• 141(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-07-24, 01:22)codekrash Wrote: Hey bromix,

Thanks for the help, and the awesome plugin. It's working again. I guess I was only enable/disable the menu entries for signout, and not actually doing the process. Once I found the signin/signout menu options everything went well and I authorized twice with the tokens and the functionality that I wanted to use is working again.
Thanks for the feedback Smile

(2015-07-24, 01:22)codekrash Wrote: PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE increase the maximum list size from 50 so, like 5000 and leave the default untouched at 50. I know there's unknown pressure from Google Inc. , but remain strong and get some courage.

but if it's just a matter of time, respect.

God and courage has nothing to do with it! Smile The API is limited to at least 50 items per result. That's because of quota units and not wasting server resources Smile I only have 50.000.000 units per day...and I'm already optimizing because we reached at least 4 times this limit per day. So a request for 5000 items is a waste of resources and the most of the items won't be used Wink
Sorry you've to deal with it Cool Wink

Thanks for the help, and the awesome plugin. It's working again. I guess I was only enable/disable the menu entries for signout, and not actually doing the process. Once I found the signin/signout menu options everything went well and I authorized twice with the tokens and the functionality that I wanted to use is working again.

PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE increase the maximum list size from 50 so, like 5000 and leave the default untouched at 50. I know there's unknown pressure from Google Inc. , but remain strong and get some courage.

I have my own modified "fork" of this addon on which I'm able to enter my own api access tokens (via config menu OR fallback constant) and need not care about any quotas anymore.
Making the list size increase configurable is a piece of cake to implement (you just need to modify the settings.xml)
However, I guess that's a bit of a problem though for the author of this addon, since all the people use the same api access token list constants.
So the increase of the result list (50) would probably cause to exceed the daily quota quite often.

Quote:Sorry you've to deal with it
"Finding a smart solution to solve difficult issues" is what defines a good software engineer
(2015-07-24, 08:31)_moo_ Wrote:

PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE increase the maximum list size from 50 so, like 5000 and leave the default untouched at 50. I know there's unknown pressure from Google Inc. , but remain strong and get some courage.

I have my own modified "fork" of this addon on which I'm able to enter my own api access tokens (via config menu OR fallback constant) and need not care about any quotas anymore.
Making the list size increase configurable is a piece of cake to implement (you just need to modify the settings.xml)
However, I guess that's a bit of a problem though for the author of this addon, since all the people use the same api access token list constants.
So the increase of the result list (50) would probably cause to exceed the daily quota quite often.

Quote:Sorry you've to deal with it
"Finding a smart solution to solve difficult issues" is what defines a good software engineer

Ahh...yeah...and you think it's alright to change the license and remove the original author of the forked project ^^..that's what a good software designer defines...right. made my day. But thanks, that I did all the work before and now you shine in glory Wink
@codekrash use the fork of @__moo__ , I think he'll give support.
Is there a way to configure this plugin to show each subscription in its own folder?
(2015-07-24, 16:53)Ambrose Wrote: Is there a way to configure this plugin to show each subscription in its own folder?

I don't quite understand...what exactly do you mean? You can navigate the subscriptions via the Subscriptiuon (almost at the bottom of the root menu).
(2015-07-24, 16:56)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 16:53)Ambrose Wrote: Is there a way to configure this plugin to show each subscription in its own folder?

I don't quite understand...what exactly do you mean? You can navigate the subscriptions via the Subscriptiuon (almost at the bottom of the root menu).

Say I have 3 subscriptions. Right now all the content from the 3 subscriptions show up when I click subscriptions buttons. Instead, I'd like to see the list of the subscriptions first and click on one of them to get to the contents.

Example: I subscribe to "Jonathan Creek", and say "Minecraft." When I click subscriptions I'd like to get a list containing items "Jonathan Creek" and "Minecraft". When I click on one of those it would then bring up a list of the respective videos available. Hope that makes since.

Actually, I see that I can do this with the Subscriptions button. I was trying with "My Subscriptions" which displays differently. Sorry, nevermind Smile
(2015-07-24, 17:03)Ambrose Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 16:56)bromix Wrote:

Say I have 3 subscriptions. Right now all the content from the 3 subscriptions show up when I click subscriptions buttons. Instead, I'd like to see the list of the subscriptions first and click on one of them to get to the contents.

Example: I subscribe to "Jonathan Creek", and say "Minecraft." When I click subscriptions I'd like to get a list containing items "Jonathan Creek" and "Minecraft". When I click on one of those it would then bring up a list of the respective videos available. Hope that makes since.

If you only want to see updated channels (in form of new uploaded videos) that makes sense...but if you want to navigate per channel you can use subscribstions...my subscribtions shows only the new uploaded videos.

update I see you've found the menu item Wink
I read the advance setting to filter and or change the list order has been removed because people didn't use it or didn't say they wanted it. I'd like to put my vote in to re add it.
I would like to filter the list to make it show only video's over a certain length and oldest to newest.

Also I'm having a problem with the video's info showing. I don't know the real name for it. The picture preview and description, I end up having to cycle up and down a few times to unstick it and get it too change to the correct info.
I have increased the cache size to 20mb, which didn't seem to correct it.

Other than those grossly, intolerable, dysfunctional inadequacies, I love the addon J/K on the first part. I really like the addon. I get told I think I am funnier then I am, all the time.. lol
Can someone explane why the download function is gone?
(2015-07-25, 05:45)jos.vooges Wrote: Can someone explane why the download function is gone?
Read the thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@Bromix:
Is there an window property available which I can use for a check if the user is logged in?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-07-26, 09:38)sualfred Wrote: @Bromix:
Is there an window property available which I can use for a check if the user is logged in?
No there isn't Smile
Would be useful for skinners. Any plans to add it?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-07-26, 09:43)sualfred Wrote: Would be useful for skinners. Any plans to add it?

No, Addon = Content-Provider. What is your intention, especially if skinners need it, wouldn't other addons need this kind of support also?
(2015-07-25, 00:16)minipower Wrote: I read the advance setting to filter and or change the list order has been removed because people didn't use it or didn't say they wanted it. I'd like to put my vote in to re add it.
It was never there in the version 5.X.X...maybe you used an old 4.X.X? This version is a complete rewrite because of API changes by Google/YouTube.

(2015-07-25, 00:16)minipower Wrote: I would like to filter the list to make it show only video's over a certain length and oldest to newest.
In what context? Search?

(2015-07-25, 00:16)minipower Wrote: Also I'm having a problem with the video's info showing. I don't know the real name for it. The picture preview and description, I end up having to cycle up and down a few times to unstick it and get it too change to the correct info.
I have increased the cache size to 20mb, which didn't seem to correct it.
?!?! I don't follow...please provide us with a screenshot next time, so we can see what you mean Big Grin
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20