• 197(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-02-06, 21:28)activoice Wrote: BINGO! That was why it wouldn't work for me. Enabled the YouTube Data API and now it works! Thanks for the tip!!!

Thanks I have updated my original post with these additional instructions

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213129

@activoice

Thank you again for following through and updating the procedure with clear instructions !

Tonight I too was greeted with the PROJECT MARKED FOR DELETION error message. Yikes... so going back to the google developer pages. Walking through the steps, I found the YouTube Data API v3 was not enabled for my personal key/ id/ secret combo... Uh-OH.

Some few clicks later, it was ON, the addon was re-authorized and we're back - once again - to Toob-IN !

Great sleuthing & reporting back in support of the group Nod
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
I don't know what's going on but for the last couple of days in the most "popular now" section videos don't change but are the same from top to bottom (I'm on the worldwide settings)
Hi, I'm getting an "Exception in ContentProvider", "Unknown Kind '' " error upon going to subscriptions. Also blank pages.

Am using SPMC 13.4.0 sideloaded on AFTV, but also having the problem on up to date SPMC on my tablet.

Just wandering what needs to be done in my scenario, thanks.
(2016-02-08, 00:42)naxiand Wrote: Hi,

Yeasterday I did this two way verification step Youtube was working today doesn't open. Uninstall, install didn't fix anything. Uninstall completely (kept back up) and install from begging Youtube works to the point that will ask for the verification step then crash. I have restored my back so again doesn't open at all
Here is the log file with the error. http://pastebin.com/ZK84hZde . I hope to a solution. If there is not at the moment at least how to log out so that will work as a quest

I haven't shut down or do anything to my pc came back to check today Youtube opens now..
Go figure why not yesterday.
Maybe api needs some time or it activates instantly?
(2016-02-08, 08:26)kungpowchicken Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Edited 02/06/16
Verify that the Youtube API is enabled

Go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled
Verify that you see YouTube Data API v3 in the list

If it is NOT in the list go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library

Click on the link for YouTube Data Api
Click on Enable API at the top

Go back to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled

Verify that YouTube Data API v3 is now in the list

End of edit 02/06/16

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

I can attest that this works.

me too

big thx activoiceWink
(2016-02-08, 13:30)Angry Gorilla Wrote: I don't know what's going on but for the last couple of days in the most "popular now" section videos don't change but are the same from top to bottom (I'm on the worldwide settings)

Same here, see my post on the previous page. Does yours show the same vids?

I might try deleting the cache and see what happens.
(2016-02-08, 19:23)richardb70 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 13:30)Angry Gorilla Wrote: I don't know what's going on but for the last couple of days in the most "popular now" section videos don't change but are the same from top to bottom (I'm on the worldwide settings)

Same here, see my post on the previous page. Does yours show the same vids?

I might try deleting the cache and see what happens.

I am also having the same issue. I'm stuck with Tim Tebow dressed as Rambo performing on Lip Sync Battle! Confused

I did delete the cache.sqlite & search.sqlite files from the /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion but it did not change anything. I am beginning to wonder if YouTube changed the "Popular Right Now" URL or something like that. Hopefully someone with more Python experience than I have can figure it out soon.

At least everything else seems to be working fine with my own API keys!
@moab, same here, I just checked. First vid is Tim Tebow, and if you scroll to the bottom, should be Ewen on Kimmel.

Strange that only a few of us are commenting. Maybe the "Popular Right Now" doesn't get a lot of love?
(2016-02-07, 20:39)marriol123343 Wrote: Ok, sorry guys... A had this problem for about 2 months and all I did today was uninstall YoutubeMusic and deleting some subscriptions on my YouTube-account over the broswer. After that problems were solved... This is why I thought, it could be a general solution :-(

That's alright. Helping is better than nothing Smile

(2016-02-08, 06:23)stant Wrote: I wasn't getting the API limit errors that other people reported, but my subscriptions were blank, searches came back with "project marked for deletion" messages, and other things came back with other errors. I think those are all related to bromix shutting down his API key for it. Changing to a new API key as described in this thread fixed searches and the "Popular on Youtube" section.

I wasn't able to sign out from the plugin, though, it just kept saying "login failed" when I tried. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't clear its settings, but eventually I found the addon_data directory and cleared out the settings from there, and then I was able to log in under my API key.

The "My Subscriptions" page is still blank, though. Everything else seems to work, and I'm successfully signed in because the "Subscriptions" page shows my subscribed channels, just the subscriptions feed is empty. No errors, just nothing there. Does that work for other people? Any suggestions?

Ah this fixed my problem, but my subscriptions page is populated. Did you try signing in and out again to see if it would fix itself?

For others that are unable to log out and having blank sub pages, then you need to do this:
- Make sure Kodi is closed
- Make your own Youtube API key with activoice's guide
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213129
- Go to where your Youtube settings are stored:
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube
- Delete "settings.xml"
- Start Kodi and start Youtube. The setup will appear. After that you can sign in now.

If you followed activoice's guide for your own API key then you should sign in successfully and everything will be back to normal (except for the popular right now page).
I am very happy someone discovered a Key/API resolution (for now)! I followed the directions for creating custom user keys from:

https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

From: /plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py

There are three sections for keys:

1.youtube-tv - First Key

2. youtube-for-kodi-quota - First Key

3. youtube-for-kodi-fallback- second key

4. youtube-for-kodi-15 -Third Key

I logged into the google API developer site, and created three sets of keys to use in three sections of the youtube login script. First for the TV/Quota I used the first key I created. For fallback, and Kodi version sections I created each section a new set of keys. Hopefully, creating multiple section of Keys will prevent any kind of Daily quota issues, or playback issues like I had before.
Im not very computer savvy
im running it on oplec and youtube stopped a few days a ago
i tried the api key fix but i dont understand any of it
i get the youtube message where you have to enter 2 codes but can only enter one code
then it says login failed at take me to the configuration/set up page

how do i enter the 2nd code like i had to do 6months aprox ago
where it worked fine
What's going to happen when Jarvis is released? Will the YouTube addon be removed since bromix is no longer able to support it? I'm really surprised that Google is choosing to lock out Kodi users. I would have thought them more forward thinking than this.
(2016-02-09, 00:18)richardb70 Wrote: @moab, same here, I just checked. First vid is Tim Tebow, and if you scroll to the bottom, should be Ewen on Kimmel.

Strange that only a few of us are commenting. Maybe the "Popular Right Now" doesn't get a lot of love?

I have the exact same problem here with the "Popular Right Now" area of the plugin. I checked and double-checked my API keys, and they are correct in all areas (quota and Kodi release sections) I had to modify.

Search works, subscriptions work too. I tried following the code, but Python is still in the "to learn" column.. i can read code, but it takes a long time to decipher the plugin's inner workings.

I'm guessing the URL for the "Trending" clips has changed in the recent weeks, but I can't figure out a way to fix it.. yet!

Edit: I had modified the "Youtube-tv" area with my API key, and my Subscriptions folder was empty... I reverted to the previous values and all is well now. Maybe I should generate a different key for this section??

I played for a bit with the API Explorer on the Youtube API's page to see if I could generate valid code for the "mostPopular" chart - and I got it to work.. only to discover that the list of results I get with the API Explorer is exactly the same as in Kodi! Does that mean that the plugin is working as intended, and that it's the API that does not return an updated list of videos? I'm not sure, but it certainly looks that way..

Maybe in a day or two this will work again....
I saw on Popurls.com (scroll down) that their youtube trending section has not updated either.
Finally worked. Was dns problem. And now I have daily limit use exceededHuh WTF?
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20