• 112(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-18, 00:30)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 18:23)seaweeduk Wrote: Sorry if I missed something but what happened to the pairing feature others mentioned previously?

I don't see an option to configure it in the settings and I believe I'm on the latest version.

I love this plugin and it would be perfect for me if I could pair it within the android youtube app
Pairing won't come for this addon. Has to be a separate service. But you can use Yatse or Kore.

Is it theoretically possible with a separate kodi service or does it need to be an external program?
I'm genuinely not sure if this is a Youtube addon problem or something to do with the Kodi for Windows DVDPlayer, but at the moment, if I start watching a video on Youtube when I first start up Kodi for Windows, the video invariably freezes and the UI hangs. I'll typically get a warning about buffering. Sometimes I'll be able to eventually get control back by just waiting, but usually I have to force the application to shut down entirely. Trouble is, I don't see anything in the log that even appears to note the crash.

http://pastebin.com/eb4NMjnr
Update: Definitely appears to be an Isengard issue. I'm playing the same video in 14.2 and have none of the same problems.
Live stream fails to play.
According to log, it resolves the address, finds the right URL..

Windows Full log, works as a .strm file but not when I call plugin directly in the url.
http://pastebin.com/yRZaM06Y

url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=FlHfMh-mkqs'
xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=addon_handle, url=url, listitem=li)

Is there a specific way to call the plugin for live streams?

I also see on the issue tracker: Live streams doesn't work - https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...issues/149

It works on Windows for me, but not on Android(Amazon Fire Stick)

edit: Changed to full log
edit2: is this a problem with kodi?
(2015-05-18, 05:03)sansari Wrote: Live stream fails to play.
According to log, it resolves the address, finds the right URL..

Windows Full log, works as a .strm file but not when I call plugin directly in the url.
http://pastebin.com/yRZaM06Y

url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=FlHfMh-mkqs'
xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=addon_handle, url=url, listitem=li)

Is there a specific way to call the plugin for live streams?

I also see on the issue tracker: Live streams doesn't work - https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...issues/149

It works on Windows for me, but not on Android(Amazon Fire Stick)

edit: Changed to full log
edit2: is this a problem with kodi?
Problem of KODI.....Google uses TS-Streams for live events and it seems only ffmpeg for windows supports them. Maybe ffmpeg is missing a compiler flag on the other systems to support TS. I know ffmpeg a little from work and it isn't that easy Smile
(2015-05-18, 01:37)seaweeduk Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 00:30)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 18:23)seaweeduk Wrote: Sorry if I missed something but what happened to the pairing feature others mentioned previously?

I don't see an option to configure it in the settings and I believe I'm on the latest version.

I love this plugin and it would be perfect for me if I could pair it within the android youtube app
Pairing won't come for this addon. Has to be a separate service. But you can use Yatse or Kore.

Is it theoretically possible with a separate kodi service or does it need to be an external program?
If a service could listen on a port and Google/Server URL. In my tests all commands go to server before reaching the paired the device. The protocol isn't easy and only for hardware distributors (like TV). So someone would have to reverse engenier the protocol. Something I haven't the time for Smile
(2015-05-18, 03:24)natethomas Wrote: Update: Definitely appears to be an Isengard issue. I'm playing the same video in 14.2 and have none of the same problems.
I have similar reports on a German forum for addons of a German tv channel (RTL NOW). No playback with Isengard but working playback with Helix.

You can try to test the following:
1.) deactivate the auto-remove from the watch later list
2.) enable 'always asks for video quality' so you can select another stream for playback - to see if it's (maybe) ffmpeg related.
Hi,

I've had nothing but issues since the latest update. I used to have occasional failures to play, now since the last update I've watched about 2 videos successfully on Kodi.

It actually took me about a dozen tries to do the double login, it would just fail while I was trying to get the 2nd code.

Now I have failures starting at opening the main list (sometimes it just errors and dumps back out) getting a sublist (like My Subscriptions) or playing a video.

I just turned on debugging and tried to access My Subscriptions with it erroring out both times. I hope this is helpful.

http://pastebin.com/kaaxgvYU
You're logged in but somehow HTTPs isn't working. Did you update your OpenELEC in the last few days?

Can you try to restart you system...

You have to following error:
Name or service not known

This means you system isn't able to resolve the URL. Somehow your DNS isn't right.
thanks I didn't see that. I'll play around with the network settings and see whats up.

I did a fresh reboot just before this log.
(2015-05-18, 16:46)yugami Wrote: thanks I didn't see that. I'll play around with the network settings and see whats up.

I did a fresh reboot just before this log.

I had some quite similar case a few month back - the problem was the router (some sort of mixed Router/TV-Box)...after restarting the box everything was working again. Keep me informed Smile
Thats just odd. Everything looked right so I just switched it from DHCP to manual. All the same information - now everything works without issue.
(2015-05-18, 16:49)yugami Wrote: Thats just odd. Everything looked right so I just switched it from DHCP to manual. All the same information - now everything works without issue.

okay....some network hiccup Smile
I guess it doesn't have to make any sense as long as it works. I've been fighting with this for weeks now - I had come to love watching youtube videos on the TV.

Thanks.
Hi Bromix, recently I have encountered some navigation issues. For instance, when I select "subscriptions", I'm greeted with a dialogue box titled 'exception in contentprovider', which prompts the text: unknown kind "

I am still on XBMC 13.2, so maybe that's the issue? (have been regardlessly updating YouTube)

Sending any video from another device using Yatse still works flawlessly, however!

Am I even still able to use YouTube on Gotham? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and update to Helix 14.2?

TIA,
WeirdH
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20