• 192(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-01-15, 22:34)gjwAudio Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 19:54)dsenseb Wrote: Just figured out how to ssh with putty. Located and opened the login_client.py file. But now im not shure how to apply that patch. Seems like i could mess things up if i do it wrong. First time using command line editing. Any advice? Thanks!

For editing kodi's config & XML files, ALWAYS use Notepad++ (standard Notepad will mess up end-of-line characters). It goes without saying (Wink) to make a backup copy of anything before making changes.

I am a Linux user, and would be using Mousepad for editing files.

Do you happen to know if Mousepad would work ok or not?
(2016-01-16, 08:03)mrsfixit Wrote: I am a Linux user, and would be using Mousepad for editing files.

Hmmm... not sure, mrsfixit. I was referencing Notepad++ in the context of Windows users.

Sorry I can't give an authoritative answer, the only Linux I know is from hacking at OpenELEC ! And as you can read in previous posts... my youtube trouble is yet unsolved Tongue.

This is a question for experienced Linux people...
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Ahh, i found a program MobaXterm that fits my needs for accessing the ext3 filesystem via ssh.
Now i'm totally not a coder but when i see uukrul's patch i think its not just editing the new keys in the login_client.py?
Its like it needs to replace info from xbmc_system_version.py and replace/edit files in login_client.py

do you have to run this code in something? sorry for the noobish questions...
(2016-01-16, 08:38)gjwAudio Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 08:03)mrsfixit Wrote: I am a Linux user, and would be using Mousepad for editing files.

Hmmm... not sure, mrsfixit. I was referencing Notepad++ in the context of Windows users.

Sorry I can't give an authoritative answer, the only Linux I know is from hacking at OpenELEC ! And as you can read in previous posts... my youtube trouble is yet unsolved Tongue.

This is a question for experienced Linux people...

Figured I'd ask anyway, nothing to lose... ;-)

I'm in the same boat as dsenseb, I'm also using a RPi. So I'll be following this thread very closely to see if he makes any progress.

It surprises me that no one has adopted this add-on yet, as it is so popular.

Waiting, and hoping, for now... :-)

Not sure about Mousepad, but Gedit works well. How are you accessing the files on the RPI? Are you inserting the SD into your linux machine or are you accessing the RPI via FTP server?
Just SSH in and use nano.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you are coming from a windows machine or Mac I would actually make those changes locally and scp them to your pi. Winscp is good for windows no idea about mac
We should add these keys as variables to settings strange it was never done would have made a lot of sense
Fugu is the mac equivalent of winscp. or go to console and do scp manually. either or.

Jeff

(2016-01-17, 00:26)JasonPell Wrote: If you are coming from a windows machine or Mac I would actually make those changes locally and scp them to your pi. Winscp is good for windows no idea about mac
scp is built into OSX
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have this problem right now. How to fix? Sad
What problem?
Hi,
I think I am in right place.
I reinstalled my kodi on amazon TV. I used a lot search youtube option which stayed in memory. Mostly there were cartoons for my 2 years old daughter. After reinstallation and restoring my kodi addons I am unable to search anything. My wife is pissed, my baby cries, I am really frustrated. Please help me guys what to do.
I get all the time message: "your request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your..."

Please help...
Ffs do some reading
your request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href/...
youtube addon says this since today, yesterday was working fine but now i'm unable to do searches or browse anything except my subscriptions list

anyone with the same problem?

kodi 15.2 isengard runing on openelec generic x64 v 6.0.0
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20