• 195(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Just a heads-up for those who've followed Activoice's directions and also have enabled the YT v3 API, yet you still get the message in Kodi "API something something your project, something something Google": you need to give it a couple of minutes before your configuration works. Just be patient, go do something else for a few minutes, and then come back. Really should work.
hi, can someone give me an idea of where to look for the login file on kodibuntu? i can't seem to find it...
thanks
I've been having some issues for the last day or so, with images not being pulled in, nor descriptions. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this, or where to look? I had the issue with the stock plugin, and thought that it might be API related so I followed the instructions to put my own keys in, but I'm still having the same issue. I've also noticed that it won't show my History, Liked Videos, etc, on the main screen of the plugin, despite having been told to display them. It's like it's only barely talking to YouTube, just enough to pull my subscriptions. This is all running on Kodi 14.2, running on a Windows 7 box.

EDIT: Updated to Kodi 15.2, to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately, still the same problem.

EDIT 2: Went in to the kodi.log file, this is what I'm seeing:
Code:
09:31:00 T:1200   DEBUG: CThumbExtractor::DoWork - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=J6HsPTMnfOc
09:31:00 T:1200   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=J6HsPTMnfOc

Anyone got any ideas? I'd love to get this figured it.

EDIT 3: So, after playing with it much of the day, I decided to test it on another computer. I installed Kodi onto that machine, set up YouTube, and got it working. I then copied the files from that machine over to my HTPC, and it's working now. I still have absolutely no idea what broke, and why it continued to not work, even after deleting and reconfiguring the plugin. At this point I'm going to just assume some sort of black magic. Still, it would be nice to know what broke, and how to keep it from happening again in the future.
Hello! :-)

(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

----------------------------- 8< ---------------------------

So far so good - when trying to create these OAuth credentials I am prompted to configure the consent screen. Trying this as in just specifying some arbitrary product name like "Herr R aus B's OSMC" gives me a very crude and non-informative error message:

Quote:Ein Problem ist aufgetreten. Bitte prüfen Sie ggf. noch einmal Ihre Angaben und versuchen Sie es erneut. Falls Sie keine Angaben gemacht haben, wird sich das Problem möglicherweise von selbst lösen. In diesem Fall empfehlen wir Ihnen, etwas abzuwarten und es später noch einmal zu versuchen.

German, sorry, but that's where I am - here's the translation:

Quote:A problem occured. Please check , if necessary, once your data and try again . If you have not given any details , the problem may solve itself . In this case, we recommend that you wait a bit and later to try again

Basically telling me, there is a problem, that will eventually solve itself and disappear, therefore it doesn't seem to be necessary to explain, what the actual problem might be...

Google... Angry

So - did anybody experience something like that and found an actual solution? Big Grin

I tried all kind of product names - and even though all other fields are marked being optional I gave them reasonable values... didn't help. Google hates me Confused

Any hints from out there? I shall be very thankful! Blush

Best regards

Axel
Tried to uninstall you tube in order to patch but it wont let me?
(2016-01-31, 11:52)mikkk Wrote: Tried to uninstall you tube in order to patch but it wont let me?

Little more detail is it displaying a message like can't uninstall becuz its used by other addons? In which case you have to uninstall the other addons first..
(2016-01-31, 13:17)activoice Wrote: .... can't uninstall becuz its used by other addons? In which case you have to uninstall the other addons first..

Maybe not UNINSTALL, but just DISABLE. That's what I did when it complained to me.

Worked just fine. Did the youtube tinkering, and when it was working OK I went back and enabled the other addons.

Everybody's happy now Blush

HTH
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Hi all

If you get the error when trying to create the auth message and you originally had a googemail account before it became gmail that will be the issue. I had to go I to gmail and set it to use gmail.com not googemail com for my account before I could create the auth screen. Once that was done I got it mostly sorted.

But!

Is anyone else seeing the "my subscriptions" option returning nothing? That's to say I can see my subscriptions and browse them but the top my subscriptions (the feed list if you like) just shows the "..." option.

Anyone seen that? I updated all remaining instances of the old key/secret etc in the login script in case there was a remaining use silently failing but nothing yet. Ice not had a chance to properly debug further yet but just wondered had anyone else seen this?

Cheers
(2016-01-27, 01:40)CardcaptorRLH85 Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

Which Developer API's do you have active? I have the YouTube v3 API active but, just having that one seems not to allow me to access my WatchLater, History, or Liked Videos playlists (oddly enough the Disliked Videos playlist shows just fine). Before I activated the YouTube v3 API, I didn't get anything from my actual account so I know that was part of the problem.

Folks, I'm a newbie to this, and for others in my same boat, let me emphasize that the Activoice instructions absolutely will work BUT IT IS IMPERATIVE you pick up on what CardCaptor is saying - that is, you HAVE to enable the YouTube Data API when you are in the Google Developers Console.

If you refer back to the Activoice instructions - AFTER you get the two sets of credentials, while still in Google Developers Console, make sure you are in the API Manager, on the Overview tab. Click on Enabled APIs, and if you're new to this, the list of Enabled APIs will NOT include the YouTube Data API. So, click on Google APIs and under the YouTube heading you will find the YouTube Data API. Enable this API.

Then, it's back to the Activoice instructions!

Hope this is helpful for some of the other rookies...
Smile 
(2016-02-01, 18:35)edz2k9 Wrote: Hi all

If you get the error when trying to create the auth message and you originally had a googemail account before it became gmail that will be the issue. I had to go I to gmail and set it to use gmail.com not googemail com for my account before I could create the auth screen. Once that was done I got it mostly sorted.

Man, you made my day! thanks a lot for this hint... Worked a treat! Smile
The YouTube addon (latest revision) in Kodi was giving me random errors such as 'limit exceeded' or 'unknown kind' so I decided to uninstall/reinstall the addon before continuing to follow activoice's directions. However, I was unable to reinstall the YouTube addon and was getting an 'installation failed' error, but then was able to successfully install the YouTube addon (albeit an older version) through a Kodi program named Addon Installer. I then continued to follow activoice's instructions until I got to:

(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Then back to Credentials

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Even after enabling 'show hidden files/folders' in Windows, I do not see a folder named 'lib' in the resources folder. I then tried logging into the YouTube addon in Kodi to see if I could somehow get the addon to install the lib folder but I wasn't able to login anyways; I think due to using an older version of the YouTube addon (4.4.6nu5). I also cannot update the app to the latest revision because of the same issue that I faced earlier when trying to reinstall the latest revision.

Any clue as to where the 'lib' folder could be or how I could get it to appear so I can continue on with activoice's instructions? Thanks.
You could also try to install using the patched one that was posted in this thread a few days ago that will work up to KODI 17.

https://github.com/rasberryrabbit/plugin...master.zip

For mjne i went a step further, I downloaded this zip, unpacked it, located the login_client.py file edited it changed the API keys for KODI 15, 16, and 17 to my own. Then rezipped the entire folder. Creating my own version of the add-on and installed that overtop of what I had. Basically updated my YouTube add-on.
Hi,

Today the youtube addon stopped working for me.
For example when I try to click on "popular now" even when I'm logged out I'm getting this error:
EXCEPTION IN CONTENTPROVIDER
Unknown kind "

any ideas?

Thanks.
it's working now, I've just logged in back again - weird but glad it's working Smile
I don't get it. I'm running "YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.11", cleared all kinds of things, but still get a message about exceeding daily limit.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20