• 206(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Easy way - use this one: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip This version use other API Keys.

Using the Addon from Bromix Repo would cause the same problem.
(2016-02-18, 12:19)finalmakerr Wrote: @compy
Ahh not going to fork anything, i just had to have this addon working that's all.
I have several addons which use it so it's was my duty to temporary fix it.

Once someone fork and update it , my fix will be overwrite and everything back to normal - it's the same addon.

@samsonluk Great work m8.
And it's not my version just new API i created and i notice today it's actualy the exact original youtube plugin so i uploaded it again and it's shall be up soon.

http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed%20Addons/
Make sure the date is not showing as: 17-Feb-2016 15:31

Edit: Updated Smile

Maybe you could give me some advice. I did this fix last week and everything was working beautifully. Then today, I started getting the "marked for deletion" message on some addons that use youtube but not others and not on the youtube app itself. You think I should go through the process of changing the API keys again?
Thanks whoever came up with .17, working perfectSmile
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.
I have had problems trying to fix the error message ... Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind" I uninstalled addon, then removed directory .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube, downloaded the file above and installed from zip. then after generating 2 activation codes for youtube.com/activate I still get same error.

(2016-02-19, 01:21)marriol123343 Wrote: Easy way - use this one: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip This version use other API Keys.

Then I saw this post with github download link, so I'm wondering is this download link different from the one I have used earlier?
(2016-02-19, 02:29)parker.hugh Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.
I have had problems trying to fix the error message ... Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind" I uninstalled addon, then removed directory .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube, downloaded the file above and installed from zip. then after generating 2 activation codes for youtube.com/activate I still get same error.

(2016-02-19, 01:21)marriol123343 Wrote: Easy way - use this one: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip This version use other API Keys.

Then I saw this post with github download link, so I'm wondering is this download link different from the one I have used earlier?

I don't know your device (FTV, Android, Win?), but on Win for example it is the folder $$$...\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube you have to delete (after all the files client.py, client.pyo that have to be deleted from your system). Deleting the YouTube stuff in on the /userdata/ folder is not neccessary, I think. Take a look on your folderstructure and try it again. Take the zip that i post.
(2016-02-19, 02:53)marriol123343 Wrote: I don't know your device (FTV, Android, Win?), but on Win for example it is the folder $$$...\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube you have to delete (after all the files client.py, client.pyo that have to be deleted from your system). Deleting the YouTube stuff in on the /userdata/ folder is not neccessary, I think. Take a look on your folderstructure and try it again. Take the zip that i post.
Thanks marriol123343, I have repeated my setup steps again and once again I clicked on "Browse Channels" and get the same message Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind"

But I then decided to try the other links like, "My Subscriptions", "Popular right now", "Search", and they all work ok, I can use YouTube again. Great!! Thanks for the upload.

So YouTube addon is working again for me. with the exception of "Browse Channels". Which is not a big deal for me as I never use it to be honest. Has anyone else found this?
For the last 24h my youtube search doesn't work (daily limit exceeded) and also 'popular right now' doesn't work. I see that people here were having some issues with youtube lately but it doesn't seem to be the same issues i had.
(2016-02-19, 01:53)bigpoppapaul Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:19)finalmakerr Wrote: @compy
Ahh not going to fork anything, i just had to have this addon working that's all.
I have several addons which use it so it's was my duty to temporary fix it.

Once someone fork and update it , my fix will be overwrite and everything back to normal - it's the same addon.

@samsonluk Great work m8.
And it's not my version just new API i created and i notice today it's actualy the exact original youtube plugin so i uploaded it again and it's shall be up soon.

http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed%20Addons/
Make sure the date is not showing as: 17-Feb-2016 15:31

Edit: Updated Smile

Maybe you could give me some advice. I did this fix last week and everything was working beautifully. Then today, I started getting the "marked for deletion" message on some addons that use youtube but not others and not on the youtube app itself. You think I should go through the process of changing the API keys again?

You should use @<user name> , i saw your message by a chance really hard to follow.

I understand it's working for you in general uses but not in some others addons that are using youtube plugin?
I have 5 addons i made that are actualy using youtube and they are working fine.
OK.
I've followed activoice's solution on my Raspberry Pi2 running on Openelec, changing the "login_client.py" with SSH.
The result is that only "My subscription" is working and playing videos. But NO search, no channels, nothing.
Any ideas ?
Everytime i try to sign out it doesnt let me i get pop up saying login failed but remains signed in can someone please help me out on this thanks
(2016-02-19, 09:01)finalmakerr Wrote: You should use @<user name> , i saw your message by a chance really hard to follow.

I understand it's working for you in general uses but not in some others addons that are using youtube plugin?
I have 5 addons i made that are actualy using youtube and they are working fine.

@finalmakerr My apologies, I was typing quickly on my phone while simultaneously working on something else so my message ended up being borderline incoherent. Apparently I'm not an adept multitasker. Smile

So what I was saying is: My YouTube addon stopped working last week so I set the new API keys as outlined in the instructions in this thread. That fixed things until today when I began getting the "marked for deletion" message on some YouTube dependent addons (such as Vice) while others (including the YouTube addon itself) work just fine, I found this rather odd and confusing. I guess, based on your response, I should try the fix again and see what happens since you have 5 YouTube dependent addons that are working fine.
Anyone with their own YouTube addons - the 'user' designation for channel id no longer works - In my addons I have changed all the user ids to their channel ids and they now work fine. playlist id still works. This is using a new api. I am currently updating all my addons to reflect this.
Any developer that could point in the right direction to have this plugin sending to the video player directly the url of the video selected to play, bypassing the video quality choice? Using the DSPlayer fork I would like to try and use this source filter, setting it up to select the best quality available (DASH versions included) but I can't figure out if it is a simple modification or a complex one. Thanks.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id='+ url +')')

This is what I am using in Python.
If you want to use it from a skin command then it's should look like that:

PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=WFwHq6cY040)
Hi all!
This one definitely works:
https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

I had another file (682.33 kb) that didn't work.
Make sure you have the plugin.video.youtube-5.1.17.zip that is 554.78kb (the one in the link).
What I did:
Uninstall youtube add-on
Delete the youtube plugin folder in useraaddon
Install from zip
Launch, go through the setup-wizard and sign in

I was having issues with youtube note retrieving video info (time, description) and most categories (subscriptions, etc) would return an error.
Now everything is working perfectly.

Thanks a lot to all involved =)

****Im running kodi helix 14.2 on an appletv2****
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20