• 131(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hi there,

I have a problem and I am not able to solve it on my own though I have been looking for a solution for days/weeks now.

When I switch between different videos (720p) from the search results or try to forward in the video kodi very very often freezes so I have to kill the process. I found out that the intervall of these occurences strongly depends on which resolution I chose in the addon-settings. When I switch to 720p I can hardly switch more than one time and kodi crashes. I have never had this problem after switching to 240p so far. But that is no appropriate solution for me.

I logged both cases and noticed that there was a warning that came up in the 720p-case and that was not thrown in the 240p-case.

I pasted the warning here:
19:06:30 T:2739926048 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
19:06:30 T:2968241184 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

To read the full log files see the links in the remarks.

Remarks:
- "kodi1.log": log-file from 720p-case. In this case I had to kill kodi.
- "kodi2.log": log-file using 240p. In this case everything went fine.
- Hardware: Odroid U3
- Linux-Version 3.8.13.30
- Kodi-Version: 14.2-BETA2 Git:2015-02-18-765bc88-dirty Media Center Kodi
- YouTube-Addon-Version: 5.1.6
- 1080p is even worse
- Seems as if there is some kind of buffering problem or a problem with deleting the buffer
- The freezing occurs independingly on whether I
a) switch harware acceleration in the kodi-settings on or off
b) change the cache size in the addon-settings (low up to 20MB)
c) switch to using a different player in the addon-settings

I know that some people have the same or similar problems.

Can you or someone else give me advice and tell how to solve this problem?

Kind regards from Hamburg
ZaK
(2015-06-26, 20:11)_ZaK_ Wrote: Hi there,

I have a problem and I am not able to solve it on my own though I have been looking for a solution for days/weeks now.

When I switch between different videos (720p) from the search results or try to forward in the video kodi very very often freezes so I have to kill the process. I found out that the intervall of these occurences strongly depends on which resolution I chose in the addon-settings. When I switch to 720p I can hardly switch more than one time and kodi crashes. I have never had this problem after switching to 240p so far. But that is no appropriate solution for me.

I logged both cases and noticed that there was a warning that came up in the 720p-case and that was not thrown in the 240p-case.

See here:
19:06:30 T:2739926048 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
19:06:30 T:2968241184 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Remarks:
- "kodi1.log": log-file from 720p-case. In this case I had to kill kodi.
- "kodi2.log": log-file using 240p. In this case everything went fine.
- Hardware: Odroid U3
- Linux-Version 3.8.13.30
- Kodi-Version: 14.2-BETA2 Git:2015-02-18-765bc88-dirty Media Center Kodi
- YouTube-Addon-Version: 5.1.6
- 1080p is even worse
- Seems as if there is some kind of buffering problem or a problem with deleting the buffe
- The freezing occurs independingly on whether I
a) switch harware acceleration in the kodi-settings on or off
b) change the cache size in the addon-settings (low up to 20MB)
c) switch to using a different player in the addon-settings

I know that some people have the same or similar problems.

Can you or someone else give me advice and tell how to solve this problem?

Kind regards from Hamburg
ZaK

Sorry, but 14.2 beta2 is a little bit strange to provide support for or are willing to drive with 3 wheels instead of 4?. At least update to the least stable Wink
Hi bromix,

thanks for your quick reply. I tried to update by "apt-get update" am "apt-get upgrade" and even "apt-get dist-upgrade" but the version didn't change. After I had a look at the kodi page I read that 14.2 is the recent version for "ARM"-architecture. Unfortunately I am an absolute beginner.

Can you tell me what I made wrong?

Thanks in advance!
(2015-06-26, 20:43)_ZaK_ Wrote: Hi bromix,

thanks for your quick reply. I tried to update by "apt-get update" am "apt-get upgrade" and even "apt-get dist-upgrade" but the version didn't change. After I had a look at the kodi page I read that 14.2 is the recent version for "ARM"-architecture. Unfortunately I am an absolute beginner.

Can you tell me what I made wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I mean after the upgrade-commands there is still the same beta version installed on my odroid. Meanwhile I found out that I have to remove that version first in order to install a new version. My problem is now that it seems as if I have to install a special build or have to build it on my own. But this is a little bit too high for me, I think. I already tried that. Please correct me if I am wrong. If there is no other chance to solve that problem I will probably sell the odroid again because watching youtube videos from my bed with your kodi addon is the main reason why I bought the odroid U3. If there is no other chance to get it working, please tell me and you can delete my posts to keep your thread clean. Thanks anyway :-)
Hi bromix,

Thanks for all the work you've done and are doing on this addon. I am running OpenELEC with Kodi 14.2 on a RasberryPi. Everything had been working great, but now I can't access my subscriptions. I tried signing out (seemed to work fine) but I cannot re-sign in because the sign in option does not appear on my list of available actions even though I had selected it during configuration. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
(2015-06-27, 01:32)ArkansasWatcher Wrote: Hi bromix,

Thanks for all the work you've done and are doing on this addon. I am running OpenELEC with Kodi 14.2 on a RasberryPi. Everything had been working great, but now I can't access my subscriptions. I tried signing out (seemed to work fine) but I cannot re-sign in because the sign in option does not appear on my list of available actions even though I had selected it during configuration. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

So, "Sign In" folder is enabled in the addon settings? But it not showing after the "Sign Out" ?
(2015-06-24, 17:57)PSYCHOUT Wrote: I can no longer open YouTube now ~ apparently since the update to 5.1.6 ~ I am receiving a Script Error. Kodi 14.0 won't allow uninstall. Help!

Before embarking on an investigatory log file exercise to get YouTube working again, could you please advise whether it is possible to execute a 100% UNINSTALL of YouTube 5.1.6. to enable a fresh start. I realise that this might require some manual file deletion as uninstall is not possible within the add-on and I suspect only a partial uninstall when attempted through the Maintenance Tool.
Hi,
I have an issue with the addon (5.1.6 on OpenElec Helix) when i try to browse my playlists :

"The parameter uses the code mine but it is not properly entered"

What can i do ?

Thanks
(2015-06-27, 14:51)nonob Wrote: Hi,
I have an issue with the addon (5.1.6 on OpenElec Helix) when i try to browse my playlists :

"The parameter uses the code mine but it is not properly entered"

What can i do ?

Thanks
Sign out and sign in again. Probably the user token is wrong. I changed the API key a while back.
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=[PID]

Doesn't work..
(2015-06-27, 15:42)finalmakerr Wrote: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=[PID]

Doesn't work..
Only to write "doesn't work.." doesn't work for me either Wink

Debug log (wiki) or I can't really help.
(2015-06-27, 11:00)bromix Wrote:

So, "Sign In" folder is enabled in the addon settings? But it not showing after the "Sign Out" ?

Yes, that is correct.
(2015-06-27, 21:17)ArkansasWatcher Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 11:00)bromix Wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

Can you try to delete all data in the user_data folder of the addon...just to be sure, that no false data is the problem.
(2015-06-27, 13:57)PSYCHOUT Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 17:57)PSYCHOUT Wrote: I can no longer open YouTube now ~ apparently since the update to 5.1.6 ~ I am receiving a Script Error. Kodi 14.0 won't allow uninstall. Help!

Before embarking on an investigatory log file exercise to get YouTube working again, could you please advise whether it is possible to execute a 100% UNINSTALL of YouTube 5.1.6. to enable a fresh start. I realise that this might require some manual file deletion as uninstall is not possible within the add-on and I suspect only a partial uninstall when attempted through the Maintenance Tool.

Maintenance tool is not part of kodi. AFAIK it is evil and likely buggered your system.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

I am trying to "Sign Out" since the My Subscriptions page is empty. But I get an "Login Failed" error.

I get the following logs

Code:
22:46:56 T:2644495168  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.6) on Helix (14.2) with Python 2.7.3
22:47:00 T:3007961472   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/out/
22:47:00 T:3007961472   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/out/) failed

Any idea how I can reset the plugin settings ?
Setup :
- NAS running Kodi on Ubuntu with Celeron G1840 (Haswell)
- AVR Denon AVR 3700 H
- TV Samsung UE85AU8005K
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20