• 198(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
i just want my subscriptions to work
been using xbox one youtube app and it sucks
is there a way to make it behave like xbmx/kodi
it full of recommendations that i dont have an interest in
and i have to scroll horizontally to see stuff
and it never in newest first and it doesnt mark as watched

i what my xbmc/kodi addon back
how do i do this im not on windows im using a openelec verison on an sd card

(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib​\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'
(2016-02-09, 12:09)vader74 Wrote: i just want my subscriptions to work
been using xbox one youtube app and it sucks
is there a way to make it behave like xbmx/kodi
it full of recommendations that i dont have an interest in
and i have to scroll horizontally to see stuff
and it never in newest first and it doesnt mark as watched

i what my xbmc/kodi addon back

Without bromix/ another developer it's only a question of time until KODI+YouTube will be history.
(2016-02-09, 12:12)vader74 Wrote: how do i do this im not on windows im using a openelec verison on an sd card

(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib​\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

Enable SSH, remote login to your Pi, use Putty or something. Then find the Kodi addons directory (google will be your friend), it's probably /storage/.xbmc/addons/ from a quick google. Navigate down using ls and cd, then use nano to edit the python file. If all of this is mumbo jumbo then I'm sure there are better guides via google.
sound like mumbo jumbo but ill try it when not so tired
i found something the other day that opened in notepad
but didnt have a clue what to look for
I'm using SPMC 13.4.0 and changed the key, id and secret for 'youtube for kodi 13' but am now getting a script error and the add-on fails to load, what could I be doing wrong? Also, I don't see the 'Sign In' button; have tried enabling it in the options and setting it to 'true' in the settings file in the addon_data folder.

Also, is it okay to just save and copy the newly created login_py file instead of having to edit the text file every time?
(2016-02-08, 08:26)kungpowchicken Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

I can attest that this works.
To YT work I have to create a project? I am not a programmer and do not know how to program Confused
Does the project need to have a specific name for this to work?

I've tried following the links provided in the description on how to apply for a personal API key, but unfortunately I am unable to even select "Credentials" before being dumped at the Project Creation page.
... continuing the search for updated "most popular videos" on Youtube...

Turns out we're not alone in this, it seems the API is simply not returning updated results. I've found questions about this on a couple of different forums and also while searching in the Youtube-v3-Api tags on Stack Overflow.

I guess we'll have to be patient, and hope nothing else breaks! :-)
I'm having problems trying to create an API following the instructions earlier in the thread.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213129

I'm able to create an API key but when i try the next bit (Creating OAuth Client ID) all the options are greyed out with a message saying 'To create an OAuth client ID, you must first set a product name on the consent screen '.

I click on the link displayed & try to set a name but just get the error 'Sorry, there’s a problem. If you entered information, check it and try again. Otherwise, the problem might clear up on its own, so check back later.' I've been trying for over a week now on a few different PC's & am stuck with the same problem regardless of what I do?

Today it seems the subscriptions are broken as i'm only getting the 1st page of results with no option to move onto page 2.
Are you registering with @googlemail.com address. If yes then i had same problem.
You need to goto your Googlemail account setting and find the part where it says you
can change from @googlemail to @gmail.
Once i did this i was allowed to create the OAuth Client ID

post back what you find.

(2016-02-10, 19:06)Steph09 Wrote: I'm having problems trying to create an API following the instructions earlier in the thread.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213129

I'm able to create an API key but when i try the next bit (Creating OAuth Client ID) all the options are greyed out with a message saying 'To create an OAuth client ID, you must first set a product name on the consent screen '.

I click on the link displayed & try to set a name but just get the error 'Sorry, there’s a problem. If you entered information, check it and try again. Otherwise, the problem might clear up on its own, so check back later.' I've been trying for over a week now on a few different PC's & am stuck with the same problem regardless of what I do?

Today it seems the subscriptions are broken as i'm only getting the 1st page of results with no option to move onto page 2.
(2016-02-10, 22:26)k_zeon Wrote: Are you registering with @googlemail.com address. If yes then i had same problem.
You need to goto your Googlemail account setting and find the part where it says you
can change from @googlemail to @gmail.
Once i did this i was allowed to create the OAuth Client ID

post back what you find.
That worked, Thanks Cool
I'm looking inside the addon code.

Can anyone explain me how the function on_play in the file provider.py is called?

@kodion.RegisterProviderPath('^/play/$')
def on_play(self, context, re_match):

I deleted the file yt_old_actions and the add on is working properly.
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...
(if this doesn't fix, or you mess things up you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the youtube plugin and it will reset to the default settings)

First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Edited 02/06/16
Verify that the Youtube API is enabled

Go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled
Verify that you see YouTube Data API v3 in the list

If it is NOT in the list go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library

Click on the link for YouTube Data Api
Click on Enable API at the top

Go back to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled

Verify that YouTube Data API v3 is now in the list

End of edit 02/06/16

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

I wanted to thank you for the work that you have put into gathering this information for us. I just tried it and I did not have success the first time but that was 100% due to a typo on my part. I started from scratch and made sure that I followed your instructions from start to finish exactly, making sure to double check my work as I went along. The end result is that my YouTube is now working again.

I decided to save all of the important information related to API keys and everything else inside of a text file that I plan to keep in a safe place in the event that I ever need to use the information for anything else.

Once again I would just like to say thank you to as well as the original author of the addon. You definitely built something that will hopefully be carried on
Looks like "Popular Right Now" is back in business. Just tried it and the top result is Batman vs Superman, which matches:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...leD68f9s14-
  • 198(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20