• 92(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-04-12, 19:05)bromix Wrote: Nobody will die because YouTube for KODI isn't working Smile

Some might disagree
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-04-12, 19:07)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 19:05)bromix Wrote: Nobody will die because YouTube for KODI isn't working Smile

Some might disagree

Maybe, but some people have to calm down...this is something technically.

We don't know if the quota is really depleted or if this has something to do with the deprecation of APIv2 (it wouldn't be the first time based on their issue-tracker). Therefore I will relax and enjoy the nice weather Smile at the moment everything is working.

btw. with 5.1.0~beta9 everyone can check the quota per user, it has some minimal quota-optimization included - but not really much what could prevent to burn 50,000,000 units per day...I will have to run this for some time, so I can estimate what's really happening.
(2015-04-12, 19:05)bromix Wrote: Plausible, but to explain this to a user would be a pain...to generate an API-Key you must be authenticated and sometimes you have to (based on the service of Google) provide your phone-number or creditcard...no way Wink

Let's not rush and wait whats really going one...at the moment it seems to work...also the history. Nobody will die because YouTube for KODI isn't working Smile
Yes, it was a pain for the twitter clients that had to do the same thing, but it was the only way for them to function. Agree it should be plan B.

Ultimately, as long as we don't show their advertisements, google is incentivized to block our access. And even if we do show their ads, they often have corporate goals that don't align with what users want-- for example, they blocked youtube clients on windows phone even when microsoft disallowed video downloading and showed their ads, because they wanted to promote android.

Exactly like twitter, google really wants youtube users to use the standard HTML5 youtube client, because they completely control the experience. They haven't completely cut off API users because that would cause more fuss than slowly choking them to death through ever more nonsensical and painful restrictions.
Dam you Bromix! My addon isn't broken and I don't have to do anything to fix it, its perfect. Sad I miss those days we use to have a broken youtube addon every 3rd week. I hate you.
(2015-04-12, 20:22)MediaPi Wrote: Dam you Bromix! My addon isn't broken and I don't have to do anything to fix it, its perfect. Sad I miss those days we use to have a broken youtube addon every 3rd week. I hate you.

+1, and
bromix, yes the weather is great today in Montréal !!!!
Its also possible someone has stolen your keys correct? As you are using an android key which would normally be obsfucated inside a apk file.
(2015-04-13, 00:58)JasonPell Wrote: Its also possible someone has stolen your keys correct? As you are using an android key which would normally be obsfucated inside a apk file.
You can't obfuscate string literals. Therefore keys can't be obfuscated. And I'm not using an Android Key Wink
(2015-04-13, 01:04)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 00:58)JasonPell Wrote: Its also possible someone has stolen your keys correct? As you are using an android key which would normally be obsfucated inside a apk file.
You can't obfuscate string literals. Therefore keys can't be obfuscated. And I'm not using an Android Key Wink

Not sure this will bring any value but here it goes... @ 2pm I saw the quota at 33 (in the advance tab), then l listen to 5-6 videos, did three searches, and then the quota increased to 533.... (On a raspberryPI)
Ben

Edit: I saw a similar quota spending/consumption on my second PI.
Would it be possible to automatically generate a unique API-Key per user device at installation time (say based off the device's MAC address)?
It would seem difficult to overcome this issue (through caching etc) if we're all using the same pool of units.
(2015-04-13, 03:20)AusMatt Wrote: Would it be possible to automatically generate a unique API-Key per user device at installation time (say based off the device's MAC address)?
It would seem difficult to overcome this issue (through caching etc) if we're all using the same pool of units.

The key is generated by Google, not by Kodi. Just read:
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...ng-started
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-04-13, 01:56)blachanc Wrote: ...
Not sure this will bring any value but here it goes... @ 2pm I saw the quota at 33 (in the advance tab), then l listen to 5-6 videos, did three searches, and then the quota increased to 533.... (On a raspberryPI)
Ben

Edit: I saw a similar quota spending/consumption on my second PI.
You're right...the search is the evil brother here Smile

(2015-04-13, 09:46)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 03:20)AusMatt Wrote: Would it be possible to automatically generate a unique API-Key per user device at installation time (say based off the device's MAC address)?

The key is generated by Google, not by Kodi. Just read:
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...ng-started

Thanks Smile and correct.
(2015-04-12, 19:37)rodalpho Wrote: ....
Yes, it was a pain for the twitter clients that had to do the same thing, but it was the only way for them to function. Agree it should be plan B.

Ultimately, as long as we don't show their advertisements, google is incentivized to block our access. And even if we do show their ads, they often have corporate goals that don't align with what users want-- for example, they blocked youtube clients on windows phone even when microsoft disallowed video downloading and showed their ads, because they wanted to promote android.

Exactly like twitter, google really wants youtube users to use the standard HTML5 youtube client, because they completely control the experience. They haven't completely cut off API users because that would cause more fuss than slowly choking them to death through ever more nonsensical and painful restrictions.

I think plan B will come faster than I thought Smile

Today in the morning I noticed the quota exceeded again. But I thought about your suggestion and did a little dirty testing Smile
The plausible solution would be to provide a separate KEY (or KEYs) for all calls which are not connected to the account - for example all search relevant calls (basic search, live streams, popular right now and related to the video) will have a separate KEY. The search costs us the most of the quota and can even used by users who are not logged in.

This has 2 benefits - first, we could shape the depletion of the quota for all users who are connected with their account (that's the first priority). Second, if a 'quota exceeded' should occur again, than only for search relevant things. After that we could determine if we need to iterate more keys (if needed).

But this will be my next step for the 5.1.0 release.
-- post removed --
(before users start to flood this thread with this topic)
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
hi i would like to report 2 issues:

1: the last days as everyone is experiencing the quota exceeded error for subscription,

2: when i play a video, i can only forward to time in the buffer zone, example: a movie is 20 min, i can see the buffer is until 10 min, i can forward and backward in the 10 min. But when i forward like to 10:30, Kodi crashes. why ? is it a known bug?

thx!! very like the youtube on the KODI!!!
(2015-04-13, 18:49)ebeng Wrote: hi i would like to report 2 issues:

1: the last days as everyone is experiencing the quota exceeded error for subscription,
Already on it Wink

(2015-04-13, 18:49)ebeng Wrote: 2: when i play a video, i can only forward to time in the buffer zone, example: a movie is 20 min, i can see the buffer is until 10 min, i can forward and backward in the 10 min. But when i forward like to 10:30, Kodi crashes. why ? is it a known bug?

thx!! very like the youtube on the KODI!!!

KODI, or at least try to provide a debug log (wiki) Smile
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20