• 201(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Shouldn't YouTube be among the top priorities for the developers of Kodi? It just seems weird that the world's biggest video platform is being maintained here by one person. They need think about that, and worry less about dodgy repos, in the debate over the validity of Kodi as a serious platform.

Anyway, massive thanks to ntdrt for posting that; it fixed my situation.
All I can now do is cast a YT video from Chrome on my PC to Kodi using the Play to Kodi addon.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2016-02-17, 01:42)Vefom Wrote: Shouldn't YouTube be among the top priorities for the developers of Kodi? It just seems weird that the world's biggest video platform is being maintained here by one person. They need think about that, and worry less about dodgy repos, in the debate over the validity of Kodi as a serious platform.

Kodi is media player. Not youtube player app. As you said it is a platform which open up possibilty to anyone write media source addon.

Right now I'm using Youtube Leanback in Chromelauncher as alternative.
(2016-02-17, 01:42)Vefom Wrote: Shouldn't YouTube be among the top priorities for the developers of Kodi? It just seems weird that the world's biggest video platform is being maintained here by one person. They need think about that, and worry less about dodgy repos, in the debate over the validity of Kodi as a serious platform.

Nah i'd rather have the Dev's work on improving Kodi then work on a plugin that was abandoned. Besides there is a work around for most of the issues coming up. Eventually someone will pick up the gauntlet to fix youtube plugin.

Thats my 2 cents.

Jeff
That's not how open-source works. They aren't paid anything. There's no dev manager assigning work. They work on what interests them, what they personally want to use.

For example, WMV playback has been broken for years. I opened tickets, conscientiously updated them, etc, but none of the devs personally care about WMV files. So I use an external player (mplayer) to watch them. Nothing to be done, unless I want to fix it myself.

Kodi has a ton of users-- YouTube will find a maintainer eventually. But it's very possible that it stops working for an extended period of time. Complaining about it won't fix that. Nothing short of stepping up and maintaining it yourself will. (And hopefully, that's what happens!)
(2016-02-16, 15:49)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 07:49)DnC.Tv Wrote: well as i said before the login works but whats the sence of logging in if it dont access your actual account ?
when i click anything all it says is unknown kind' can someone please explain what that means

I tried to browse youtube last night and anytime I clicked on any list all I got was either "unknown kind" or something about app set for deletion or quote reached. I was tired so I didn't bother writing anything down. Any idea on this?
Yes, provide a bloody debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-02-17, 00:55)GoatNinja Wrote: As of yesterday The HISTORY folder is no longer showing up on any of my installs (windows, android, ouya) will this get fixed? The reason I ask is that I like watching youtube on my tv using the ouya but searching on this is rather tedious so I search the video on my phone using the android youtube app then open it through the history folder on the ouya... If this feature isn't coming back, is there another easy way to find videos for playback on the ouya? thanks
If you have the youtube video on your phone simply play it to kodi through yatse or kore.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I currently have the same version of the youtube plugin working fine on my kodi apple tv, but showing "project marked for deletion" on my xbmc mygica.

Why would the exact same app work on one version and not the other?? Ive loved watching youtube on tv using both boxes.

I tried to go in and rollback on xbmc but the option is not there. of course, i checked on my apple tv, the one it is working on, and of course there is a rollback option available there.

I went into both and disabled auto updates for video addons. I was hoping to then rollback on the xbmc machine and then all would be fine again.

are there any alternative addons that will also play youtube videos within xbmc? I couldnt care less if its the "official" one or not, as long as it works. the only difference is im logged in on my apple tv and not on my xbmc machine, buti cant see where that would make a project marked for deletion.... ?
I seem to be getting the "Project Marked for Deletion" error on every plugin that uses the YouTube plugin as a dependency (such as BBQPitBoys, Laura In The Kitchen, The One Pot Chef Show, etc) but by using the rolling api key mod above that content now plays fine if I directly search for it in the YouTube app itself. Any idea what could be going on with all of them? I took a quick look through those plugin folders and they all just seem to use a python script with an XML page for layout and the heavy lifting is done by the YouTube app. Sorry if the detailed construction of them is more complicated than that. I'm new to Kodi, but I'm easily taught. Smile Thanks folks.

PS. This is on v16RC3 with both the .16(official) and .17(page 200) releases of the YouTube plugin. Kodi is running on Win10x64

Edit: My apologies guys. I didn't realize they were unofficial plugins. I still wouldn't think they'd be considered banned where they're freely available content on YouTube, but before anyone jumps down my throat I wanted to acknowledge that (reading the Wiki). Adding them to my subscriptions/sesrch list works to access them through the Youtube plugin. I'll just have to teach my family to access them that way I guess. It was just a lot cleaner doing it with their own plugins. Oh well at least the YouTube plugin works now. Thanks for this thread.
Can we put the incredibly useful guide to generating your own API keys on the first page please? Maybe we'll get fewer of the same question being asked over and over and over and over.
I tried following the API fix last night except I didn't uninstall and reinstall first as I had quite a few other addons that depended on it. Instead I just signed out before editing the file and adding my own API information. Unfortunately, after doing this I could not get back into the YouTube addon. I'm not sure whether this was a result of me not reinstalling, or whether I may have mistyped one of the API keys. I will try again this evening.
(2016-02-16, 11:24)luddite Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 15:30)Lenkdrachen Wrote: "project marked for deletion"

how can i fix it?

----

okay its fixed Big Grin

Quote:First uninstal the YOUTUBE addon (you probably don't have to do this but it was just cleaner this way I didn't have to delete any folders)

Then reinstal the YOUTUBE addon... don't sign in

Close KODI

Thent go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/

Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then API key, and select Browser Key, give it a name and click Create (this creates the KEY)

Then back to Credentials
Click on Credentials, then New Credentials, then OAuth Client ID, select Other, give it a name and click Create (this creates the ID and SECRET)

At this point you've got 2 sets of credentials

Edited 02/06/16
Verify that the Youtube API is enabled

Go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled
Verify that you see YouTube Data API v3 in the list

If it is NOT in the list go to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library

Click on the link for YouTube Data Api
Click on Enable API at the top

Go back to
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/enabled

Verify that YouTube Data API v3 is now in the list

End of edit 02/06/16

Locate the file - login_client.py
(On Windows it's located here - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib​\youtube\client

Within the file login_client.py find the section that corresponds to the version of KODI that you're using in my case I'm running version 15.2

youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa',
'id': 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'

Set the Key to the Browser API key you created first
Set the ID to the OAuth Client ID you created second
Set the Secret to the Client Secret shown in OAuth Client ID

(Make sure that you're copying and pasting these between the quote marks)

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

And that should be it... mine seems to be working...

Worked a treat and also fixed lagginess

Thanks this worked great!
(2016-02-17, 14:02)harry_keogh Wrote: I tried following the API fix last night except I didn't uninstall and reinstall first as I had quite a few other addons that depended on it. Instead I just signed out before editing the file and adding my own API information. Unfortunately, after doing this I could not get back into the YouTube addon. I'm not sure whether this was a result of me not reinstalling, or whether I may have mistyped one of the API keys. I will try again this evening.

Only edit by your kodi version. ie: jodi 16
(2016-02-17, 01:31)Traker1001 Wrote: I know this seems a given, however, I think it should be noted that anyone who is using there own credentials should NOT use 5.1.17 and should stick with 16.

You can but it doesn't make sense. Guide and my update is the same thing. It's just shortcut/easier to setup.

(2016-02-17, 14:02)harry_keogh Wrote: I tried following the API fix last night except I didn't uninstall and reinstall first as I had quite a few other addons that depended on it. Instead I just signed out before editing the file and adding my own API information. Unfortunately, after doing this I could not get back into the YouTube addon. I'm not sure whether this was a result of me not reinstalling, or whether I may have mistyped one of the API keys. I will try again this evening.

You don't need to reinstall anything. Just logout and login again. It doesn't matter if you logout and then replace credentials. You can replace credentials and then logout/login and it will work anyway. If you have problems then read log (temp/kodi.log).
I just had a thought, does bromix plan to delete his api keys from google dev api?
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20