• 209(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-02-20, 13:51)finalmakerr Wrote: If first way is workibg then use it .

the point is: if I use the first way I don't use any api.

I deleted all credential in login client.py and the command is working anyway.

Do you know the reason why the add on isn't been developed as standalone "without requiring external api"?
The reason is Google.
YouTube API v3 has been acknowledge last year and it's required by any app..

If you delete the login client.py and it's still working I guess it's cause the required information are still stored in settings.xml
(2016-02-19, 12:48)coldkeys Wrote: Anyone with their own YouTube addons - the 'user' designation for channel id no longer works - In my addons I have changed all the user ids to their channel ids and they now work fine. playlist id still works. This is using a new api. I am currently updating all my addons to reflect this.

thanks very much for pointing this out... i was at a loss wondering why some sections of my addons were working and others not... looks like im doing some updating on my day off :/
(2016-02-20, 15:20)finalmakerr Wrote: The reason is Google.
YouTube API v3 has been acknowledge last year and it's required by any app..

If you delete the login client.py and it's still working I guess it's cause the required information are still stored in settings.xml

Maybe for some video google api are required, I don't know, I tested only one video. If you find out a video for which it doesn't run you can show to me

I writed this on login_client.py file (I'm running kodi 15.1):

'youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': '',
'id': '',
'secret': ''

I don't think that information are stored somewhere because every search command can't be done through kodi interface within youtube addon.

Anyway play the video works.

xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.video.youtubeculo/?action=play_video&videoid=ewRjZoRtu0Y)')

I think this is a first step to be indipendent from google api.
(2016-02-20, 14:24)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 09:07)cypher1055 Wrote: [quote='ntdrt' pid='2247414' dateline='1455627169']
I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.

I've tryied this solustion and it's not workingfor me...
I don't want to login just make searches in youtube,
anyone?

Why don't you want to login ?
thank you for the fix!
a little tricky to follow the instructions but with some careful reading they worked.
thank you again.
Big noob here.

I got a Rasberry PI and have no idea how to fix it. I have tried some of the YouTube API key/credential tips and I think I have that ready to go.
I just have no clue how to get these keys onto the raspberry pi.

I saw something about connecting to it with SSH and tried with Putty but the connection is refused and I have no idea why...

Help.... please...
Thanx, Marc
(2016-02-20, 17:15)obiwanjacobi Wrote: Big noob here.

I got a Rasberry PI and have no idea how to fix it. I have tried some of the YouTube API key/credential tips and I think I have that ready to go.

I saw something about connecting to it with SSH and tried with Putty but the connection is refused and I have no idea why...

Help.... please...
Thanx, Marc

I suggest to install winscp on you windows computer and connect via ftp to your rpi.
It is easier than working through command line using ssh.
You can edit and change the file from windows and then put it into the raspberry pi.
(2016-02-20, 17:21)andrea1985 Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 17:15)obiwanjacobi Wrote: Big noob here.

Help.... please...
Thanx, Marc

I suggest to install winscp on you windows computer and connect via ftp to your rpi.
It is easier than working through command line using ssh.
You can edit and change the file from windows and then put it into the raspberry pi.

Ok I got winscp on FTP with the IP address (port 21) and the same openelec credentials as for SSH (from openelec FAQ page) but my PI still (actively) refuses the connection.
Is there something to enable on the PI?

EDIT: meanwhile I found the 'Enable SSH' setting in the rpi and have SSH working. FTP is still not working (go figure)...

EDIT2: Ok got it. For other total noobs some pointers:
- enable SSH on the RPI (system openelec screen)
- for ftp use sftp (in winscp) and user=root pwd=openelec
- in winscp after '/storage' type in '/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client" - the .kodi is the key to navigating further
- create your own private keys using youtube developers page
- edit the login_client.py file and fill in the keys
(2016-02-20, 17:03)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 14:24)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 09:07)cypher1055 Wrote: [quote='ntdrt' pid='2247414' dateline='1455627169']
I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.

I've tryied this solustion and it's not workingfor me...
anyone?

in my home it's I can login but I have it in 3 different places(my perents house and my big brother have 3 kodi devices),
I don't want to login everywhere

can anyone fix the addon and upload it as a new version maybe .18Huh

thank you
@ntdrt: Thank you very much!!! Now it's working as before Smile

If someone has trouble installing the update:

1) delete the folder "plugin.video.youtube" from folder "..\addons\"
2) delete the settings-folder "plugin.video.youtube" from folder "...\userdata\addon_data\"
3) unpack/copy the content from the zip-file into the addons-folder (the folder in 1))
4) start kodi and do the usual 2x-login

Thats all...
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

I created an account on this forum just to say THANK YOU!!
(2016-02-20, 17:33)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 17:03)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 14:24)adito Wrote: I've tryied this solustion and it's not workingfor me...
anyone?

in my home it's I can login but I have it in 3 different places(my perents house and my big brother have 3 kodi devices),

thank you

You want someone to fix the addon, which is working for most of us and create a new version just for you because you don't want to login ? Have I got that right ?
(2016-02-20, 18:43)rpiguy Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

I created an account on this forum just to say THANK YOU!!

Worked for me ! That's the solution !
Same thing for me : account created juste to say THANK YOU!! Angel
(2016-02-20, 19:32)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 17:33)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 17:03)blueribb Wrote: Why don't you want to login ?

thank you

You want someone to fix the addon, which is working for most of us and create a new version just for you because you don't want to login ? Have I got that right ?

no...
It's working for you and others who know how to make this work but... what about the 1000's of pepole who don't knowHuh
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20