• 106(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-09, 21:33)SportySpice Wrote: Hi bromix,
I'm writing a plugin that mimics youtube collections (although it will be a little more advanced)
The basic functionality will let you take a bunch of playlists/channels and merge them into one list of videos.
I will also add a few more complex operations/filters you could then use.

Anyway,
I was wondering if I could somehow use your plugin to get all the info I need (playlists, channel uploads, video info,etc)?
Or will it be better to just use Youtube's API directly and write everything from scratch?
I don't think the addon would help, because the framework inside is returning already completed items for KODI. What you need is the raw API. Especially if you want to merge the result of more then one Playlist. But keep in mind that the request via the API is limited. Only 50 IDs in batch for videos, Playlist and channels and a quota per day for one API-Key. The current addon is already at 50% per day and counting.

I would suggest write your own wrapper for the collection and Playlist merging with your key and for the playback you can call this addon.
Thank you for the hard work. I was getting blank screen in subscriptions, came to read and saw you'd said sign out and back in. Works perfect, Thanks again.
(2015-05-10, 00:42)snafu21 Wrote: Thank you for the hard work. I was getting blank screen in subscriptions, came to read and saw you'd said sign out and back in. Works perfect, Thanks again.

Whew, thanks. I'm an SPMC (AFTV) user and had the same problem and this worked for me.
Bromix, First, I would like to say thanks for all your awesome work! As you know, getting YouTube to work in XBMC/KODI has had a long history of ups and downs, and full of never-ending challenges, and I've been there through all of it. You have executed & implemented this addon feature better than I've ever seen.

Version 5.1.0 worked spectacular, but I had one single issue. When clicking on Playlists (in YouTube, not Kodi), I would receive error "Channel Not Found". After uninstalling 5.1.0, which also required URL Resolver to be uninstalled, I downloaded 5.1.1 that you released today. This version worked great as well, but the "Channel Not Found" error was still received when clicking on Playlists. I've read and searched but cant find any others with this issue.

I am running "kodi-15.0-Isengard_beta1-armeabi-v7a.apk" on an AFTV.

Thanks again for your hard work Bromix, its very appreciated!
When I go to to view my playlists (I have 2) inside Kodi I get a a error "Youtube can't find channel". Everything else works fine. I've logged in/out already and that didn't help.
In both your cases I need a debug log (wiki)
Additionally you can try to deactivate the 'show channel fanart'
Starting with this update you will see with Isengard a warning if you use the old endpoints of the YouTube addon. I will remove them in a future version to clean up the code.

If you're using this addon with Gotham or Isengard, it is possible you will get an error that you're unauthorized - just sign out and proceed with the login again.

I added for each major version of XBMC/KODI a separate API-KEY - so I have more control over the quota for each system.

Version 5.1.1 (2015-05-10)
ADD: 'More...' in context menu to provide more items
ADD: show deprecation warning of old plugin calls starting with Isengard
ADD: EndPoint: 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=[URL_ENC_TEXT]'
ADD: API Key for each major version of KODI
UPD: Ukrainian (thx 2 Dukobpa3)
UPD: Russian (thx 2 BytEvil)
UPD: new second fanart
UPD: reorganized context menu
UPD: improved logging (debug only)
UPD: Improved error handling
FIX: refresh after rating a video (own playlist only)
FIX: add 'refresh' again for 'My subscriptions'
DEL: removed old v2 API
I did try Version 5.1.1 (2015-05-10) that you released today, but the "Channel Not Found" error was still received when clicking on Playlists.
Here is my debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/ps7tjmppc
Thanks again for your help!
(2015-05-10, 18:43)rwzx7 Wrote: I did try Version 5.1.1 (2015-05-10) that you released today, but the "Channel Not Found" error was still received when clicking on Playlists.
Here is my debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/ps7tjmppc
Thanks again for your help!
Couldn't fix it in 5.1.1 bit will look into it for 5.1.2 Smile
Have you tried to deactivate the setting 'show channel fanart'?
Sorry, I forgot to include this in my previous post. Yes, I have disabled "show channel fanart", and just for testing I tried disabling "show fanart" as well, neither seemed to help. This was tested on 5.1.0, 5.1.1 beta6 (2015-05-09), and 5.1.1 (2015-05-10).
(2015-05-10, 20:28)rwzx7 Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to include this in my previous post. Yes, I have disabled "show channel fanart", and just for testing I tried disabling "show fanart" as well, neither seemed to help. This was tested on 5.1.0, 5.1.1 beta6 (2015-05-09), and 5.1.1 (2015-05-10).

Okay, last thing you can test. Do you have a channel on YouTube? If not, can you create one, even if it's empty/private/invisible. Sometimes Google/YouTube has some kind of a funny logic handling there accounts with YouTube Smile
That did it! I didn't have a channel, but created one using a pc, and boom, clicking on playlists now shows my playlists perfectly. Thanks again for your help with this issue, and your continued great work on this addon.
(2015-05-11, 02:57)rwzx7 Wrote: That did it! I didn't have a channel, but created one using a pc, and boom, clicking on playlists now shows my playlists perfectly. Thanks again for your help with this issue, and your continued great work on this addon.
Thanks for your feedback. I add this to the FAQ Smile
i cant see my playlist its empty

how can i translate the addon to hebrew??
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20