• 196(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-02-03, 02:17)SlimTrigger Wrote: Folks, I'm a newbie to this, and for others in my same boat, let me emphasize that the Activoice instructions absolutely will work BUT IT IS IMPERATIVE you pick up on what CardCaptor is saying - that is, you HAVE to enable the YouTube Data API when you are in the Google Developers Console.

If you refer back to the Activoice instructions - AFTER you get the two sets of credentials, while still in Google Developers Console, make sure you are in the API Manager, on the Overview tab. Click on Enabled APIs, and if you're new to this, the list of Enabled APIs will NOT include the YouTube Data API. So, click on Google APIs and under the YouTube heading you will find the YouTube Data API. Enable this API.

Then, it's back to the Activoice instructions!

Hope this is helpful for some of the other rookies...

BINGO! That was why it wouldn't work for me. Enabled the YouTube Data API and now it works! Thanks for the tip!!!
(2016-02-06, 20:53)xbmclinuxuser Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 02:17)SlimTrigger Wrote: Folks, I'm a newbie to this, and for others in my same boat, let me emphasize that the Activoice instructions absolutely will work BUT IT IS IMPERATIVE you pick up on what CardCaptor is saying - that is, you HAVE to enable the YouTube Data API when you are in the Google Developers Console.

If you refer back to the Activoice instructions - AFTER you get the two sets of credentials, while still in Google Developers Console, make sure you are in the API Manager, on the Overview tab. Click on Enabled APIs, and if you're new to this, the list of Enabled APIs will NOT include the YouTube Data API. So, click on Google APIs and under the YouTube heading you will find the YouTube Data API. Enable this API.

BINGO! That was why it wouldn't work for me. Enabled the YouTube Data API and now it works! Thanks for the tip!!!

Thanks I have updated my original post with these additional instructions

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213129
(2016-02-06, 21:28)activoice Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 20:53)xbmclinuxuser Wrote:

Thanks I have updated my original post with these additional instructions

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213129

Most helpful and thanks, it worked beautifully!
(2016-01-10, 04:23)jbrid Wrote: I am still have an issue after generating my own keys. In Kodi, I only have these menu item under YouTube:
  • My Subscriptions
  • Search
  • Subscriptions
  • Sign Out

Any idea why I am not fully operational?Sad
Thanks!

I had the same problem, some menu items were missing. I got it fully operational by doing this:

uninstall YoutubeMusic-Addon

Could that be a solution for you?
(2016-02-07, 11:41)marriol123343 Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 04:23)jbrid Wrote: I am still have an issue after generating my own keys. In Kodi, I only have these menu item under YouTube:
  • My Subscriptions
  • Search
  • Subscriptions
  • Sign Out

Thanks!

I had the same problem, some menu items were missing. I got it fully operational by doing this:

I've having the same problem, but I don't have that addon installed. It was working yesterday too Sad
(2016-02-07, 17:46)snesmaster40 Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 11:41)marriol123343 Wrote:
  • My Subscriptions
  • Search
  • Subscriptions
  • Sign Out

Thanks!

I've having the same problem, but I don't have that addon installed. It was working yesterday too Sad

I continue to have this problem intermittently. I also do not have the YoutubeMusic-Addon installed. I suspect that if this issue corrected itself for you, that it may return periodically like it does for me. I am still looking for a permanent solution to it, because it can be annoying.
For those that are missing menu items have you gone into the Configuration for the addon and enabled all of the folders?

Go to the youtube Addon, press I to get the Addon Information
Select Configure
Go to the Folders tab
Select the radio buttons next to each folder that you want enabled... Maybe you can try turning them off and on to see if they re-appear
(2016-02-07, 18:23)activoice Wrote: For those that are missing menu items have you gone into the Configuration for the addon and enabled all of the folders?

Go to the youtube Addon, press I to get the Addon Information
Select Configure
Go to the Folders tab
Select the radio buttons next to each folder that you want enabled... Maybe you can try turning them off and on to see if they re-appear

Sadly, it's not so easy. I tried this before, but this does not solve the problem. Must be another conflict...
(2016-02-07, 18:01)jbrid Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 17:46)snesmaster40 Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 11:41)marriol123343 Wrote: I had the same problem, some menu items were missing. I got it fully operational by doing this:

I continue to have this problem intermittently. I also do not have the YoutubeMusic-Addon installed. I suspect that if this issue corrected itself for you, that it may return periodically like it does for me. I am still looking for a permanent solution to it, because it can be annoying.

Ok, sorry guys... A had this problem for about 2 months and all I did today was uninstall YoutubeMusic and deleting some subscriptions on my YouTube-account over the broswer. After that problems were solved... This is why I thought, it could be a general solution :-(
Hi everyone,

Googled but I'm not sure if this has come up previously.

My "top watched videos" (not the real name, I know, but I'm away from my HTPC) has stopped updating as from a week or so ago. It's always the same, and logging in doesn't help. There's the Rizzo video from Grease Live on the first screen, and the one at the bottom is Ewen McGregor on Kimmel.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I'm assuming it's local to me.
Hi,

Yeasterday I did this two way verification step Youtube was working today doesn't open. Uninstall, install didn't fix anything. Uninstall completely (kept back up) and install from begging Youtube works to the point that will ask for the verification step then crash. I have restored my back so again doesn't open at all
Here is the log file with the error. http://pastebin.com/ZK84hZde . I hope to a solution. If there is not at the moment at least how to log out so that will work as a quest
7.02.2016 - Project marked for deletion.
I wasn't getting the API limit errors that other people reported, but my subscriptions were blank, searches came back with "project marked for deletion" messages, and other things came back with other errors. I think those are all related to bromix shutting down his API key for it. Changing to a new API key as described in this thread fixed searches and the "Popular on Youtube" section.

I wasn't able to sign out from the plugin, though, it just kept saying "login failed" when I tried. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't clear its settings, but eventually I found the addon_data directory and cleared out the settings from there, and then I was able to log in under my API key.

The "My Subscriptions" page is still blank, though. Everything else seems to work, and I'm successfully signed in because the "Subscriptions" page shows my subscribed channels, just the subscriptions feed is empty. No errors, just nothing there. Does that work for other people? Any suggestions?
No for me even with clean installation doesn't work with own api key. Can't log in. Restore my back up from roaming data, kodi then doesn't open at all cause I was already logged in before few days.
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Edited 02/06/16
Verify that the Youtube API is enabled

Go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled
Verify that you see YouTube Data API v3 in the list

If it is NOT in the list go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library

Click on the link for YouTube Data Api
Click on Enable API at the top

Go back to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled

Verify that YouTube Data API v3 is now in the list

End of edit 02/06/16

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

I can attest that this works.
  • 196(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20