• 98(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-04-22, 08:31)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 07:43)sualfred Wrote: @Bromix:
Everything works great so far. I guess you can drop the old v2 category Tongue
I just noticed one thing: The fanarts aren't displayed in the v1 method. Aren't they supported with this method or just missed?
The fanart is my own doing Wink nothing what any of their API is/was providing. I missed that in the beta12..I will add it in the next (possibly last) beta.

Great Smile I would miss them.

Will the "/new_uploaded_videos_tv" node named as it is or is it going to be changed to the old one?
Just want to be sure if I have to change some paths in my skin.

Btw, I'm not sure if it's already implemented: Can you add a check that the forced viewtype is only be set if the plugin window is active? I was fighting some addons, which changed the viewtype even if they are only be used to fill a dynamic list (widgets).
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-04-22, 09:28)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 08:31)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 07:43)sualfred Wrote: @Bromix:
Everything works great so far. I guess you can drop the old v2 category Tongue
I just noticed one thing: The fanarts aren't displayed in the v1 method. Aren't they supported with this method or just missed?
The fanart is my own doing Wink nothing what any of their API is/was providing. I missed that in the beta12..I will add it in the next (possibly last) beta.

Great Smile I would miss them.

Will the "/new_uploaded_videos_tv" node named as it is or is it going to be changed to the old one?
Just want to be sure if I have to change some paths in my skin.

Btw, I'm not sure if it's already implemented: Can you add a check that the forced viewtype is only be set if the plugin window is active? I was fighting some addons, which changed the viewtype even if they are only be used to fill a dynamic list (widgets).

Ahh....there goes my quota Wink skins pulling all the data. It will be new_uploaded_videos_tv so I can see the difference...normally this is an internal method and was not supposed to be called from the outside Wink
The view type is already working. This is mostly a KODI and Skin problem.
Sorry, but having YT feeds on my homescreen is a must have Tongue I used as much conditions as possible to prevent high quotas Smile

Yes, I know that the view type is working.
It only happens in a short time frame: If I'm accessing a videodb window while a dynamic list is filled and loading at the same time -> viewtype changed in the videodb.
But it's just a rare scenario.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
bromix - You are a freakin legend! Version 5.1.0~beta12 is working like a champ and I can pull more than 50 vids too now!

Awesome fix/improvement mate.

Thanks for the hard work.

-Chris
(2015-04-22, 10:12)chrisric Wrote: bromix - You are a freakin legend! Version 5.1.0~beta12 is working like a champ and I can pull more than 50 vids too now!

Awesome fix/improvement mate.

Thanks for the hard work.

-Chris

Thanks for the feedback and nice to hear Wink

Soon I will PR the final v5.1.0 (a bigger update after almost a month)
Does anyone knows if "Youtube Music" depends on this plugin or its independent ?
because its not working (Bromix youtube works awesome)
(2015-04-22, 15:23)Chura Wrote: Does anyone knows if "Youtube Music" depends on this plugin or its independent ?
because its not working (Bromix youtube works awesome)

Nope...last time I checked..YouTube Music uses an own implementation of the YouTube part.
Nope. Has nothing to do with Youtube Music.

edit:
too slow Tongue
BIG UPDATE!

1. You will have to login twice, so that the Addon will work properly
This is because of the deprecation of the APIv2 and so we can keep the 'My Subscription' still alive, we have to use a little trick Wink

2. Further (possible) videos, playlists and channels extracted from the description of a video via context menu
You have now the possibility to watch more videos based on the content in the description ("below"). Just use the context menu and select 'More links from the description'.

Version 5.1.0 (2015-04-22)
ADD: Double login to support 'My subscriptions' via YouTube TV API
ADD: 'More Links from the description' - extracts further links from the description
ADD: Korean (thx 2 piodio)
UPD: removed old implementation of 'My Subscriptions'
UPD: new fanart and icon
UPD: changed credentials
UPD: minimal quota-optimization
UPD: French (thx 2 eauland)
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved extraction and resolving of video/playlist urls
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved extraction and resolving of user/channel urls
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved performance resolving urls with caching
UPD: regex optimizations for season and expisode extraction
FIX: support fanart of channel in new implementation of 'My Subscriptions'
FIX: YouTube relevant description links - script error while some server return garbage for a location
FIX: script error while resolving url fails
FIX: script error while adding video to a playlist
FIX: show seconds (runtime) in Gotham
Form some reason I cannot update, it says an update is available but when I update it still shows the same version and tells me an update is available.

Update: it looks like forcing a refresh on your repository, and rebooting fixed it.
(2015-04-22, 19:05)bromix Wrote: BIG UPDATE!

This is because of the deprecation of the APIv2 and so we can keep the 'My Subscription' still alive, we have to use a little trick Wink

2. Further (possible) videos, playlists and channels extracted from the description of a video via context menu
You have now the possibility to watch more videos based on the content in the description ("below"). Just use the context menu and select 'More links from the description'.

ADD: 'More Links from the description' - extracts further links from the description
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved extraction and resolving of video/playlist urls
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved extraction and resolving of user/channel urls
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved performance resolving urls with caching
FIX: YouTube relevant description links - script error while some server return garbage for a location

Hi i came here because I started getting the device not support error on my Fire TV when trying to play a trailer. I updated to your latest youtube addon but I am still getting this message and it won't play. Was this addon update supposed to fix that? I did the double login and I can login to the addon fine but the trailers still give the device not supported message when highlighting a movie and pressing play trailer in aeon nox 5.
(2015-04-23, 04:22)thekid Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 19:05)bromix Wrote: BIG UPDATE!

Hi i came here because I started getting the device not support error on my Fire TV when trying to play a trailer. I updated to your latest youtube addon but I am still getting this message and it won't play. Was this addon update supposed to fix that? I did the double login and I can login to the addon fine but the trailers still give the device not supported message when highlighting a movie and pressing play trailer in aeon nox 5.
Debug log (wiki) and yes....this fixes the device bug.
Thanks for the update.

If you are on a mobile device, 'YouTube.com/activate' may launch the YouTube app, as it did for me. I was able to use http://www.google.com/device instead.
After the upgrade and the re-login I lost all my subscriptions. Is there a way for me to find out what they were? Is there some archive/backup on my box where I can possibly rummage and found them listed (no matter what the format, as far as the channel names are readable).
(2015-04-23, 19:20)bitbanger Wrote: After the upgrade and the re-login I lost all my subscriptions. Is there a way for me to find out what they were? Is there some archive/backup on my box where I can possibly rummage and found them listed (no matter what the format, as far as the channel names are readable).

?!? Archive? The result comes always from the server of YouTube.

Is your account connected with your Google+ ? Have you the select both times the same account?

Provide a debug log (wiki)
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20