• 213(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Lol, my youtube plugin updated to .17 release just a few minutes ago before I could bump the version in the config, breaking the Youtube functionality again. The plugin on OpenElec repo still states that bromix made the plugin, not sure though.

Either way, to fix it, I did the following
* Stop kodi: systemctl stop kodi
* remove the userdata in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/
* edit the login_client.py file and add my API keys back in the file
* Start kodi: systemctl start kodi

It must be noted, whatever update the .17 release was, the bundled API keys for both the .16 and .17 release are identical. That's why updating to .17 didn't fix the problems.
So... now I got the .17 release with my own API keys.

Edit: Just checked the changelog in the repo: Nothing new in there - anyone have any idea what changed between the two versions?
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
Did someone pull the 5.1.17 update, one of my media centers received it but now the update doesn't seem to be available anymore on another one?
(2016-02-22, 00:01)oneohsix Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 23:33)jdf76 Wrote: Can you check the log file and see what the plugin outputs when you try live/browse channel. My version works. I'm on Kodi 16 Release (OSX 10.11.3) and i'm running xconfluence for a skin is that does anything. I'd like to see what the log says so that maybe we can figure out whats going on.

Jeff

21:51:34 T:18446744071585093632 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0) on Jarvis (16.0) with Python 2.6.5
21:51:34 T:1112713856 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/live/
21:51:34 T:1112713856 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/live/) failed

this is what i get when i click on the LIVE section. i edited my own API sections and named it 6.0.0 to stop any updates changing it and all the rest works fine except LIVE... im running kodi16 rc3 on an nvidia shield

Your Browse Channel is working?
thats odd, I just assumed it was updated with one of the new version from the 2 people here.

as far as oneohsix's issue, unfortunately i don't have an nvidia shield so this is beyond my grasp but it looks like we need a way to see what the error is generating. You'll need to do a debug log. Also i'd recommend going to the stable/release version of kodi 16. I'm going to see if i upgrade my version of Kodi on my FireTV if i get the same error.

Jeff
(2016-02-22, 00:14)SimonC Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 00:01)oneohsix Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 23:33)jdf76 Wrote: Can you check the log file and see what the plugin outputs when you try live/browse channel. My version works. I'm on Kodi 16 Release (OSX 10.11.3) and i'm running xconfluence for a skin is that does anything. I'd like to see what the log says so that maybe we can figure out whats going on.

Jeff

21:51:34 T:18446744071585093632 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0) on Jarvis (16.0) with Python 2.6.5
21:51:34 T:1112713856 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/live/
21:51:34 T:1112713856 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/live/) failed

this is what i get when i click on the LIVE section. i edited my own API sections and named it 6.0.0 to stop any updates changing it and all the rest works fine except LIVE... im running kodi16 rc3 on an nvidia shield

Your Browse Channel is working?

yeh mate browse channels is working fine. , so is search and populor right now.. didnt realise jarvis was fully released now, but just updated
ok, on my Amazon FireTV (Latest)

Uninstalled Youtube.

had to login to amazontv because uninstall youtube doesn't delete the addon data cache.

Code:
shell@sloane:/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata $
cd addon_data
shell@sloane:/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data $ ls -la
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-20 23:26 plugin.video.funimation
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-02-07 03:43 plugin.video.kissanime
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-11 15:25 plugin.video.smithsonian
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-15 16:06 plugin.video.thinktv
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-02-21 17:46 plugin.video.youtube
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-02-05 13:46 script.module.metahandler
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-20 23:30 script.tv.show.next.aired
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-24 14:06 service.xbmc.versioncheck
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-01 13:19 skin.confluence
drwxrwx--- u0_a19   sdcard_r          2016-01-01 13:44 weather.yahoo
shell@sloane:/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data $ rm -r plugin.video.youtube
shell@sloane:/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data $

then i went ahead and installed finalmakerr's youtube fix and then it prompted me to execute setup. I did this and them went to my browser and did the two activations (note it will say something like feathermaker would like access to your setup.)

I hope this helps.
Please how can i stopped the update, i have my youtube addon working on my other box, but one of my box has been update and it breaks my set up.

thanks
change your version number in the addon.xml file

look at version="5.1.17"

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.1.17" provider-name="bromix">
        <requires>
                <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
        </requires>
        <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
                <provides>video</provides>
        </extension>
        <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary lang="en">Plugin for YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="en">YouTube is a one of the biggest video-sharing websites of the world.</description>
If you follow the 2 min video and spend 10 mins - YouTube plugin will work as before and better (less users on API).

https://youtu.be/5E3dn2OPbp0
ok so just for a test, i deleted my version...downloaded the finalmakerr version, edited the APIs to my own and now the entire addon is working great,,, thanks to finalmakerr and everyone else helping out....
(2016-02-22, 01:05)jdf76 Wrote: change your version number in the addon.xml file

look at version="5.1.17"

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.1.17" provider-name="bromix">
        <requires>
                <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
        </requires>
        <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
                <provides>video</provides>
        </extension>
        <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary lang="en">Plugin for YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="en">YouTube is a one of the biggest video-sharing websites of the world.</description>

Thanks a lot mate, i will do just that because i have working soothly on my other box
I have been trying to get the YouTube addon to work for past few days and I get MOST of the functionality to work except for two categories...

Code:
My Subscriptions      = plays OK
Popular right now     = plays OK
Search                = plays OK
My Channel            = plays OK
Playlists             = plays OK    
Subscriptions         = plays OK
Browse channels       = Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind"
Live                  = Project marked for deletion

This was on Kodi 15.2

.... so after seeing Kodi 16.0 is now available, and I heard that this latest version did make a difference for some users, I have repeated my setup steps again with Kodi 16.0 but get same results as above. here are my setup steps...

Uninstall old version of YOUTUBE addon then reinstal plugin.video.youtube-5.1.17.zip

Close KODI

Locate and edit file - 'login_client.py' # add API keys

Save the updated login_client.py file

Then launch KODI
Select the YOUTUBE Addon
Select SIGN IN

Then do the 2 x activation thing where you go to
youtube.com/activate

Enter the code from KODI, click NEXT then click ALLOW
Then enter the second code from KODI, click NEXT, then ALLOW

but I still get these two categories with error...

Code:
Browse channels       = Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind"
Live                  = Project marked for deletion

I wonder how many users have experienced problems with these same two categories ?

I am VERY HAPPY to be able to use YouTube addon with only these two errors, so I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that there are still a couple of errors after following the setup steps.
(2016-02-22, 01:09)finalmakerr Wrote: If you follow the 2 min video and spend 10 mins - YouTube plugin will work as before and better (less users on API).

https://youtu.be/5E3dn2OPbp0

Worked for me, thanks.
Sounds like you're still getting the old token, if you install the plugin manually you shouldn't need to change the API Keys.

but i would log go to the kodi profile directory and delete the plugin.video.youtube directory in the addon_data directory under userdata.

Jeff
finalmakerr's 5.1.17 fixes the Browse and Live categories. The YouTube addon works better than ever now !
  • 213(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20