• 120(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hi!

I have an MK808B Plus device and

xbmc 13.4 - XBMC(0) git:20141214 - db065 (compiled: dec 16 2014)
Android 4.4.2
Built number 109k4

I have a youtube plugin 4.4.10.
And my problem is, if I want to do anything within youtube in xbmc, it always direct me to youtube device support. (youtube.com/devicesupport)

I guess I need to install a newer xbmc or youtube, right?

Could you direct me to the right direction, please.

Many thanks in advance!

Robert
(2015-05-29, 09:48)illesrobi Wrote: Hi!

Android 4.4.2
Built number 109k4

And my problem is, if I want to do anything within youtube in xbmc, it always direct me to youtube device support. (youtube.com/devicesupport)

Many thanks in advance!

Robert

Wrong thread, wrong addon...sorry...this is for the 5.X.X

This is the thread you're searching for => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79487
but the development for 4.4.X.X is discontinued I think, because of API changes on the side of Google/YouTube.

You can install the YouTube addon via my repo for Gotham, because the official update to 5.X.X is only available starting with KODI 14.X (Helix)
(2015-05-29, 09:51)bromix Wrote:

Android 4.4.2
Built number 109k4

Many thanks in advance!

Robert

This is the thread you're searching for => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79487
but the development for 4.4.X.X is discontinued I think, because of API changes on the side of Google/YouTube.

You can install the YouTube addon via my repo for Gotham, because the official update to 5.X.X is only available starting with KODI 14.X (Helix)

Should not I install the latest xbmc first then? After that I should install the latest youtube plugin for it. Right?
I guess the latest xbmc runs on my android 4.4.2. Could you point me where can I install the latest xbmc?
Could not it be done in google playstore, perhaps?

THX!
(2015-05-29, 11:02)illesrobi Wrote:
(2015-05-29, 09:51)bromix Wrote:

Android 4.4.2
Built number 109k4

Many thanks in advance!

Robert

Should not I install the latest xbmc first then? After that I should install the latest youtube plugin for it. Right?
I guess the latest xbmc runs on my android 4.4.2. Could you point me where can I install the latest xbmc?
Could not it be done in google playstore, perhaps?

THX!

If you Update to KODI 14.2 (Helix) YouTube should automatically update to 5.X.X Smile
THX BROMIX a lot!

Finally I installed the latest XBMC. It is such a cool app. Thanks for it.

You said it should automatically update the youtube plugin. Unfortunately it have not done so. So I uninstalled the youtube plugin, and installed it again, but it again offered the old 4.4.10 version... Sad

Now I would like to install the latest youtube, but I could not find only the old 4.4.10 version on my xbmc installation...

When I am following this guide (Settings - Add-ons Get add-ons Kodi/XBMC add-on repository Video Add-ons BestOfYoutube.com Install )

I do not have the kodi/xbmc addon repository - option in the menu.

I have three other options instead: all addons , xbmc.org addons , xbmc.org pvr addons...

None of these options have the latest youtube, unfortunately....

So sorry for asking again, but please give me some help. Smile

Rob

p.s. maybe it is an old database installed on my device?
(2015-05-29, 11:51)illesrobi Wrote: THX BROMIX a lot!

Finally I installed the latest XBMC. It is such a cool app. Thanks for it.

You said it should automatically update the youtube plugin. Unfortunately it have not done so. So I uninstalled the youtube plugin, and installed it again, but it again offered the old 4.4.10 version... Sad

Now I would like to install the latest youtube, but I could not find only the old 4.4.10 version on my xbmc installation...

When I am following this guide (Settings - Add-ons Get add-ons Kodi/XBMC add-on repository Video Add-ons BestOfYoutube.com Install )

I do not have the kodi/xbmc addon repository - option in the menu.

I have three other options instead: all addons , xbmc.org addons , xbmc.org pvr addons...

None of these options have the latest youtube, unfortunately....

So sorry for asking again, but please give me some help. Smile

Rob

p.s. maybe it is an old database installed on my device?

If you have installed 14.2 (Helix) the repository should update it self. Maybe you must trigger the update manually (force refresh in the context menu of the repository).
COOL! It finally works!! Thanks for your help!
Rob
My last question.

Even if I set the resolution in the configuration of the youtube plugin to 1080p, it always sets the videos to 720p, and can not choose above. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps....

My screen resolution is 1080p.

THX
YouTube does not send 1080p video without DASH support. Kodi does not have DASH support. You are limited to 720p.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-29, 13:18)nickr Wrote: YouTube does not send 1080p video without DASH support. Kodi does not have DASH support. You are limited to 720p.

Confused

It is sad. THX
Hey guys,

I just installed this new Youtube on my Chromebox because the 4.x.x version simply doesn't work anymore.

I am using Kodi 13.2 and I have followed the instructions to install this but I am having issues that some others are having but I can't seem to fix it. When I open Youtube, I can do searches but everything else says Exception in ContentProvider Unknown Kind ". I tried signing in and out but that didn't do anything for me. I am using an old Google account to activate the app, if that matters. I know that it was suggested to delete an addon folder but I don't know how to do that. I've made it as far as connecting to my Chromebox via Putty and authentified but that's where it ends. I'm not sure what the proper commands are to complete this option and I can't seem to find any info about it on Google or the forums.

Could someone please post the exact lines that I must insert in Putty to fix this error or perhaps tell me how to fix it in another way?

Thanks,
Notadouche
(2015-05-29, 22:16)notadouche Wrote: Hey guys,

I just installed this new Youtube on my Chromebox because the 4.x.x version simply doesn't work anymore.

I am using Kodi 13.2 and I have followed the instructions to install this but I am having issues that some others are having but I can't seem to fix it. When I open Youtube, I can do searches but everything else says Exception in ContentProvider Unknown Kind ". I tried signing in and out but that didn't do anything for me. I am using an old Google account to activate the app, if that matters. I know that it was suggested to delete an addon folder but I don't know how to do that. I've made it as far as connecting to my Chromebox via Putty and authentified but that's where it ends. I'm not sure what the proper commands are to complete this option and I can't seem to find any info about it on Google or the forums.

Could someone please post the exact lines that I must insert in Putty to fix this error or perhaps tell me how to fix it in another way?

Thanks,
Notadouche
Debug log (wiki) Connect your G+ account with YouTube. Create at least one channel.
for the subscriptions for me it just show partial list of all my subscription without next page or anything to continue on.
can you please fix this problem. thanks a lot
the addon is not working well for me either.

Cant seem to access any of My Subscriptions

And everything else that I click on, for eg, Playlists, liked videos etc etc comes back saying "Youtube Unauthorized"

anybody else having this issue ?
(2015-05-30, 15:54)r1hari Wrote: the addon is not working well for me either.

Cant seem to access any of My Subscriptions

And everything else that I click on, for eg, Playlists, liked videos etc etc comes back saying "Youtube Unauthorized"

anybody else having this issue ?
Sign out and sign in again.
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20