• 105(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-07, 04:14)misc123 Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 04:02)nickr Wrote: Context menu, play from here.

Thank you for your quick answer.
However, I can only see "Play only this" " Queue video" but no "play from here" in context menu.
Also I prefer to play from the newest video every time I click into the channel.
Is it possible?
Thanks.

"Play from here" works only on playlists (not directly on "My subscriptions" or the "new uploaded videos" of a channel.

To play the "Newest video" just navigate to the channel and play the first (top most) video Wink why we need a new command/context menu/etc.? Wink
(2015-05-07, 09:32)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 04:03)jaraeez Wrote: Hey, Just installed this addon (thank you) & was wondering if there is an option to pick what quality resolution when playing (ex: 720, 480 etc) instead of having to say in the settings. I was thinking something like 'ask' then I choose.

TIA

EDIT:

I know you can "Via context menu: "Add-on settings" -> "General: Video Quality" though I was after it asking me when I click play on a vid (like the old YT plugin)

I didn't added the "ask-option" again. Is this really needed or only a question because it's missing? Smile

Na if it's a pain then no worries. Just greedy Smile would be nice as I dont always want or need 720p (data plan here & not a high limit!) - Your call - Thanks again
I am working on creating my own addon, but when I set the URL to play a video using the plugin nothing occurs.

li = xbmcgui.ListItem('ListItemName')
li.setProperty('isplayable', 'true')
url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=XXXXXXX'
li.setProperty('Video', 'true')
xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=addon_handle , url=url, listitem=li, isFolder=False)

Does the setProperty need to be set to something different besides 'Video'? Currently I am using Kodi 15.0. Is the plugin still supported in 15.0?
A debug log (wiki) after you tried to play your item could help Wink
(2015-05-07, 09:32)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 04:03)jaraeez Wrote: Hey, Just installed this addon (thank you) & was wondering if there is an option to pick what quality resolution when playing (ex: 720, 480 etc) instead of having to say in the settings. I was thinking something like 'ask' then I choose.

TIA

EDIT:

I know you can "Via context menu: "Add-on settings" -> "General: Video Quality" though I was after it asking me when I click play on a vid (like the old YT plugin)

I didn't added the "ask-option" again. Is this really needed or only a question because it's missing? Smile

Hello,

it is really needed. Youtube, by default, does not choose the best resolution available (and the quality is already bad at 1080p). Currently, The videos display only at 720p for me.

I had to upgrade the plugin this week from 4.x because of the authentication issues at youtube.

Cheers,
David
You won't get higher than 720p anyway.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-08, 14:09)bromix Wrote: A debug log (wiki) after you tried to play your item could help Wink

I apologize for not having it posted. I got it uploaded to xbmclogs here. The issue falls on line 5298 in the log.
(2015-05-09, 09:08)Naito333 Wrote:
(2015-05-08, 14:09)bromix Wrote: A debug log (wiki) after you tried to play your item could help Wink

I apologize for not having it posted. I got it uploaded to xbmclogs here. The issue falls on line 5298 in the log.
Something is off with your system. The plugin scheme isn't supported (based on the log).
Secondly the uri isn't correct. You have to remove the .tbn.

16:55:34 T:2458901312 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/.tbn?video_id=JS7GZhNb7eM
Does the plugin append the .tbn somewhere? I don't have that in the script from what I can tell.
(2015-05-09, 11:56)Naito333 Wrote: Does the plugin append the .tbn somewhere? I don't have that in the script from what I can tell.
No...that's your call Wink
I have a thread in the dev -> addon support section so I won't fill up this feed anymore. I'll keep trying to figure out where the .tbn is coming from, and if anyone is interested I will post the answer (if I find it) HERE.

Click this link to go to my thread: 226077 (thread)

Thanks for the help bromix.
If you're using this addon with Gotham or Isengard, it is possible you will get an error that you're unauthorized - just sign out and proceed with the login again.

I added for each major version of XBMC/KODI a separate API-KEY - so I have more control over the quota for each system.

Version 5.1.1~beta6 (2015-05-09)
ADD: API Key for each major version of KODI
DEL: removed old v2 API
Hello. I have tried to install the youtube addon on an MX box that has a Linux build and using xbmc. But i keep getting 'dependencies not met'. Is there a fix for this please?
(2015-05-09, 19:17)cuchulainnthebr Wrote: Hello. I have tried to install the youtube addon on an MX box that has a Linux build and using xbmc. But i keep getting 'dependencies not met'. Is there a fix for this please?

I'm focusing on Helix, are you using Frodo?
Hi bromix,
I'm writing a plugin that mimics youtube collections (although it will be a little more advanced)
The basic functionality will let you take a bunch of playlists/channels and merge them into one list of videos.
I will also add a few more complex operations/filters you could then use.

Anyway,
I was wondering if I could somehow use your plugin to get all the info I need (playlists, channel uploads, video info,etc)?
Or will it be better to just use Youtube's API directly and write everything from scratch?
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20