• 101(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-04-26, 20:44)OurJermain Wrote: Hi I have a bug, the first second of audio is most of the time not played. So when I have a music playlist on it is really annoying. Its not a smooth experience missing every first second or so of every track (yt movie)

Im using Openelec on RP2
Not a problem of the addon. This behavior I noticed also since KODI. With Gotham everything plays fine. Nothing I can do Sad
(2015-04-26, 13:36)mattsmiw Wrote: Okay, I will have a look at it. Out of curiosity, what is the protocol used for this ? The android youtube app automatically detects my samsung TV youtube app without any configuration, so I'm wondering if there would be a way to implement the same thing in the kodi youtube app ?

Use yatse. While in android youtube click 'share ' then choose 'play on Kodi' or 'play on media center' (I can't recall the exact wording).

EDIT corrected bloody android autocorrect
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I guess you are right Bromix. Thanks for clearing it up. Sorry for the mistake. Does anyone know where i can report this or if there is an open bug for this?

Thanks Bromix! Your app is great. Love it!

Thanks byee
Bit of an odd one...

Youtube was acting up this evening and i noticed it was out of date. System was running 5.1.0 beta 12, and the latest version is 5.1.0 final

I went into the addons and tried to update it and it said "update failed"

So i uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it from the Kodi repo, same message.

Checked the error log and it says this:

Code:
22:56:18 T:140268372551424   ERROR: Copy - Failed read from file zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fplugin.video.youtube-5.1.0.zip/plugin.video.youtube/addon.xml?cache=no
22:56:18 T:140268372551424   ERROR: Could not read addon description of plugin.video.youtube

Not quite sure what that means?!
(2015-04-29, 00:01)aragorn Wrote: Bit of an odd one...

Youtube was acting up this evening and i noticed it was out of date. System was running 5.1.0 beta 12, and the latest version is 5.1.0 final

Code:
22:56:18 T:140268372551424   ERROR: Copy - Failed read from file zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fplugin.video.youtube-5.1.0.zip/plugin.video.youtube/addon.xml?cache=no
22:56:18 T:140268372551424   ERROR: Could not read addon description of plugin.video.youtube

Neither do I. I would love to help here, but I've never seen this kind of log Sad

System restarted - maybe the DNS-Cache in Mambo-Jambo?
Kodi 14.2 , Windows and Raspberry Pi 2

Youtube 5.1.0

(My) Playlists

I can't see option "Remove" with the new update to remove videos from my playlists ? Any plans to add it again?
(2015-04-29, 10:33)bromix Wrote:

Code:

Neither do I. I would love to help here, but I've never seen this kind of log Sad

I erased the youtube zips from the packages folder and restarted Kodi and then it properly redownloaded the plugin and installed it successfully.

Working again Smile

I guess its maybe partially downloaded the zip or something but then not bothered trying to redownload it because it thaught it was already there?
(2015-04-29, 19:19)JFCPM Wrote: Kodi 14.2 , Windows and Raspberry Pi 2

Youtube 5.1.0

(My) Playlists

I can't see option "Remove" with the new update to remove videos from my playlists ? Any plans to add it again?
Normally it should be there. Which skin you're using? I hope a skin couldn't limit the amount of entries because I need a lot in case of playlists.
(2015-04-29, 20:19)aragorn Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 10:33)bromix Wrote:

Code:

I erased the youtube zips from the packages folder and restarted Kodi and then it properly redownloaded the plugin and installed it successfully.

Working again Smile

I guess its maybe partially downloaded the zip or something but then not bothered trying to redownload it because it thaught it was already there?
Good to hear and thanks for the feedback Smile
Hi Bromix. I am missing the "what's trending now" when i log in. Yes the normal YouTube does that too, but could you make it so we still have access to the "what's trending now" playlist when we are logged in.
(2015-04-29, 22:39)OurJermain Wrote: Hi Bromix. I am missing the "what's trending now" when i log in. Yes the normal YouTube does that too, but could you make it so we still have access to the "what's trending now" playlist when we are logged in.
APIv3 doesn't supports that, sorry or you use most popular Smile
Yes most popular. But when im logged in i only have my own and not the one when you're not logged in, and that one has the best movies.
Hi, I really like this addon but was wondering if there was a may to group channels, for example currently I use My subscriptions but the problem is that every channels I am subscribed to is there, what I am looking for is a way to organize that more and have different categories of channels.
I don't really know how that would be called, groups, collections maybe, ideally they would be listed in the main menu with a way to decide what channels is included where (it does not need to have a gui in my case, I don't really care)
(2015-04-30, 12:31)schmurfy Wrote: Hi, I really like this addon but was wondering if there was a may to group channels, for example currently I use My subscriptions but the problem is that every channels I am subscribed to is there, what I am looking for is a way to organize that more and have different categories of channels.
I don't really know how that would be called, groups, collections maybe, ideally they would be listed in the main menu with a way to decide what channels is included where (it does not need to have a gui in my case, I don't really care)

YouTube uses 'Collections' for it on the web page. But sadly the APIv3 doesn't support collections for subscriptions. The only solution would be a local one.
I just found https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/i...il?id=5127 so I suppose having collections in the api is not going to happen any time soon, that's a great way to ensure people will scrape your website if/when they need the data...

Anyway although not ideal a local solution would be fine for me as I only really need this on my kodi install not on my computer, how hard would this be to add ? Python is not really my cup of tea but since the subscriptions page is not that usefull to me in that way I might find the motivation to look at it xD

I am not familiar with how plugins and kodi work but as a quick idea maybe having text files somewhere listing the channels name could do the job, the filename would be the title in the menu and inside would be one channel name on each line, could this be done .

Would this be a feature you could accept a pull request for ? (or can it be turned into something you would merge ?)
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20