• 164(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-10-13, 04:28)nickr Wrote: For God's sake read the forum rules. Take your log and put it on a paste site.

Who do you think you are talking to, you need to adjust your attitude. A simple "hey you arent supposed to post logs here" would have been appreciated, not talking to me like I am dirt you have just stepped on.

(2015-10-13, 06:39)wyrm Wrote: And what is posted is not even a debug log. So apart from being unreadable by people who might be able to help, there is probably no useful information there to come up with a solution.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Yes sorry I am not that well up on Kodi.

http://xbmclogs.com/pvwxkmv5r

Everything is fine apart from Youtube.
(2015-10-13, 08:41)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: Who do you think you are talking to, you need to adjust your attitude. A simple "hey you arent supposed to post logs here" would have been appreciated, not talking to me like I am dirt you have just stepped on

He's probably pissed because if you would have even read even a few pages of this thread, you'd see it's a common occurrence that people adds logs into their post and are repeatedly asked to not to that.

In turn, that probably means you haven't read much to try to solve your own problem. Something that's also heavily frowned upon.

It's frustrating when other people feel that their time is more important than yours...
The first thing I did was google the error messages I was getting then when I had no luck I came here and used the search function for the error message and still didn't get any joy so I posted asking for help, I can't read 160odd pages just to see if my error message was a common one.

Don't just assume I am lazy and can't be bothered and that I just expect other people to help me based off two posts.
(2015-10-13, 15:21)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: The first thing I did was google the error messages I was getting then when I had no luck I came here and used the search function for the error message and still didn't get any joy so I posted asking for help, I can't read 160odd pages just to see if my error message was a common one.

Don't just assume I am lazy and can't be bothered and that I just expect other people to help me based off two posts.

You were quick enough to write off nickr and his 13000 posts and rep of 246. You are lazy, otherwise you would have seen that people are REPEATEDLY told Not to post parts of log files directly to their post. You have been around here more than long enough to know better.

Now from your log file we see this
PHP Code:
07:46:59 T:4428   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult plugin exited prematurely terminating
:46:59 T:5524   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
07:46:59 T:5524   ERRORCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/) failed 

Which from my quick read of this thread would suggest the problem is due to the plugin having used up its quota of API requests. So you would need to wait a while and try again. Bromix is working on a number of solutions to ease the load on YouTube's servers caused by this plugin. Either that, or maybe the skin you are using is not showing you a dialog required to correctly sign you in. Try using Confluence skin and see if that helps.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hey Bromix really appriciate whay you've done with this add-on. I was just wondering if you could help with a couple of questions - Is there a way of clearing the thumbnails that you know of? The thumbnails appear to go into the same place as library thumbnails and that makes removing them difficult. Because the video add-ons are generating thumbnails everytime you use a video add-on, the thumbnails location just seems to get bigger and bigger with no way of saving space. I just wondered if you knew of a solution to this?

The other question I was wondering is if you have any plans to add to the 'popular' section which appears to currently show around 20 videos with no way of selecting by specific genre like Film, Music, etc. Just wondering if you have any plans to make it so it has around 100 videos in the 'popular' section which is then broken down by genre, etc, with 100 or so videos in each. If this is not possible then no problem, your work on this add-on is still great. Thanks.
(2015-10-04, 18:51)wizbiii Wrote: I've got youtube music videos playing in my garage gym, automatically going through a playlist. I'd like it to display the 'now playing' info automatically for the first and last few seconds of each video like they do on tv music channels - is this possible, or could we have it in the future? Music tracks have the <songinfoduration> tag in advancedsettings.xml to display info for the first few seconds but I can't find an equivalent for videos, and that's only at the beginning of tracks.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Sorry...only basic YouTube stuff. I'll need to override the player for this kind of feature. Better use something like YouTube Music (with works on top of the YouTube addon).

(2015-10-05, 09:56)sovaby Wrote: When you turn on ipv6, each step in the addon is very slow, up to 4 minutes
I use 6to4 tunnel. And google API defines a wrong geo location
Look here is
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31519...hon-script
/etc/gai.conf does not help
Seems to be an DNS problem (timeout) also well known with ubuntu (http://askubuntu.com/questions/8704/slow-dns-resolution). I've no slowing down with IPv6.

(2015-10-07, 23:02)robinho1o Wrote: guys, need big help! how do i play video from youtube that is unlisted? or better to ask, how do i play video from the url? how and where do i enter it?
? sorry I don't understand Smile

(2015-10-08, 01:20)neandertal Wrote: I have an issue with the addon, everything works perfectly except for "My Subscriptions". I have logged in via the two times verification process and everything works fine on my youtube account like, history, playlist-favourites. liked videos, watch later etc.. but "My Subscriptions" is completely empty.. its a bit strange this.
I have 5.1.9 and its the same thing on Mac Mini Kodi and Android Box Kodi, latest of. Kodi on both.
thanks.
Try to provide a debug log (wiki)

(2015-10-14, 20:49)KingsCross Wrote: Hey Bromix really appriciate whay you've done with this add-on. I was just wondering if you could help with a couple of questions - Is there a way of clearing the thumbnails that you know of? The thumbnails appear to go into the same place as library thumbnails and that makes removing them difficult. Because the video add-ons are generating thumbnails everytime you use a video add-on, the thumbnails location just seems to get bigger and bigger with no way of saving space. I just wondered if you knew of a solution to this?
Thumbnails is KODI...stored in some kind of database/cache.

(2015-10-14, 20:49)KingsCross Wrote: The other question I was wondering is if you have any plans to add to the 'popular' section which appears to currently show around 20 videos with no way of selecting by specific genre like Film, Music, etc. Just wondering if you have any plans to make it so it has around 100 videos in the 'popular' section which is then broken down by genre, etc, with 100 or so videos in each. If this is not possible then no problem, your work on this add-on is still great. Thanks.
This is a bug in the APIv3 by YouTube/Google. The Popular right now isn't working like on the web.
(2015-10-13, 16:08)wyrm Wrote: Now from your log file we see this
PHP Code:
07:46:59 T:4428   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult plugin exited prematurely terminating
:46:59 T:5524   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
07:46:59 T:5524   ERRORCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/) failed 

Which from my quick read of this thread would suggest the problem is due to the plugin having used up its quota of API requests. So you would need to wait a while and try again. Bromix is working on a number of solutions to ease the load on YouTube's servers caused by this plugin. Either that, or maybe the skin you are using is not showing you a dialog required to correctly sign you in. Try using Confluence skin and see if that helps.

Wyrm (AppTV)
I waited days between trying and it still won't login, I've tried uninstalling it and deleting the folders the addon created, I've also tried different skins.

Seems it is a Jarvis problem.
Hi! I'm trying to play a live stream on YouTube but it fails with the OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer. Any idea about what might be wrong? I have posted the log here. Cheers, Pablo.
Lightbulb 
Hi. I hope this is the correct place to post this error. First I tried it here:
https://yatse.tv/redmine/boards/1/topics/416?r=427
But now it seems that this is a problem with the youtube-plugin and not with yatse:

Description:
Quote:I use the youtube-plugin (5.1.9 (2015-09-21)) on OpenElec 5.08 with Kodi 14.2 and yatse
When I use the plugin on TV-screen (-> Video -> Addons) and choose "New Search" I get a keyboard on my Smartphone to search for a video.
I choose a video on TV-screen and everything is fine. So this way works and I can watch the video as expected.

But when I try to use the plugin directly on the smartphone but not on TV-screen (the way via "Addons") I can also choose
the option "Search". I also get a keyboard on my smarthphone-screen to type in something ... but then nothing more happens! The results won't appear.
Neither on TV nor on the smartphone-screen. But when I choose one of the old, saved search results it works again -- THEN I can choose one of the videos on my Smartphone and it will be played on TV-Screen again. So I think this is a yatse- or youtube-plugin problem?? Maybe someone knows what to do?

Logfile from yatse: https://yatse.tv/redmine/attachments/dow.../debug.log
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

Is there a way to get the youtube addon to play "pay for" content from youtube?

I'm running addon v 5.1.9, and I'm just getting a "No video streams found" message, along with a "Playback failed" dialog box when trying to play "to pay for" content from a paid subscription channel.

http://pastebin.com/H9P2pNhE

This is the log file, but it doesn't appear to show much information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kblMTdHeK-o

This is the video I was trying to play (it does it for all videos from this channel)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIzxq-m...VZPZ8H4spg

This is the channel, which offers a two week free period, which could be used for somebody else to check the issue possibly.

I am a coder myself (although not python) so if there's anything I can do to help, or somebody could point me in a direction on how this could possibly be enabled (or tell me if it's not possible) please let me know.

Thanks for you time.

[ETA] I did add a little bit of logging to store the results of the get_video_info call. I can supply this if needed, but I don't want to post it publicly as I suspect it might have things like my login token in it.
Is it just on my setup or is it not possible to sort videos after "add date"? Running on Jarvis 16.0 alpha 4 and Aeon MQ 6 with latest Youtube version from official repo.
Any chance of 4k being an option? So far 1080p looks to be the highest setting
Neither 1080 nor 4k are possible until kodi supports DASH.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ever since I upgraded to Ubuntu 15.10, dates in the YouTube addon have been very weird. The year is either 65535 or 7080, and the day and month are wrong also. Right now, the YouTube addon thinks the latest videos in my subscriptions were last updated "07/03/7080". They were all updated 10/31/2015 or 11/01/2015.

I verified the datetime inside Kodi (the dashboard, not the YouTube addon) is completely correct, as is my computer itself. Switching around locale/region settings inside Kodi don't fix the problem. Pretty weird!

Happy to post a debug log if you need it.
I can't get it to work with Jarvis, originally (back in alpha 2 or 3) I noticed that I could no longer sort by date, I tried uninstalling the add-on and removing the userdata but then it wouldn't let me login. i just went back to using helix. Now with alpha 4 out I tried to retry, it wouldn't let me log in again so i tried uninstalling and removing userdata, now the addon doesn't seem to load at all.

I'm sorry I don't have the log atm, I'll edit my post with it later.
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20