• 210(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Just an FYI

The original bromix youtube plugin from the kodi API will no longer work as the api keys have seem to have been removed from google. (least thats what i think happened).

The plugin from finalmakerr seems to work perfectly. I tried all links on my version (using Jarvis) and i get everything.

http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed...5.1.17.zip

The plugin from ntdrt is one i have not tested myself so i can't tell you if it fixes everything or not but i wanted to be fair to post it since some users have had success with it.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

To borrow some info from PhunkMaZ in post #3131 i suggest you do this.

1) delete the folder "plugin.video.youtube" from profile director folder "[profile]\addons\"
2) delete the settings-folder "plugin.video.youtube" from folder "[profile]\userdata\addon_data\"

then go to your Kodi profile folder, switch to addons directory and uncompress the plugin.video.youtube-5.1.17.zip into that directory. Make sure it says "plugin.video.youtube".

OMSC: /home/osmc/.kodi/
RPI: /home/pi/.kodi/
OSX: /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Kodi/
WINDOWS: %APPDATA%\kodi\
OpenElec: /storage/.kodi/

some information for profile is at http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Kodi Devs is there any way you guys could remove the youtube addon from the repository or put one of the fixes from this forum into the repo. I honestly just don't think the original API works anymore. I think it would cut down on the confusion.

I hope this helps and please click thank you button on the bottom of this message if this has helped you and thank you to the 2 people ntdrt and finalmakerr whom have helped giving us a plugin that fixed what bromix has started with his fantastic plugin.

Thank you!
Jeff
(2016-02-20, 19:47)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 19:32)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 17:33)adito Wrote: in my home it's I can login but I have it in 3 different places(my perents house and my big brother have 3 kodi devices),
I don't want to login everywhere

can anyone fix the addon and upload it as a new version maybe .18Huh

thank you

You want someone to fix the addon, which is working for most of us and create a new version just for you because you don't want to login ? Have I got that right ?

no...
It's working for you and others who know how to make this work but... what about the 1000's of pepole who don't knowHuh

If you were able to install this addon in the first place, you should be able to install the quick fix. It's not that hard.
(2016-02-20, 21:26)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 19:47)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 19:32)blueribb Wrote: You want someone to fix the addon, which is working for most of us and create a new version just for you because you don't want to login ? Have I got that right ?

no...
It's working for you and others who know how to make this work but... what about the 1000's of pepole who don't knowHuh

If you were able to install this addon in the first place, you should be able to install the quick fix. It's not that hard.

I've fixed it in my pc but...
I have friends and family that there is no way will be able to install the quick fix...
and I'm sure there are 1000's more..
what about themHuh
(2016-02-20, 22:02)adito Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 21:26)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 19:47)adito Wrote: no...

I've fixed it in my pc but...
I have friends and family that there is no way will be able to install the quick fix...
and I'm sure there are 1000's more..
what about themHuh

Do it for them or better yet - show them how
5.1.7 is great thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
you guys are unreal!! FINALLY worked after 2 frigging days of other suggested fixes, this did work. I hope it don't break. I doubt I will be updating YOUTUBE addon
Big GrinNod
(2016-02-20, 00:41)muranternet Wrote: Hi. Followed these instructions and the plug works now using my keys, except for the "My Subscriptions" heading (I think, sorry not at my console now) that aggregates new content from my subscribed channels. The subscribed channels themselves appear just fine in "Subscriptions." Any insight as to what may be causing this?

I'm seeing this with finalmakerr 5.1.17 also. Everything else works perfectly. Thanks
YouTube works but trailers are failing to autoluanch from the going to film.information on a film in my.library

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
N
Hi I tried this but now Im having says bad request ?
(2016-02-20, 14:24)adito Wrote: I've tryied this solustion and it's not workingfor me...
I don't want to login just make searches in youtube,
anyone?

Exactly that.... Why should we have to login just to search youtube. you don't have to login to search it with Internet Explorer or Firefox or Chrome.

The solution suggested didn't work for me on a Raspberry Pi. so it's irrelevant anyway. For some reason github wouldn't show me the zip file to be able to instalI it on the Pi.

I wish somebody would just fork this and fix it so that it's in the repository and easy to install.
(2016-02-21, 03:17)fozzythebear Wrote: I wish somebody would just fork this and fix it so that it's in the repository and easy to install.
Well, yeah. Obviously.

In the meantime, use the version that picks from a pool of API keys (thank you ntdrt!!) and thank your lucky stars that it works at all-- it's not maintained, so the first time YouTube changes their side it will break permanently.

@mods or Bromix (if you're still around): Perhaps the OP could be edited to link to ntdrt's post? IMO his solution (which I advocated for many times, patting my own back here) is the only way to actually fix the API key constraints imposed by Google.
(2016-01-14, 03:46)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 22:35)DarrenHill Wrote: The Kodi wiki is a good place to look for support information. For example SSH (wiki).

Can someone tell me where the "login_client.py" file is located in the Raspberry Pi version of OpenElec Kodi 15.2?

I know this is an old request, but if you are still looking for it for the OPENELEC rasp pi:

/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube

If you are trying to edit the file in some sort of gui such as winscp, you'll have to go into the settings and check off "show hidden files"

the "." in the path .KODI signifies that the directory is hidden.
Is 5.1.17 working under Kodi 16.0 "Jarvis"?
(2016-02-21, 09:59)misc123 Wrote: Is 5.1.17 working under Kodi 16.0 "Jarvis"?
Yes. In my Fire TV Stick on Kodi 16.0 "Jarvis" work fine.
Just posting to say thanks jdf76
working great.

Cheers mate!
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20