• 96(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-04-19, 12:59)jmh2002 Wrote: I deleted cache.sqlite, but unfortunately no change. Still no thumbnails.

Please tell me what I should test next for you.

Try to delete \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\Textures13.db (make a copy of the file in case something goes wrong)
Won't that delete ALL my thumbnails system wide? I dont think I want that.

I dont have a problem with thumbnails elsewhere in Kodi - its only YouTube. And its only thumbnails from videos, the red youtube logo thumbnails work.

So, its almost like the thumbnails are not being retrieved from the internet.

Bromix - can you see that from the log. Or can I see or test that locally?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-04-19, 13:37)jmh2002 Wrote: Won't that delete ALL my thumbnails system wide? I dont think I want that.

I dont have a problem with thumbnails elsewhere in Kodi - its only YouTube. And its only thumbnails from videos, the red youtube logo thumbnails work.

So, its almost like the thumbnails are not being retrieved from the internet.

Bromix - can you see that from the log. Or can I see or test that locally?
Uukrul test is valid and no...I havn't seen anything in your log. Nothing I can do.
(2015-04-19, 13:37)jmh2002 Wrote: Won't that delete ALL my thumbnails system wide? I dont think I want that.

Thumbnails are stored at \userdata\Thumbnails\ so no, you won't loose them.

btw, are you using Kodi or XBMC?, because the userdata path isn't the same -> \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\
(2015-04-19, 14:59)bromix Wrote: Nothing I can do.

Oh... ok... Confused
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
@Uukrul:

- Im using XBMC 13.2
- I tried the Textures delete, no change

However thank you for your suggestions Smile

@Bromix:

I helped myself.

After totally deleting my youtube installation, and after reinstalling, I have thumbnails back. But, these are the thumbnails of the channel, not the specific video.

Then I remembered that my skin (CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod) has a toggle to show/hide Episode Thumbnails.

So, eg: for TV Show episodes it does exactly what I mentioned above. It shows the Thumbnail for the Show, rather than a screen capture from that episode.

It seems with the latest updates of the YouTube Addon this skin setting is also now having an effect with YouTube too.

This doesn't seem to be the case with my other addons that display a Thumbnail for the video (essentially a screen capture of one of the video frames). They continue to display normally.

@Bromix: does this make sense based on any technical changes that you may have made in the last updates?
(2015-04-19, 16:24)jmh2002 Wrote: @Uukrul:

- Im using XBMC 13.2
- I tried the Textures delete, no change

However thank you for your suggestions Smile

@Bromix:

I helped myself.

After totally deleting my youtube installation, and after reinstalling, I have thumbnails back. But, these are the thumbnails of the channel, not the specific video.

Then I remembered that my skin (CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod) has a toggle to show/hide Episode Thumbnails.

So, eg: for TV Show episodes it does exactly what I mentioned above. It shows the Thumbnail for the Show, rather than a screen capture from that episode.

It seems with the latest updates of the YouTube Addon this skin setting is also now having an effect with YouTube too.

This doesn't seem to be the case with my other addons that display a Thumbnail for the video (essentially a screen capture of one of the video frames). They continue to display normally.

@Bromix: does this make sense based on any technical changes that you may have made in the last updates?
Then the skin isn't working (in my opinion) correctly. The Addon uses the EPISODE content type for almost half a year now and I haven't heard any complains til now Wink...the default confluence skin is working fine...with this addon and TV Shows. Contact the developer of your mod. This isn't an issue with the Addon.
(2015-04-19, 18:40)bromix Wrote: Then the skin isn't working (in my opinion) correctly. The Addon uses the EPISODE content type for almost half a year now and I haven't heard any complains til now Wink...the default confluence skin is working fine...with this addon and TV Shows. Contact the developer of your mod. This isn't an issue with the Addon.

Ok thanks, strange that its only appeared now, but at least we found the issue.
A lot of people will see this video in their "My subscriptions" inbox,
even though the have not subscribed to this channel:

The video displays a message:
"YouTube is upgrading to a newer version, which is not supported by this device or app.
To learn more and see where you can watch YouTube, visit
www.youtube.com/devicesupport
"

I run KODI on a linux box, i presume anyone using this addon will be barred from watching YouTube.
Presumably because it does not display their ads.
Which means that the good ol' days of watching YT anywhere are soon over
and YT will be like a tv channel, riddled with ads and limited to specific devices/apps.
Greedy c****.

Smile
(2015-04-20, 20:59)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: A lot of people will see this video in their "My subscriptions" inbox,
even though the have not subscribed to this channel:

The video displays a message:
"YouTube is upgrading to a newer version, which is not supported by this device or app.
To learn more and see where you can watch YouTube, visit
www.youtube.com/devicesupport
"

I run KODI on a linux box, i presume anyone using this addon will be barred from watching YouTube.
Presumably because it does not display their ads.
Which means that the good ol' days of watching YT anywhere are soon over
and YT will be like a tv channel, riddled with ads and limited to specific devices/apps.
Greedy c****.

Smile
Man...don't. You see this only because I use for My Subscriptions the APIv2 (till I find something similar in APIv3). Nothing more. The rest will work because it's APIv3. Everything is fine, the addon isn't banned or anything similar. I hope I will not have any user whining about that now for the whole evening. Please stop making any assumptions.
Okay, i sincerely hope that you're right and i'm wrong.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
I'm pretty sure Wink it's only the deprecation of APIv2 (in this case -> My Subscriptions)...nothing more Smile
It truly is astonishing that they don't support a chronological list of subscribed videos in APIv3. It's such incredibly basic frontline functionality.

I mean collections and such, sure, that's secondary. But list of subscribed videos is how I (and a lot of people) use Youtube.

Anyway, might be worthwhile to blacklist that video from showing up to avoid those types of questions. I didn't know you were still using APIv2 anywhere myself.
Luckily there are ways around it if the feature isn't added to the api by the time v2 is fully deprecated, unluckily those ways around it either lose videos sometimes (pulling from the activity feed and stripping out recommended videos), or are incredibly slow (amass all of the data from each channel subscribed and list in order of upload date). Hopefully Youtube listens to their developer fan base, although history has shown they don't really care much about this issue.
I think they care about it very much, and are actively trying to kill third party youtube apps while allowing third-party youtube "integration" for things like comments and recommendations, that further increase Youtube's reach. But if you just want to watch videos, they want you to use their standard HTML5 app.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20