• 194(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-01-25, 05:08)loki05 Wrote: bros - what is up with youtube and the daily limits. i know OP is not updating anymore, are there alternatives or a future fork on this addon in the works?

I'd say start somewhere on this page [ Right abouts nya ] and read anything up until this period here -->.

It's been covered like 200 times. You're wasting your time by not at least taking a small peek before posting.
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

works perfectly! thanks!
I'm using the skin.shortcuts-script to edit my home menu (skin Arctic Zephyr).

I tried creating a direct shortcut to one of my youtube subscriptions but after creating it never updatesthe content and is stuck to the time of creating the shortcut. If i browse through the Youtube-addon to that subscription, it gets updated instantly.

Is this a problem with the Youtube-addon, the skin.shortcuts-script or the skin itself?
Hey,

i am using millhouse's newest open elec build on my Raspberry Pi2 (kodi 17).
I tried logging in but the auth pop up doesn't show up. Probably i just can't see it because when i try to navigate the controls are "trapped" in the invisible pop up, until i press back.

I applied the patch from Uukrul, but that doesn't change it (using my own api keys too).

I guess this isn't a problem with this addon, but with a change made in millhouse's build.

Just wanted to ask somebody to point me to the last build from him you got it working with, because i saw some people in this thread using youtube on krypton.
(2016-01-25, 17:11)CorePoint Wrote: Hey,

i am using millhouse's newest open elec build on my Raspberry Pi2 (kodi 17).
I tried logging in but the auth pop up doesn't show up. Probably i just can't see it because when i try to navigate the controls are "trapped" in the invisible pop up, until i press back.

I applied the patch from Uukrul, but that doesn't change it (using my own api keys too).

I guess this isn't a problem with this addon, but with a change made in millhouse's build.

Just wanted to ask somebody to point me to the last build from him you got it working with, because i saw some people in this thread using youtube on krypton.

I have made change with Uukrul patch, it works fine for me.

kodi 17 patched addon
(2016-01-25, 18:30)parcel Wrote: I have made change with Uukrul patch, it works fine for me.

kodi 17 patched addon

I've been trying the different workarounds and own API Keys for at least an hour, without success. I always got errors on the 2nd kodi-yt handshake code.
Uninstalling, rebooting kodi and installing from the zip file, you posted, works absolutely fine also on Kodi 15.2 Isengard

Thank you so much, and thanks to everyone involved in this solution Big Grin
Please forgive me if this has been posted before but I have done a search here as well as on google and other forums but I cannot find what I am looking for.

I am running kodi on a firestick Isenguard version.

I have two problems, the same two that is listed in this forum Activation and Daily Limit Exceeded. I see solutions to both problems here. However I do not have access to a web browser on the firestick. Is there a work around specifically for the firestick?

I can't for the life of me find a solution here or any other forums.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in advance

BTW I DID DO SOME READING
@akam001 You can use a browser on a seperate computer (or tablet or phone) signed in to the same Youtube account.
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Close KODI

Thent go to

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

youtube.com/activate

Which Developer API's do you have active? I have the YouTube v3 API active but, just having that one seems not to allow me to access my WatchLater, History, or Liked Videos playlists (oddly enough the Disliked Videos playlist shows just fine). Before I activated the YouTube v3 API, I didn't get anything from my actual account so I know that was part of the problem.
(2016-01-26, 23:47)3CupsOfCoffee Wrote: @akam001 You can use a browser on a seperate computer (or tablet or phone) signed in to the same Youtube account.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I have my laptop signed into my youtube account, it has no effect on my youtube app on my firestick.

I also tried doing the procedure posted by activoice on my laptop just for kicks because I didnt know if by some chance it might actually work but it didnt.

I dont know what else to do since my firestick does not have a web browser app.

Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...

this is the procedure i did.

Close KODI

Thent go to

Then back to Credentials

(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib​\youtube\client

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

youtube.com/activate

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is there a way to get around the "this video is not playable on this device message"? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance! Smile
(2016-01-27, 02:19)akam001 Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 23:47)3CupsOfCoffee Wrote: @akam001 You can use a browser on a seperate computer (or tablet or phone) signed in to the same Youtube account.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I have my laptop signed into my youtube account, it has no effect on my youtube app on my firestick.

I also tried doing the procedure posted by activoice on my laptop just for kicks because I didnt know if by some chance it might actually work but it didnt.

When you sign in to the YouTube addon on your Fire Stick, you should get an eight character code. When that code shows up on your screen, go to youtube.com/activate on your laptop (that's signed in to the same YouTube account). Enter the code into the box you see there. Then a new eight character code will appear in KODI. GO to youtube.com/activate on your laptop again and enter that one. Once that's done, you should be able to use YouTube completely.

Also, I recommend reinstalling the addon before trying this again since you may have damaged something while changing the API keys. If you have problems with the limit exceeded error later then you can try that fix.
(2016-01-27, 01:40)CardcaptorRLH85 Wrote: Which Developer API's do you have active? I have the YouTube v3 API active but, just having that one seems not to allow me to access my WatchLater, History, or Liked Videos playlists (oddly enough the Disliked Videos playlist shows just fine). Before I activated the YouTube v3 API, I didn't get anything from my actual account so I know that was part of the problem.

I think v3 is the only one... I haven't tried the watch later option as I don't use it...I mainly use the subscriptions to see new videos in the channels I subscribe to, and the popular videos one... Haven't seen anyone else reporting problems really...

I'm really hoping that someone picks up development of this add-on soon.
(2016-01-27, 18:58)CardcaptorRLH85 Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 02:19)akam001 Wrote:

When you sign in to the YouTube addon on your Fire Stick, you should get an eight character code. When that code shows up on your screen, go to youtube.com/activate on your laptop (that's signed in to the same YouTube account). Enter the code into the box you see there. Then a new eight character code will appear in KODI. GO to youtube.com/activate on your laptop again and enter that one. Once that's done, you should be able to use YouTube completely.

Also, I recommend reinstalling the addon before trying this again since you may have damaged something while changing the API keys. If you have problems with the limit exceeded error later then you can try that fix.

Thank You I uninstalled and reinstalled and then it worked!! I think that was my problem to begin with.
(2016-01-27, 11:47)jclayton Wrote: Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is there a way to get around the "this video is not playable on this device message"? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance! Smile

We may need more details. What device? Some vids are locked from mobile play as well due to author restrictions.
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20