. maybe somebody had already solved similar issue.

situation:
- i have two users in kodi 14.2 (openelec 5.0.6) and youtube plugin version 5.0.9
- youtube is working fine for master user, but playback fails with second user - activation worked fine, user logs successfully to youtube account and can browse liked or subscribed videos, only playback is failing
- this is failing in both mi RPi (version 1B+ and also version 2)
- it works fine for both users when running on kodi 14.2 under windows 7

here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/UXXJMMxu

PS: i dont have this menu entry in youtube plugin configuration: "1. Open the plugin and go to "Advanced" in settings, enable "Plugin debug" and confirm."

i have tried to delete youtube configuration from folder userdata/profiles/<id>/addon_data
i have tried to copy this folder from windows machine where it works
i have also tried fresh installation and reactivation

since its working under windows it might be related to openelec

did anybody encountered this kind of issue? or can anybody help me with finding the rootcause?

thanks,
zavisko
(2015-03-28, 16:07)bromix Wrote:
Will it be supported ?

No...sadly YouTube completely deprecated the function (take a look at their blog - it's official now)
What you are referring to is an activity stream - not only new uploaded videos. This is even worse Sad and was already implemented in one the first alpha versions but wasn't the result a user would expect.

Well... at least for me and if possible besides not perfect, the only option given will be better than nothing.
(2015-03-28, 18:12)Riksa Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 16:07)bromix Wrote:
Will it be supported ?

Well... at least for me and if possible besides not perfect, the only option given will be better than nothing.
Don't be worried Smile I try to find a solution so we get the 'new subscription' result and if it means to use the new activities method Wink
(2015-03-23, 16:32)bromix Wrote: [quote='Temujin' pid='1963018' dateline='1427120064']
Found a lot of posts referencing this script error, but none of the steps listed(that I found anyway) worked.

I try to look into it...but next time please use pastebin or xbmclogs.com Wink
Update: Embarrassing resolution.
Misconfigured OpenDNS on the new box blocking youtube. BlushConfused
I await the ridicule *sigh* Smile
(2015-03-28, 16:52)zavisko Wrote: hi guys,

recently i found one issue with this plugin and i have not found anything helpful on the web so i decided to post here. maybe somebody had already solved similar issue.

situation:
- i have two users in kodi 14.2 (openelec 5.0.6) and youtube plugin version 5.0.9
- youtube is working fine for master user, but playback fails with second user - activation worked fine, user logs successfully to youtube account and can browse liked or subscribed videos, only playback is failing
- this is failing in both mi RPi (version 1B+ and also version 2)
- it works fine for both users when running on kodi 14.2 under windows 7

Same problem here.. Running 5.0.7 OE and 5.0.9 for the Plugin.
I am a newbie - apologies for stupid questions or not following your guidelines....

http://pastebin.com/1iQ6HjAg

Thanks!
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20