• 172(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
MK808b Plus
Kodi 15.2 and tried latest SPMC 15.0 both have the same issue

When watching a video in the youtube addon, every few seconds it will freeze, then jump forward. I can watch 1-2 frames drop per second on the top OSD panel.

This happens at all quality levels. I have also increased the buffer in advancedsettings.xml and I can see the buffer is not running out, so it should not be a network issue.

This only happens in the Youtube addon in Kodi. Using the regular android Youtube app, playback is fine. Also videos up to 1080p played through Kodi from my fileserver over wifi are fine.

There are not a lot of options in the Youtube addon and videos play fine from the fileserver so I don't think it is an overall issue with Kodi, just the addon.

Not sure where to go from here.
(2015-11-26, 15:49)bigzdog Wrote: MK808b Plus
Kodi 15.2 and tried latest SPMC 15.0 both have the same issue

When watching a video in the youtube addon, every few seconds it will freeze, then jump forward. I can watch 1-2 frames drop per second on the top OSD panel.

This happens at all quality levels. I have also increased the buffer in advancedsettings.xml and I can see the buffer is not running out, so it should not be a network issue.

This only happens in the Youtube addon in Kodi. Using the regular android Youtube app, playback is fine. Also videos up to 1080p played through Kodi from my fileserver over wifi are fine.

There are not a lot of options in the Youtube addon and videos play fine from the fileserver so I don't think it is an overall issue with Kodi, just the addon.

Not sure where to go from here.

More interesting would be a debug_log (wiki) and the OSD of the running format, particular how much is the CPU working?...maybe the box doesn't support the format well enough (there is a difference streaming between webm and mp4 containers).
(2015-11-26, 16:15)bromix Wrote: More interesting would be a debug_log (wiki) and the OSD of the running format, particular how much is the CPU working?...maybe the box doesn't support the format well enough (there is a difference streaming between webm and mp4 containers).

Format didn't matter but you led me to look at the frame rate. Alll the videos I tested and was having trouble with on youtube were 29.97fps while my local videos were 24fps. I found a video on youtube that was 24fps and it played fine on Kodi through the addon so it does not seem to be the addon as I first thought.

I downloaded one of the 29.97fps videoss from youtube and had the same issue streaming it from my fileserver. Now I am off to troubleshoot why I stutter with source material that is 29.97fps.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction.
I got "Daily limit exceeded"

Has anyone seen this before? I can't get youtube to work
Yes, it's out of quota. There is nothing you can do about it other than post here.
I got daily limit exceeded as well. What does that actually mean? Only happened since the update. I had only watched two music videos then got that message? I have never had that happen previously even after watching hours of music videos. Thanks

Sorry searched back through the thread like I should of and found the info about the error. Cheers
Basically, it's Google's fault.

Every non-official YouTube client gets a client API key, and every call to YouTube uses a different number of API calls. Each key gets a quota of those calls per day, and when it exceeds that quota YouTube simply denies it with that error message. The YouTube addon actually has two API keys right now, that's why you needed to sign-up twice when you first installed the addon; I believe it uses one for searches and one for everything else.

So the only real mass-market solution is to make people sign up 3 or 4 times at youtube.com/activate rather than just 2. And as Kodi grows ever more popular, eventually we'll be signing up 20 times or more. It sucks. You kinda can't blame Google, because the YouTube addon doesn't play their ads, so why should they care about our convenience? But still, it sucks.

I've asked several times for the ability to use my own API key, because I don't mind editing config files and whatnot, but Bromix doesn't want to do it. And just to be clear Bromix is amazing and working for free, it's his addon and he can do whatever he chooses, has no obligation to listen to anyone, and I have zero problems with that. I'm just sayin'.
Thanks for that explanation... I previously thought less of the add-on, but now fully understand the great work Bromix has brought to Kodi.
(2015-11-28, 23:15)rodalpho Wrote: Basically, it's Google's fault.

Every non-official YouTube client gets a client API key, and every call to YouTube uses a different number of API calls. Each key gets a quota of those calls per day, and when it exceeds that quota YouTube simply denies it with that error message. The YouTube addon actually has two API keys right now, that's why you needed to sign-up twice when you first installed the addon; I believe it uses one for searches and one for everything else.

So the only real mass-market solution is to make people sign up 3 or 4 times at youtube.com/activate rather than just 2. And as Kodi grows ever more popular, eventually we'll be signing up 20 times or more. It sucks. You kinda can't blame Google, because the YouTube addon doesn't play their ads, so why should they care about our convenience? But still, it sucks.

I've asked several times for the ability to use my own API key, because I don't mind editing config files and whatnot, but Bromix doesn't want to do it. And just to be clear Bromix is amazing and working for free, it's his addon and he can do whatever he chooses, has no obligation to listen to anyone, and I have zero problems with that. I'm just sayin'.

By using "your own API key", do you mean your YouTube login information ? (on Windows)
No, everybody does that already. I was talking about signing up for my very own API key, not shared with anybody else.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/re...pplication

And actually, I thought of a better solution. Rather than eventually forcing every user to sign up dozens of times, maybe a better answer is for the YouTube addon to come with, like, a hundred API keys, and to randomly pick two out of that pool when the addon first authenticates to YouTube. Every call picks one of those two selected API keys, and if it's out of quota, tries the other one. That makes the load bearable for users and sidesteps API quota limits by spreading it out.

Then as Kodi steadily continues to grow in popularity, this method would scale linearly. Pick two out of 10k API keys, if necessary. Pretty sure that would be enough for the entire population of the planet.
I can't imagine that being within Google's t&c!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A better solution would be an *optional* API key in a new settings feature of this addon like rodalpho has indicated. Hopefully Bromix reconsiders this.
Update/Fix will roll out over the week.

• sort issues with Jarvis (thx 2 guidosarducci)
(2015-11-29, 14:45)bromix Wrote: Update/Fix will roll out over the week.

• sort issues with Jarvis (thx 2 guidosarducci)

thx 2 guidosarducci
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I'm having a minor issue. Video starts to play but the audio takes about a second to start. Often I miss the first few words of what is being said in a clip. It gets annoying. Any Ideas?
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20