• 118(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-25, 17:35)dread2689 Wrote: I recently update my youtube to 5.1.4 beta1 but I can't open the addon anymore, its been giving me script error. If anyone have any solution please let me know.
debug log (wiki)
(2015-05-25, 17:52)gessi Wrote: Can someone tell me if I can setup my Android Youtube App to pair with the Kodi Addon so I can choose my Kodi as casting target (same as for a Chromecast) from within the Youtube Android App?

I would like to search for Youtube content on my phone but play those from within Kodi!?
Sorry not possible.
(2015-05-25, 16:27)rodalpho Wrote: So here's the deal, after a bit of investigation. I have a main google+ page (with my real name) and then a youtube login, call it JumpingJacks. The youtube login was not linked to google+, and there's no way to set a birthday.

So I tried linking the youtube login to google+ (which I had been avoiding doing as much as possible!), and it created a new google+ page called +JumpingJacks. There's no place to set a birthday anywhere in that google+ page, it's a "business" page, I guess? Designed only for youtube.

Now when I go to youtube.com/activate, it lets me choose between using my main google+ account and +JumpingJacks. But only +JumpingJacks has all my subscriptions, playlists, etc, so I can't switch. So I need +JumpingJacks to work, somehow. When I disconnect google+ it only offers my main google account to link, which has all the subscriptions/etc again, but won't let me watch that mature content.

I did set my birthday to 1970 in my real google+ page-- which is my active google login-- and that didn't work.

Really bizarre problem. It's not the end of the world if I can't watch mature content on youtube, I've been using it for years and this is the first time that error has popped up. But it really is crazy how Google set this up.
You have to connect your G+ with YouTube.
Yes, I tried that. It didn't work, as described in my post.

If you're saying I need to connect my main google+ page, which is not what Youtube decided to connect to, then I would need to move over all my subscriptions, which can only be done manually. I suspect that is the real answer and yeah, screw that.
(2015-05-25, 17:52)gessi Wrote: Can someone tell me if I can setup my Android Youtube App to pair with the Kodi Addon so I can choose my Kodi as casting target (same as for a Chromecast) from within the Youtube Android App?

I would like to search for Youtube content on my phone but play those from within Kodi!?

This can be easily done with Yatse (a remote app for Kodi)

1) Install Yatse on your Phone and configure it as your Kodi remote.

2) Launch Kodi, and then start Yatse on your phone and make sure that the control is working properly.

3) Open YouTube app and search as you normally would.

4) On the video you want to cast, touch 3 dots >> Share >> Play on MediaCenter and you are done.
Small update.

You will have to re-login. Someone hijacked the API-KEY for some strange trailer searches likes this:
Code:
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=snippet&type=video&maxResults=5&q=Ex+Machina+%282015%29+trailer&key=********

The search was always for currently available movies and games. The result was restricted to only the first 5 results and had always the same syntax:
"[NAME] ([YEAR]) trailer"

I would avoid this, but the search costs 20% every day of the API-quota (over 10 Mio. requests). An the weekend the API was almost shutdown. Thanks goes to the guy for this awesome peace of work for searching trailers.

Version 5.1.4 (2015-05-26)
ADD: Frodo support (only if you install via zip or bromix repo)
UPD: new API-KEY - thanks to the guy for hijacking the key for trailer searches
UPD: UPD: Russian (thx 2 BytEvil)
FIX: cache wasn't working correctly without login
I've searched the thread but have only been able to find an answer regarding "my subscriptions"

I subscribe to a lot of channels (around 100), but when I go to "SUBSCRIPTIONS" I only get to the M's of my list of subscribed channels. Is this another limit of the new API?
Total noob here. Since the last update I have been getting the Exceptions in ContentProvider window stating Unknown kind " in most of the selections.
If I try to do a search I get an "Invalid Credentials" popup.
I've tried logging out and logging back in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in.

I am using OpenElec 5.0.8 (Kodi 14.2 Helix) for RP2.

Edit:
Disregard this idiotic post by an idiot! I was logged into my work corporate google account when I went to activate and it doesn't allow youtube.
Logging in with MY Google account fixed the issue.
(2015-05-27, 09:14)mentat001 Wrote: Total noob here. Since the last update I have been getting the Exceptions in ContentProvider window stating Unknown kind " in most of the selections.
I've tried logging out and logging back in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in.

Sign out and sign in again should do the trick. If not, delete the addon-data folder and re-login after that.
Sorry for the re-login, but someone is misusing the old API-KEY so I had to generate a new one.
(2015-05-27, 09:30)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 09:14)mentat001 Wrote: Total noob here. Since the last update I have been getting the Exceptions in ContentProvider window stating Unknown kind " in most of the selections.

Sign out and sign in again should do the trick. If not, delete the addon-data folder and re-login after that.
Sorry for the re-login, but someone is misusing the old API-KEY so I had to generate a new one.

I edited my earlier post. The problem was MY fault. I was logged into the wrong account when I went to activate.
Sorry, and thanks for the reply.
Constant script errors.

Unable to sign in - goes to Google account for verification. Starts to verify, accepts then goes back to app after 10-15sec script error.

Uninstalled, removed add-on data and reinstalled.

Same issue. Script error after script error.

Doing anything else gives content provider exception.

Very frustrating.
(2015-05-27, 11:23)scrag Wrote: Constant script errors.

Unable to sign in - goes to Google account for verification. Starts to verify, accepts then goes back to app after 10-15sec script error.

Uninstalled, removed add-on data and reinstalled.

Same issue. Script error after script error.

Doing anything else gives content provider exception.

Very frustrating.

It's very frustrating without a debug log (wiki) for me, so I or someone else can help Wink
Apologies. Here you go:

http://xbmclogs.com/p6yceowok

Thanks bromix
(2015-05-27, 12:47)scrag Wrote: Apologies. Here you go:

http://xbmclogs.com/p6yceowok

Thanks bromix

Your KODI seems to be missing ssl support which we need to use the YouTube API via https. Please recompile your KODI with ssl support or find a fitting (already compiled) version of KODI. This wouldn't be the first time we see this kind of behavior and missing support.
(2015-05-27, 12:58)bromix Wrote: Your KODI seems to be missing ssl support which we need to use the YouTube API via https. Please recompile your KODI with ssl support or find a fitting (already compiled) version of KODI. This wouldn't be the first time we see this kind of behavior and missing support.

Hmmm. I'm running OSMC RC3.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20