• 91(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-04-11, 10:24)sualfred Wrote: Just delete the addon data and reconfigure the addon again

Windows user path -> C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

Thanks, but no dice for me on 14.2 Helix... been getting "daily limit exceeded" errors since yesterday.
I received a quote exceeded as well, just watching trailers.
Will try again tomorrow.
same boat..kodi + Youtube = daily limit

works fine on my old xbmc 12.3

had to wake that thing up

what info do you need to fix this?
More first run difficulties, hopefully it's not a case of YT throwing their weight around, will wait for the experts opinion though.
I just installed a fresh OE 5.0.8 and the first run wizard crashed. Sorry no logs as I have booted a couple of times since then, just reporting a 'me too' really.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi.

I had the same problem and solved it follows

I connect to the Youtube page locate the movie or series you are watching on Kodi and opened any chapter.
And returned to work the Kodi, I do not appreciate the daily limit message.

sorry my English is not very good

hope they serve
(2015-04-11, 07:17)nevmnd Wrote: Great addon!
But I'd like to ask... Is there subtitle support?
Planed, but Google published the official support a week ago for APIv3 ^^

(2015-04-11, 10:24)sualfred Wrote: Got the same issue.

Just delete the addon data and reconfigure the addon again

Windows user path -> C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

Btw @bromix:
Don't know if it's already a known issue, but the viewtype override is ignored as soon a playback is finished and Kodi is switching back to the Episode view.
Seems more likely a problem with the skin. Can you give me some more information about that?

(2015-04-11, 10:52)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 07:15)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Quote Exceeded here too, and it seems it also prevents my YouTube client from pulling thumbnails or descriptions. 'Watch Later' has also vanished from my list of options too and no, it hasn't been disabled by the user...

History vanished for me as well, everything is back now. Was it a temporary thing or will it recur, that's the great mystery of Youtube.
Yeah, Google is destroying everything again Wink we can only wait.

(2015-04-12, 09:01)nickr Wrote: I just installed a fresh OE 5.0.8 and the first run wizard crashed. Sorry no logs as I have booted a couple of times since then, just reporting a 'me too' really.

Maybe connected the the quota-problem.
Aye. Will send you a PM later when I'm back at home.

Edit:
wtf... now it works O_o maybe clearing my addon userdata solved it. Will update you, if I'm facing it again.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
One thing I can say to the quota is...the search costs me the most of it...100 Units!!!. Information for a video costs me only 3 Units. I'm adding a quota counter in the addon to see if I can optimize something...but that seems to me almost impossible - because I already have a lot of caching implemented.

But if only the search is used so much - no wonder the quota is exploding. The search is also used for related videos and so on. If this will become more and more a problem I will have to implement some kind of contingent to block further searches if some quota-limit is reached - because other people who are not using the search are fucked and want only watch the movie from their subscriptions.

To developers of skins, it would be nice to not integrate the search of the addon into the GUI - because this could rapidly melt the quota down for only showing content which maybe no one is actively using (meaning - watching a video of it).
(2015-04-12, 16:46)bromix Wrote: One thing I can say to the quota is...the search costs me the most of it...100 Units!!!. Information for a video costs me only 3 Units. I'm adding a quota counter in the addon to see if I can optimize something...but that seems to me almost impossible - because I already have a lot of caching implemented.

But if only the search is used so much - no wonder the quota is exploding. The search is also used for related videos and so on. If this will become more and more a problem I will have to implement some kind of contingent to block further searches if some quota-limit is reached - because other people who are not using the search are fucked and want only watch the movie from their subscriptions.

To developers of skins, it would be nice to not integrate the search of the addon into the GUI - because this could rapidly melt the quota down for only showing content which maybe no one is actively using (meaning - watching a video of it).

Are you using a single API key for all users? Or are we all individually getting to a quota limit?
(2015-04-12, 17:49)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 16:46)bromix Wrote: One thing I can say to the quota is...the search costs me the most of it...100 Units!!!. Information for a video costs me only 3 Units. I'm adding a quota counter in the addon to see if I can optimize something...but that seems to me almost impossible - because I already have a lot of caching implemented.

Are you using a single API key for all users? Or are we all individually getting to a quota limit?

Wink only one API-Key per APP...you have logically all the same key...this is how such things work. One key has a limit of 50,000,000 units per day...and a limit per ~50,000 units/second/user.
(2015-04-12, 17:54)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 17:49)JasonPell Wrote:

What a question Wink only one API-Key per APP...you have logically all the same key...this is how such things work. One key has a limit of 50,000,000 units per day...and a limit per ~50,000 units/second/user.

So it means YouTube plugin on kodi is uber popular. But it also means we are all going to experience the API limit daily...
(2015-04-12, 17:58)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 17:54)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 17:49)JasonPell Wrote: Are you using a single API key for all users? Or are we all individually getting to a quota limit?

What a question Wink only one API-Key per APP...you have logically all the same key...this is how such things work. One key has a limit of 50,000,000 units per day...and a limit per ~50,000 units/second/user.

So it means YouTube plugin on kodi is uber popular. But it also means we are all going to experience the API limit daily...

Possibly yes...I hope not and this was a minor glitch because they are moving forward to APIv3...but if this will repeat we have to come up with another solution Smile (probably me)
Is it possible for individual users to generate their own API key and plug it into the addon?

Obviously that's a kludgy solution, but it seems like Google doesn't really want to support 3rd party youtube apps. Honestly can't really blame them, as we don't watch their advertisements.

Many twitter clients have been forced to do the same thing due to twitter's similar API restrictions. Twitter also kinda/sorta allows third-party clients but then restricts the heck out of them.
(2015-04-12, 18:57)rodalpho Wrote: Is it possible for individual users to generate their own API key and plug it into the addon?

Obviously that's a kludgy solution, but it seems like Google doesn't really want to support 3rd party youtube apps. Honestly can't really blame them, as we don't watch their advertisements.

Many twitter clients have been forced to do the same thing due to twitter's similar API restrictions. Twitter also kinda/sorta allows third-party clients but then restricts the heck out of them.

Plausible, but to explain this to a user would be a pain...to generate an API-Key you must be authenticated and sometimes you have to (based on the service of Google) provide your phone-number or creditcard...no way Wink

Let's not rush and wait whats really going one...at the moment it seems to work...also the history. Nobody will die because YouTube for KODI isn't working Smile
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20