• 111(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-17, 02:30)bromix Wrote: Try Force refresh.
no button force update Sad
OpenElenc / Kodi 14.2

https://yadi.sk/i/L2pHytjBggFg8

upd.
Plugin updated to 5.1.3 in the usual way! I did not realize that it could have been.
Yeah Smile
Hello ,

i have some problems with the plugin.
not all my susbscription showing and i do not have any "next page" icon

same thing for my playlists, only two showing (my two private ones) not the public ones i recorded

any hint ?

thank you
(2015-05-17, 12:38)cid0u Wrote: Hello ,

i have some problems with the plugin.
not all my susbscription showing and i do not have any "next page" icon

same thing for my playlists, only two showing (my two private ones) not the public ones i recorded

any hint ?

thank you
Read some posts back...the next page bug is a problem located by Google. For the other problem...have you tried to logout and sign in again (see change log and post in this thread) starting with 5.1.1 each version of KODI has its own API key.

Also see the links on the first page...there is explained why saved/liked playlists don't work Wink
ok thank you very much, i'll try to log in again.
very helpful plugin anyway thank you
(2015-05-16, 19:56)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 19:55)spinmaster Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 10:32)bromix Wrote: Watching live videos should work. But to find them via the API is complicated. Google missed to provide proper calls to retrieve live events.

I have a question which is a bit related to that too: is it possible to open up specific videos based on the YouTube identifier (e.g. watch?v=abcdefgh)? Similar to the previous user I want to watch occasional livestreams from a certain YouTube channel, but these livestreams do not show up in the "regular" channel. If that would be the case, they could be viewed from the addon (search for YouTube username -> switch to channel mode).

Is there any way I can search for a video based on the YouTube identifier?

You can just enter the ID of the video in the search.

Does not work for me... Confused Either I'm doing something wrong, or it's a misunderstanding.

Example: I want to watch (=search for) the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t475nxDXElE (let's assume that this would be a unique livestream which does not show up as a regular posted video in a channel).

Now when I use the video ID in my search:

I get an empty search result:

By looking at your endpoints page on GitHub, it looks to me as if the VID for a search query is just used as a simple string to find videos based on title, description, tags, etc. - but it does not try to match the ID of a video.

Am I doing something wrong here?
I've don't searches via the ID of a video and its most of the time working. Seems you found an exception Smile
(2015-05-17, 13:17)bromix Wrote: I've don't searches via the ID of a video and its most of the time working. Seems you found an exception Smile

I don't think it's one exception... Undecided I tried like 10 different ID searches from different channels and 9 out of 10 did not show up in the result list. I don't really understand the logic behind this as I thought that each and every ID on YouTube is unique and thus must show up in the result list.

Do you know why this is the case? As I don't know the code from your plugin: are you trying to make a match of the ID based on the users input search string?
(2015-05-17, 13:49)spinmaster Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 13:17)bromix Wrote: I've don't searches via the ID of a video and its most of the time working. Seems you found an exception Smile

I don't think it's one exception... Undecided I tried like 10 different ID searches from different channels and 9 out of 10 did not show up in the result list. I don't really understand the logic behind this as I thought that each and every ID on YouTube is unique and thus must show up in the result list.

Do you know why this is the case? As I don't know the code from your plugin: are you trying to make a match of the ID based on the users input search string?

No - nothing special I have to do!...I use the API of Google/YouTube...it's even working for me on the web-page.
(2015-05-17, 13:54)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 13:49)spinmaster Wrote:

No - nothing special I have to do!...I use the API of Google/YouTube...it's even working for me on the web-page.

Yupp ... it works on youtube.com - but unfortunately not in the add-on Sad So something must be different somewhere ... Is there any way you can "debug" an empty search result and see if the query returns more information than just "nothing found"?

Anyway, thanks for helping out.
The problem seems to be your settings...I've no problem finding the live stream. Are you logged in...have you set the correct language settings at the beginning?

Sorry if I missed something but what happened to the pairing feature others mentioned previously?

I don't see an option to configure it in the settings and I believe I'm on the latest version.

I love this plugin and it would be perfect for me if I could pair it within the android youtube app
(2015-05-17, 18:23)seaweeduk Wrote: Sorry if I missed something but what happened to the pairing feature others mentioned previously?

I don't see an option to configure it in the settings and I believe I'm on the latest version.

I love this plugin and it would be perfect for me if I could pair it within the android youtube app
Pairing won't come for this addon. Has to be a separate service. But you can use Yatse or Kore.
(2015-05-17, 09:14)serj-47 Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 02:30)bromix Wrote: Try Force refresh.
no button force update Sad
OpenElenc / Kodi 14.2

https://yadi.sk/i/L2pHytjBggFg8

upd.
Plugin updated to 5.1.3 in the usual way! I did not realize that it could have been.
Mine updated fine after a few hours. Just a slower mirror I guess.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah Smile better late then never. Didn't know that there could be such a delay.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20