• 138(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-07-12, 19:37)bromix Wrote: You've timeouts on your connection. Please check if you're haven't running any stuff that's depleting your bandwith.

Thanks for your response! My Internetconnection is fine. Is it possible that a program of kodi is doing some kind of loop, so that ressources are used?
(2015-07-12, 21:54)blindhai Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 19:37)bromix Wrote: You've timeouts on your connection. Please check if you're haven't running any stuff that's depleting your bandwith.

Thanks for your response! My Internetconnection is fine. Is it possible that a program of kodi is doing some kind of loop, so that ressources are used?
Can't tell Wink I don't know your system. Just saw the timeout while trying to load a resource from YouTube.
Coding endpoints in Favourites.xml

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Test 1" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UC-9-kyTW8ZkZNDHQJ6FgpwQ/playlist/PLFgquLnL59alW3xmYiWRaoz0oM3H17Lth/&quot;,return)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Test 2" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLFgquLnL59alW3xmYiWRaoz0oM3H17Lth&quot;,return)</favourite>
</favourites>

Test 1 - displays the playlist as should.
Test 2 - Brings up context menu to select the order of the playlist. After selecting order, the Updating Playlist popup appears and loads playlist items. However, the videos never start playing.

Is ActivateWindow the proper function to call?
(2015-07-13, 00:42)I_Terrabull Wrote: Coding endpoints in Favourites.xml

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Test 1" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UC-9-kyTW8ZkZNDHQJ6FgpwQ/playlist/PLFgquLnL59alW3xmYiWRaoz0oM3H17Lth/&quot;,return)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Test 2" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLFgquLnL59alW3xmYiWRaoz0oM3H17Lth&quot;,return)</favourite>
</favourites>

Test 1 - displays the playlist as should.
Test 2 - Brings up context menu to select the order of the playlist. After selecting order, the Updating Playlist popup appears and loads playlist items. However, the videos never start playing.

Is ActivateWindow the proper function to call?
I've no knowledge in skin development, but the calls look right to me. But how about a debug log (wiki) Wink maybe this will enlighten us Smile
(2015-07-12, 22:02)bromix Wrote: Can't tell Wink I don't know your system. Just saw the timeout while trying to load a resource from YouTube.

Thank you, i have reinstalled it now on my AFTV, and everything is working again. Thank you! Smile
720p 60fps will be played? RaspberryPI2, Openelec
(2015-07-14, 08:49)serj-47 Wrote: 720p 60fps will be played? RaspberryPI2, Openelec
Does no one uses the search for this thread?? Already answered a few days back...and no! And I will save the technical explanation this time Wink
Hi Bromix,
I have the Youtube 5.1.7~beta.3 add on version. Was trying to stream a movie located on Youtube, but it said that rtmpe stream not supported? Is it possible to fix this please? Another question is how do you clear search history in this application.
Please advise, appreciate your creating this add on for the members of the online community - goes a long way in cutting the cable tv connection.
Thanks,
Earle
(2015-07-14, 11:33)bharatchannels Wrote: Hi Bromix,
I have the Youtube 5.1.7~beta.3 add on version. Was trying to stream a movie located on Youtube, but it said that rtmpe stream not supported? Is it possible to fix this please?

RTMP is impossible...otherwise you wouldn't see the message Wink (even youtube-dl can't handle these streams, I already looked if I could adapt some routines from there).

(2015-07-14, 11:33)bharatchannels Wrote: Another question is how do you clear search history in this application.

Use the context menu in the search history...there is a clear menu item Wink
The add-on (5.1.6) stopped updating watched history for me. Previously, the videos I played with the add-on would show up in my history on youtube.com and would show as watched in my "Watch Later" playlist. I tried signing out of youtube in the add-on and signing back in, but that did not help. Anyone else having a similar problem?
(2015-07-14, 18:59)eugene_o Wrote: The add-on (5.1.6) stopped updating watched history for me. Previously, the videos I played with the add-on would show up in my history on youtube.com and would show as watched in my "Watch Later" playlist. I tried signing out of youtube in the add-on and signing back in, but that did not help. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Known bug in the YT-APIv3...I don't know why, but the playlist (watch history) is updating slow...sometimes it takes 1h...I don't know why, but Google/YouTube did a great job with the new API.
(2015-07-14, 19:01)bromix Wrote: Known bug in the YT-APIv3...I don't know why, but the playlist (watch history) is updating slow...sometimes it takes 1h...I don't know why, but Google/YouTube did a great job with the new API.
Thank you, hope it gets fixed soon. In that case, would you consider a little more intelligent "Auto-remove from Watch Later" feature? Currently, it seems to remove videos, even if I just started them. This is a problem in case of longer videos, especially when watching with "Play All".

A better way would be to follow Kodi's "playcountminimumpercent" property and delete only the ones that reached 90% or whatever the user has set. Even better would be to have a context menu option "Remove Watched" in the "Watch Later" list. Pressing that would remove all the videos Kodi considers watched.
(2015-07-14, 19:43)eugene_o Wrote:
(2015-07-14, 19:01)bromix Wrote: Known bug in the YT-APIv3...I don't know why, but the playlist (watch history) is updating slow...sometimes it takes 1h...I don't know why, but Google/YouTube did a great job with the new API.
Thank you, hope it gets fixed soon. In that case, would you consider a little more intelligent "Auto-remove from Watch Later" feature? Currently, it seems to remove videos, even if I just started them. This is a problem in case of longer videos, especially when watching with "Play All".

A better way would be to follow Kodi's "playcountminimumpercent" property and delete only the ones that reached 90% or whatever the user has set. Even better would be to have a context menu option "Remove Watched" in the "Watch Later" list. Pressing that would remove all the videos Kodi considers watched.

I agree on the context-menu, thats possible...the other one is a little bit complicated to implement, if it even works, because I have to watch the player, all states of it....and thats not worth the effort...because this would also mean, that a video should only be added to the history if you watched it about 90%, but the YouTube API adds your played video as soon as you play it....so vice versa the video will be removed from the Watched Later list Wink
Version 5.1.7 (2015-07-15)
ADD: quota optimization via separate key for none-token depended API calls
UPD: new login semantic to sign out if someone upgrades to a newer version of KODI
FIX: 'Next Page (X)' item was added to the current playlist for playback
(2015-07-06, 20:24)finalmakerr Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 10:28)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 10:06)finalmakerr Wrote: Thanks again! Here is the full debug: http://pastebin.com/bknqqLaN

There is a strange language error...can you try to update your KODI at least to 14.2, you're still using an old 14.0 RC.

Thanks again Wink

Here is another log: http://pastebin.com/MbyHXrw4

*This issue is only when trying to play a playlist from outside your addon. The issue doesn't occur when playing a single id from outside your addon.

I just tried the recent update, no avail Sad
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20