• 88(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hi Bromix

I was wondering if you can add more search filters to the "Search" function. I believe the default search filter is "Relevance" which works very well in most cases. But if I want to see newly uploaded videos that might be less relevant (or just too new to become relevant), currently I can only "sort by year" to bring those relatively newer results to the top. There's no way I can generate a new set of results based on publish/upload dates.

With a date-based filter, it makes me feel like I'm "subscribing" to my favorite keywords. (One of the Win8 apps "Hyper for YouTube" allows you to kinda do that. On the homescreen, it shows videos from your saved searches with pre-defined filters, like "newly uploaded + HD + long" videos)

Another feature suggestion is "Go to X page", along with the current next/previous page option. It can be very useful if we have a lot of content to navigate through (like when we are on a result page, or browsing through liked/favorited videos.

Again thank you so much for bringing us this fantastic add-on Smile
(2015-04-05, 19:14)gotiuser01 Wrote: Hi Bromix

I was wondering if you can add more search filters to the "Search" function. I believe the default search filter is "Relevance" which works very well in most cases. But if I want to see newly uploaded videos that might be less relevant (or just too new to become relevant), currently I can only "sort by year" to bring those relatively newer results to the top. There's no way I can generate a new set of results based on publish/upload dates.

With a date-based filter, it makes me feel like I'm "subscribing" to my favorite keywords. (One of the Win8 apps "Hyper for YouTube" allows you to kinda do that. On the homescreen, it shows videos from your saved searches with pre-defined filters, like "newly uploaded + HD + long" videos)
Right now I haven't found the best solution for it. The options for the search would need a customized window to provide the settings - I try to prevent this, because of possible problems with skins. This feature is quite complex with all the possible settings/options

(2015-04-05, 19:14)gotiuser01 Wrote: Another feature suggestion is "Go to X page", along with the current next/previous page option. It can be very useful if we have a lot of content to navigate through (like when we are on a result page, or browsing through liked/favorited videos.
I don't understand what you mean - if you mean a can enter a page number to navigate to page 10 - this will not be possible. APIv3 only gives you a page-token for the next page....nothing with page-count and page-index...this results in iterating through each page to collect the token for the next page (someone of google was quite brilliant Confused )
Search history is now working as expected. Thanks for the update Bromix.
(2015-04-05, 19:34)bromix Wrote:

Right now I haven't found the best solution for it. The options for the search would need a customized window to provide the settings - I try to prevent this, because of possible problems with skins. This feature is quite complex with all the possible settings/options

(2015-04-05, 19:14)gotiuser01 Wrote: Another feature suggestion is "Go to X page", along with the current next/previous page option. It can be very useful if we have a lot of content to navigate through (like when we are on a result page, or browsing through liked/favorited videos.
I don't understand what you mean - if you mean a can enter a page number to navigate to page 10 - this will not be possible. APIv3 only gives you a page-token for the next page....nothing with page-count and page-index...this results in iterating through each page to collect the token for the next page (someone of google was quite brilliant Confused )

1. Perhaps an add-on wide setting (as opposed to custom options for individual searches) that allows us to specify the default search behavior for all searches (like by Relevance or by Upload Dates) is more feasible?

2. That's a shame. Thank you for the prompt answer Smile
Is it possible to disable the vp9 decoder and force the video to render using the h264 decoder only?
(2015-04-05, 19:51)gotiuser01 Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 19:34)bromix Wrote:

1. Perhaps an add-on wide setting (as opposed to custom options for individual searches) that allows us to specify the default search behavior for all searches (like by Relevance or by Upload Dates) is more feasible?

2. That's a shame. Thank you for the prompt answer Smile

It seems that the YouTube site supports searches with some sort of arguments so we don't have use the UI filters when doing an advanced search.
For example:

Michael Jordan, Today

will return all the MJ Videos uploaded in the last 24 hours. So I tried the same search in the Add-on but it did not work. I suppose the API doesn't allow these types of searches and just interprets the argument as part of the keywords. Sad
Hi bromix, think I found a bug in the latest version 5.1.0-beta6. the subscribe button sometimes appears twice in the context menu:

apart from that minor complaint everything's cool :)
cheers, freem@n
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2015-04-06, 13:08)whise Wrote: Is it possible to disable the vp9 decoder and force the video to render using the h264 decoder only?

+1
(2015-04-06, 13:08)whise Wrote: Is it possible to disable the vp9 decoder and force the video to render using the h264 decoder only?
Do you have an example...maybe the video-id. Normally the addon should select h264 over vp9, but I need something to test.
(2015-04-06, 13:44)freem@n Wrote: Hi bromix, think I found a bug in the latest version 5.1.0-beta6. the subscribe button sometimes appears twice in the context menu:
apart from that minor complaint everything's cool Smile
cheers, freem@n

I know...this bug was always there...I don't know why...but it's KODI. The routine behind it doesn't create 2 menu entries...if you call the context menu again (after navigating up and down) everything should be ok again.
(2015-04-06, 13:35)gotiuser01 Wrote: ...

It seems that the YouTube site supports searches with some sort of arguments so we don't have use the UI filters when doing an advanced search.
For example:

Michael Jordan, Today

will return all the MJ Videos uploaded in the last 24 hours. So I tried the same search in the Add-on but it did not work. I suppose the API doesn't allow these types of searches and just interprets the argument as part of the keywords. Sad

You're right...this is the URL for a search I tried:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=batman&filters=today,video,short,hd,3d&search_sort=video_avg_rating

So these kind of searches make only sense if you can save them as a 'advanced search' ? I think this would be a new section in the main menu Smile
(2015-04-06, 15:49)bromix Wrote:
Do you have an example...maybe the video-id. Normally the addon should select h264 over vp9, but I need something to test.

Thank you for the reply, i will post an example soon.
(2015-04-06, 16:05)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 13:44)freem@n Wrote: Hi bromix, think I found a bug in the latest version 5.1.0-beta6. the subscribe button sometimes appears twice in the context menu:
apart from that minor complaint everything's cool Smile
cheers, freem@n

I know...this bug was always there...I don't know why...but it's KODI. The routine behind it doesn't create 2 menu entries...if you call the context menu again (after navigating up and down) everything should be ok again.

oh okay, you're right, fortunately it only happens very rarely so it's not that big of a deal.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Version 5.1.0~beta7 (2015-04-06)
FIX: solved blank items of extracted YouTube relevant links
UPD: improved YouTube relevant link extraction
(2014-07-29, 21:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 21:35)bromix Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 17:31)Lunatixz Wrote: I would be interested in using this as my default youtube plugin but I require a few features...

If possible can you add direct playback via shortcut, similar to the official youtube plugin? for example

Code:
'plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid='+url
url == the youtube video id

Can you also suppress any dialog boxes from opening during playback, for example the official youtube plugin would have a "Opening youtube" okdialog box , I would like to either have that removed or not displayed when a xbmc event window is active...

I appreciate your efforts to remove some sluggish features inorder to stream line video playback.

At the moment this should work. If you need a version with the full url, I can add this feature for the next update, but if possible, I would prefer the ID Smile
Code:
'plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=VIDEO_ID

Which dialogs do you mean exactly?

Thanks, VideoID is just fine, exactly what I need... I'm referring to this dialog box... if you can either disable it all together or disable when a activewindow is true... it would be great Smile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgs312i0qwdfh5...hot032.png
Code:
if xbmcgui.Window(10000).getProperty("PseudoTVRunning") == "True":
     ##Disable dialog

hi bromix what is exactly the code in your yt plugin to disable the opening stream dialog? I would like to implement it to my addon thanks.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20