• 193(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

Thanks for this great tutorial, however using Isengard on Windows 7 and this didn't work for me, I'm still receiving unknown kind' errors Sad

Edit: Nevermind, after waiting a bit it seems to be working now Big Grin
I must ask can we expect in near future support for 1080+p videos
I doubt it, unless kodi starts supporting dash. Youtube doesn't do non dash videos above 720p

edit: fixed typo
(2016-01-17, 08:51)kikemascote Wrote: your request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href/...
youtube addon says this since today, yesterday was working fine but now i'm unable to do searches or browse anything except my subscriptions list

anyone with the same problem?

kodi 15.2 isengard runing on openelec generic x64 v 6.0.0
Ffs do some reading.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't know if anyone is actively working on implementing support in Kodi, but DASH is in ffmpeg.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237356&page=2

So there's hope-- just don't expect it tomorrow.
(2016-01-14, 04:08)rodalpho Wrote: @activoice: If it's not being developed, it will break completely sooner or later. We just have to hope that someone steps up and offers to continue developing the addon. Kodi and all these addons are completely reliant by volunteers, so we have to trust in altriusm. Usually it works out OK.

Because that turned out so well for users of the Hulu addon (which I still REALLY miss).
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

I sort of follow what you are doing up to this point but here is my question. Normally I do not log into YouTube, I either search for content I want to see, or I put certain channels in my favorites. I don't log in because among other things I don't particularly want Google tracking what I watch (I know they probably do to some extent anyway, but they can't as easily associate particular videos with me personally if I don't log in). I don't use Google for searches (not directly, anyway) for the same reason.

So my question is, is there any way to fix this that doesn't require logging into YouTube? In other words, if I just replace the keys will that be sufficient, or will YouTube then refuse to allow the addon to connect at all until I have logged in?
(2016-01-15, 21:50)gjwAudio Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 15:00)Uukrul Wrote: Try to delete your /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube and try again.

@Uukrul

I did as you suggested, but no luck with the "simple fix". Now, double sad face (SadSad).

Only hope is for Log-Gurus to spot something (here).

Thanks for help and encouragement.

I have what may be mixed news for you. When I changed to personal API keys on Kodi 15.2 on Windows, I ended up with this same problem. For some reason, switching back to the included keys (and signing back in of course) fixed that issue. I can only imagine that there's some common issue with how we both created or entered our keys since I've duplicated your OpenElec Kodi 17 issue in Kodi 15.2 on Windows.
(2016-01-03, 05:51)psydeath Wrote: I cant seem to even start the Youtube addon now. Anyone know what would cause these errors? I tried reinstalling as well.

Code:
21:20:38 T:3932  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
21:20:39 T:3932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 487, in on_root
                                                self.get_client(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 149, in get_client
                                                refresh_tokens[0])
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\login_client.py", line 131, in refresh_token_tv
                                                grant_type=grant_type)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\login_client.py", line 161, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\simple_requests\api.py", line 184, in post
                                                return _request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\simple_requests\api.py", line 155, in _request
                                                response = opener.open(request)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1222, in https_open
                                                return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1184, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:20:39 T:288   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
21:20:39 T:288   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed

I had this same (or similar) problem, and doing what this video says fixed me right up. I was lucky because searching for what the log said turned up no solutions, but my itunes also started working and both issues were caused by the same problem.

Hopefully it will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly47XAXtS6Y

Just in case the video goes away for some reason, what you do is (for Windows 7)
Control panel>network and internet>network and sharing center>internet option>connection tab>lan setting> then uncheck "use proxy server for your lan" option.
@CardcaptorRLH85

Three Cheers for P E R S I S T E N C E !!! ...or is that stuborn ?

(2016-01-19, 18:43)CardcaptorRLH85 Wrote: I have what may be mixed news for you. When I changed to personal API keys on Kodi 15.2 on Windows, I ended up with this same problem. For some reason, switching back to the included keys (and signing back in of course) fixed that issue. I can only imagine that there's some common issue with how we both created or entered our keys since I've duplicated your OpenElec Kodi 17 issue in Kodi 15.2 on Windows.

Based on your tale, I went back into the py's and checked my work. HA-HA !

Sure enough, the change to recognize kodi v17 was made to my offline files (on the desktop "work" computer), but they never got moved onto the live kodi machine Undecided Talk about late-night, cross-eyed hacking !

With the actual hacked files in place, and the sign-in redone, I also had the same old troubles - when using my personal keys. Switching over to a set that Bromix has defined did the trick for me too.

Woo-HOO ! I'm YOO-tooBIN again, and Google has an easier time of tracking my every move... Bless Their Hearts.

So thanks to YOU for tinkering and posting your success story.

Cheers
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
I sort of follow what you are doing up to this point but here is my question. Normally I do not log into YouTube, I either search for content I want to see, or I put certain channels in my favorites. I don't log in because among other things I don't particularly want Google tracking what I watch (I know they probably do to some extent anyway, but they can't as easily associate particular videos with me personally if I don't log in). I don't use Google for searches (not directly, anyway) for the same reason.

So my question is, is there any way to fix this that doesn't require logging into YouTube? In other words, if I just replace the keys will that be sufficient, or will YouTube then refuse to allow the addon to connect at all until I have logged in?
[/quote]

I'm not really sure... I'm just saying this is the way I did it... but I guess you could just do it the way I got it working, make sure that it's working correctly, then just sign out...
(2016-01-21, 19:26)activoice Wrote: I sort of follow what you are doing up to this point but here is my question. Normally I do not log into YouTube, I either search for content I want to see, or I put certain channels in my favorites. I don't log in because among other things I don't particularly want Google tracking what I watch (I know they probably do to some extent anyway, but they can't as easily associate particular videos with me personally if I don't log in). I don't use Google for searches (not directly, anyway) for the same reason.

I'm not really sure... I'm just saying this is the way I did it... but I guess you could just do it the way I got it working, make sure that it's working correctly, then just sign out...
[/quote]

Hello, I also tried to do what you do, it does work but I can't login.
Everytime I try to do the 2 steps activation, it end up with an error and me not able to login.
I can still do search, use youtube from other addons and no limit problem since I use my own API key.

Strange...
(2016-01-21, 23:01)anhstar Wrote: Hello, I also tried to do what you do, it does work but I can't login.
Everytime I try to do the 2 steps activation, it end up with an error and me not able to login.
I can still do search, use youtube from other addons and no limit problem since I use my own API key.

Strange...

Did you uninstall the youtube addon first?

I was having a similar problem where I changed my key but I still couldn't log in... that's why I have the step of uninstalling the youtube addon first... I think uninstalling deletes the data directory that it uses... This was a pain also because I had other plugins installed that rely on the youtube addon... so I couldn't uninstall the youtube addon until I uninstalled the addons that used it... (make sure you copy the login_client.py file if you are going to uninstall otherwise you have to update the keys again.
(2016-01-21, 19:26)activoice Wrote: I sort of follow what you are doing up to this point but here is my question. Normally I do not log into YouTube, I either search for content I want to see, or I put certain channels in my favorites. I don't log in because among other things I don't particularly want Google tracking what I watch (I know they probably do to some extent anyway, but they can't as easily associate particular videos with me personally if I don't log in). I don't use Google for searches (not directly, anyway) for the same reason.

[/quote]

There is an API Key you have to change

Code:
# API KEY for search and channel infos. These should work most of the time without login to safe some quota
        'youtube-for-kodi-quota': {
            'token-allowed': False,
            'system': 'All',
            'key': 'AIzaSyA7v1QOHz8Q4my5J8uGSpr0zRrntRjnMmk',
            'id': '597640352045-7um2gr1v5rgobm5bf07ebesm3er48286.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'VmyQ12KkJ_N3yegu4Y-VGCXd'
        },

I believe that would work but i'm not 100% certain.

give it a shot
bros - what is up with youtube and the daily limits. i know OP is not updating anymore, are there alternatives or a future fork on this addon in the works?
  • 193(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20