• 109(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-14, 22:03)iAYMANi Wrote: When adding proxy KODI to system, YouTube App does not workHuh

Can you verify this issue, or add proxy Disable or Enable the YouTube APP directly!Nod
The addon (like most of the addons) is using the proxy of the operating system (because of the interpreter for python - so far my tests confirm this). The proxy of KODI has no influence (in my tests) on the proxy settings of the addon.
(2015-05-15, 09:26)davidjm Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if you could assist me with a little problem I noticed this morning when trying to use the addon.

The problem that I encountered is that when going into the subscriptions section to view my channels I could only see the first 50 channels out of the 63 I am subscribed to. Normally at the end of the list there is an option to go to page 2 to view the rest, however no matter which view I have tried to use that link is no longer showing.

I did try restarting xbmc and also logged out and back into the addon however this has not fixed the problem. The next page option is appearing correctly on my watch history and all other sections so it only appears to be the subscriptions area that is affected.

I am currently using the shedox skin, however I didn't have time to check if the same is happening on the default skin but I will check this when I am back home this evening.

is anyone else seeing this problem?

Edit: I forgot to mention which version of kodi I am using. I cant check at the moment but I believe it is version 14.1 and the version of the addon I remember seeing was 5.1.1
Confirmed. It seems Google has broke something again. I look into it.
(2015-05-14, 21:30)Millencolin007 Wrote: I have a feature request.
To add music videos to my kodi library I usually manually create a .strm file with the following url inside and the name of the song as filename.

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=XXXX

It would be great if you could add a feature to save a video as a .strm file so that it can be added to the (music) video library. I could then add a feature to my android remote to automatically add a video from the youtube app to kodi via the share function.
Sorry I don't see this feature coming in this addon. In another addon maybe, but this idea/workflow is for opinion to individual/personal.
(2015-05-08, 05:03)jaraeez Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 09:32)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 04:03)jaraeez Wrote: Hey, Just installed this addon (thank you) & was wondering if there is an option to pick what quality resolution when playing (ex: 720, 480 etc) instead of having to say in the settings. I was thinking something like 'ask' then I choose.

TIA

EDIT:

I know you can "Via context menu: "Add-on settings" -> "General: Video Quality" though I was after it asking me when I click play on a vid (like the old YT plugin)

I didn't added the "ask-option" again. Is this really needed or only a question because it's missing? Smile

Na if it's a pain then no worries. Just greedy Smile would be nice as I dont always want or need 720p (data plan here & not a high limit!) - Your call - Thanks again

@bromix - Just updated to the latest & noticed that you have added the option to select 'video quality' Smile

Really appreciate that - thanks
Yeah Smile this will come for all updated addons of mine Smile you only have to enable this option (default disabled).
(2015-05-15, 09:26)davidjm Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if you could assist me with a little problem I noticed this morning when trying to use the addon.

The problem that I encountered is that when going into the subscriptions section to view my channels I could only see the first 50 channels out of the 63 I am subscribed to. Normally at the end of the list there is an option to go to page 2 to view the rest, however no matter which view I have tried to use that link is no longer showing.

I did try restarting xbmc and also logged out and back into the addon however this has not fixed the problem. The next page option is appearing correctly on my watch history and all other sections so it only appears to be the subscriptions area that is affected.

I am currently using the shedox skin, however I didn't have time to check if the same is happening on the default skin but I will check this when I am back home this evening.

is anyone else seeing this problem?

Edit: I forgot to mention which version of kodi I am using. I cant check at the moment but I believe it is version 14.1 and the version of the addon I remember seeing was 5.1.1

AHHHHH !!!! Confused Google/YouTube broke their own API. The API isn't returning the token for next page (but telling me that there are more results). Awesome. Without it I can't navigate to the next page. We will have to wait till Google/YouTube fixes this bug.
A little update - some small fixes.

Changelog:

Version 5.1.2 (2015-05-15)
ADD: ask for video quality (optional)
UPD: code cleaning
UPD: Russian (thx 2 BytEvil)
UPD: kodion
FIX: add 'Play all' for playlist (again)

Select video quality
(2015-05-13, 00:45)ssmodk Wrote: It works absolutely fine under 14.2. No bugs at all. It's just when I try to use it under 15.0 beta 1.
I have the same problem, update to 15.0 beta1 and the youtube freezes randomly and crashes kodi.
Revert back to 14.2 all fine, same plugin and same youtube movie Huh
And yet you produce no logs. Why?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
the logs don't show any error
Why not post the log and let others be the judge of what it says. Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi

Certainly stupid question but how can I search video (with keywords), I can see "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=[URL_ENC_TEXT]" in your changelog but I don't know how can I use with JSON,which methods.

Thx for your help
(2015-05-15, 23:46)yallah Wrote: Hi

Certainly stupid question but how can I search video (with keywords), I can see "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=[URL_ENC_TEXT]" in your changelog but I don't know how can I use with JSON,which methods.

Thx for your help
What do you mean with JSON? I don't understand what you want to accomplish.
kodi log
debug log
same video on both logs
(2015-05-15, 23:51)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 23:46)yallah Wrote: Hi

Thx for your help
What do you mean with JSON? I don't understand what you want to accomplish.

By example if I send JSON command to open video, I can use that syntax ;{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=c_gEiU_FDxQ"}}}, it's working perfectly.
But I want know how can I use that command : plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=[URL_ENC_TEXT]

I want search all videos associate to my keywords
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20