• 189(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Sad 
I am still have an issue after generating my own keys. In Kodi, I only have these menu item under YouTube:
  • My Subscriptions
  • Search
  • Subscriptions
  • Sign Out
I should have several other menu item such as History, Liked Videos, Favorites, etc.
Also, when I click "Subscriptions" I get this error:
Code:
Exception In Content Provider - Unknown Kind "
However, "My Subscriptions" does show the many videos from all of my subscriptions.

Here's what I did to get here:
  1. Created a project in the developers console
  2. Enabled the YouTube Data API
  3. Generated the Browser Key and OAuth Key/Secret
  4. Backed up and Edited login_client.py under version 15 accordingly
  5. Unistalled/Reinstalled YouTube Plugin
  6. Signed In

Any idea why I am not fully operational?Sad
Thanks!
you may have to delete the addon data. somehow you still have a token somewhere thats still has old data. try signing out, then check to make sure you didn't change

Code:
'youtube-tv': {
            'system': 'All',
            'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
            'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'

Thank should stay the same as when it come out. Only change
Code:
'youtube-for-kodi-15': {
            'system': 'Isengard',
            'key': 'AIzaSyBAdxZCHbeJwnQ7dDZQJNfcaF46MdqJ24E',
            'id': '988476436049-l9sfcivj4jtm1f2ppcvvbgsli6kvtis0.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': '_BEENv-a3-egDz_QKo5pGZCK'
        },

All else fails use one of the other keys from youtube-for-kodi-XX. then when you re-sign in and use the two access keys, the first one should be for youtube-tv and the second one should be for youtube-isengard.

Least thats how I'm seeing it.

Hope that helps.
(2016-01-09, 20:47)otheym Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 09:50)TRaSH Wrote: Wow,
Your first message,
Or did you make this account only to nag ?

So you use Kodi only for watching YouTube ?
Yes, I did make this account to complain about this error that makes the plugin useless. I use You Tube formy business plus news and entertainment because I cansearch on what I want to see. I like the playlist feature also. I have tried other plugins such as cnn and pbs but they don't work so I depend on You Tube. I am not a coder so I can't fix it. After about 8 pm I have to use firefox with You tube until midnight. Is this problem fixable? If not, then I won't complain any more but find something else to use.

Try installing Helix or Jarvis. Then you might be able to get a work around with out really doing any work.

Just a thought.
what is the limitation for and why does google have it? Is it some kind of accounting thing? don't have this problem when I use You Tube with a browser. It just seems to be limited to this plugin which is why I came here to see if anyone could fix it.
It's a limitation so that they make money from ads. Since the plugin does not serve ads you get limited. Your browser has different values. Honestly, since the plugin doesn't have a author at the moment, there is nothing you can do but make the changes that are suggested in the past few (50 or more) posts. This is what we have and unfortunately till someone picks up the gauntlet of working on this plugin, it's what it is.

Sorry if I'm not helping.

Jeff
(2016-01-10, 11:30)otheym Wrote: what is the limitation for and why does google have it? Is it some kind of accounting thing? don't have this problem when I use You Tube with a browser. It just seems to be limited to this plugin which is why I came here to see if anyone could fix it.
I think message 2572 sums it up well.. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2173095
(2016-01-10, 07:19)jdf76 Wrote: you may have to delete the addon data. somehow you still have a token somewhere thats still has old data. try signing out, then check to make sure you didn't change

Code:
'youtube-tv': {
            'system': 'All',
            'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
            'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'

Thank should stay the same as when it come out. Only change
Code:
'youtube-for-kodi-15': {
            'system': 'Isengard',
            'key': 'AIzaSyBAdxZCHbeJwnQ7dDZQJNfcaF46MdqJ24E',
            'id': '988476436049-l9sfcivj4jtm1f2ppcvvbgsli6kvtis0.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': '_BEENv-a3-egDz_QKo5pGZCK'
        },

All else fails use one of the other keys from youtube-for-kodi-XX. then when you re-sign in and use the two access keys, the first one should be for youtube-tv and the second one should be for youtube-isengard.

Least thats how I'm seeing it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. Inexplicably, everything worked fine today. Maybe it needed a reboot? Whatever...I am glad to have the plugin working again. Thanks to all helpful individuals on this thread.
Good I'm glad it worked. I'm glad i could help you Wink

Thank you
Jeff
http://pastebin.com/QTtpFkuC

I'm unable to view "Subscriptions" in Kodi. When I try I see the message "Unknown kind" which seems to be pretty generic.

"My Subscriptions" works fine but sometimes I'd like to be able to dig into a specific channel.

Does anyone know the cause of this?
switch to youtube-dl to bypass the limits
(2016-01-11, 11:33)V8MEM Wrote: switch to youtube-dl to bypass the limits
Switching the plugin to use YouTube DL would be a mammoth effort.

What I do when quota strikes is use youtube on my phone and "cast" the videos to play on kodi by having yazte installed
Hi There.

It's an issue with Google's Youtube API.

Explanation of the API Failure

nickr's short and sweet to the point explanation of what is wrong

Jeff

(2016-01-11, 10:12)markius Wrote: http://pastebin.com/QTtpFkuC

I'm unable to view "Subscriptions" in Kodi. When I try I see the message "Unknown kind" which seems to be pretty generic.

"My Subscriptions" works fine but sometimes I'd like to be able to dig into a specific channel.

Does anyone know the cause of this?
Anyone planning to merge 'Recommendations' into the Youtube addon?
https://github.com/koying/plugin.video.y...d447df26f4
(2016-01-03, 19:56)rodalpho Wrote: Even though nobody else seems to have encountered the bug where dates are all 11/30/65535 or 7/03/7080, it turns out this is a bug in Kodi with Ubuntu 15.10. The bug will be fixed in Jarvis beta5.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8620
Jarvis b5 is out and indeed, the bug is fixed!
(2016-01-10, 15:30)jdf76 Wrote: It's a limitation so that they make money from ads. Since the plugin does not serve ads you get limited. Your browser has different values. Honestly, since the plugin doesn't have a author at the moment, there is nothing you can do but make the changes that are suggested in the past few (50 or more) posts. This is what we have and unfortunately till someone picks up the gauntlet of working on this plugin, it's what it is.

Sorry if I'm not helping.

Jeff

might be a stupid question, but is there any way to make a version for Kodi with ad enabled so we don't run into the quota issue? Or do these official youtube apps have to come from google/youtube. I wouldn't mind seeing ads like my browser and ipad if it means we can keep using youtube with minimal interruptions
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20