• 216(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
So what should I do?
Dear All....I loved using the Kodi add on YouTube....but for the last 2 days it's stopped working...I can't uninstall and reinstall as other programs use in like halo...but I really would appreciate if some kind souls would help me fix this step by step as I am not tech savvy....I have currently version 5.1.17

Many thanks in advance
Looking forward to your help
(2016-02-22, 18:51)Heebs Wrote: Dear All....I loved using the Kodi add on YouTube....but for the last 2 days it's stopped working...I can't uninstall and reinstall as other programs use in like halo...but I really would appreciate if some kind souls would help me fix this step by step as I am not tech savvy....I have currently version 5.1.17

Many thanks in advance

Disable those programs and uninstall the YouTube addon. Then install finalmakerr's version 5.1.17 (see post 3159) and login. I did this on 3 machines and it's still working since yesterday. The "My Subscriptions" folder is blank but the "Subscriptions" folder works perfectly. My fingers are crossed hoping this continues to work.

Good Luck
(2016-02-22, 19:21)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 18:51)Heebs Wrote: Dear All....I loved using the Kodi add on YouTube....but for the last 2 days it's stopped working...I can't uninstall and reinstall as other programs use in like halo...but I really would appreciate if some kind souls would help me fix this step by step as I am not tech savvy....I have currently version 5.1.17

Many thanks in advance

Disable those programs and uninstall the YouTube addon. Then install finalmakerr's version 5.1.17 (see post 3159) and login. I did this on 3 machines and it's still working since yesterday. The "My Subscriptions" folder is blank but the "Subscriptions" folder works perfectly. My fingers are crossed hoping this continues to work.

Good Luck

Thank you so much blueribb...I will try this for sure and post back
Hi blueribb

I was able to uninstall YouTube but as I could not open the link in the post 3159 I reinstalled YouTube but it's still the same,.

Please could you send me the information in the link in post 3159 as I can't open it for some reason.

Many thanks

Many thanks in advance

Good Luck

just out of curiosity, subscriptions gives you a list of subscribed channels or videos? because the one i need is the one where i get the newest videos from my subscribed channels, otherwise its not worth it for me.
(2016-02-22, 19:50)tuputamadre Wrote:

Many thanks in advance

Good Luck

just out of curiosity, subscriptions gives you a list of subscribed channels or videos? because the one i need is the one where i get the newest videos from my subscribed channels, otherwise its not worth it for me.

"Subscriptions" shows a list of all channels you are subscribed to. From there you click the channel you want and are presented with a list of all videos in chronological order.
(2016-02-22, 19:42)Heebs Wrote: Hi blueribb

I was able to uninstall YouTube but as I could not open the link in the post 3159 I reinstalled YouTube but it's still the same,.

Please could you send me the information in the link in post 3159 as I can't open it for some reason.

Many thanks

There is a working link in post # 3159 containing finalmakerr's 5.1.17 YouTube Addon. I just tried downloading it and it works for me. Don't know what to tell you. Try another browser.
Thanks bluerib...my iPad won't download the zip file but I will try using another device
What a damn pain in the arse, i fixed mine with my own api keys, then the update broke it again so i've deleted it gone into packages and re-installed 5.1.6 and fixed it again. I've also turned off auto updates, i tried changing the version number but it just kept making the add-on disappear.
I was able to open the link in post 3159 on my phone...but what do I do now....my Kodi is All the best, box attached to my tv which I used YouTube add on to watch YouTube on my tv
Sorry for being so novice at this
Sorry...meant * my Kodi is attached via box to my tv
(2016-02-22, 20:05)jelly Wrote: What a damn pain in the arse, i fixed mine with my own api keys, then the update broke it again so i've deleted it gone into packages and re-installed 5.1.6 and fixed it again. I've also turned off auto updates, i tried changing the version number but it just kept making the add-on disappear.

Here's what I did (running v15): go into System, Add-ons, My Add-ons, Video, then bring up the info for YouTube. Select rollback. Exit Kodi. Find the plugin area, change the XML for the version to a far-off one, and copy your own keys into the correct python file. Start up Kodi, check the version of the addon is as you specified, and you're set.
Unfortunately i don't have an Google android device. I only have the Amazon FireTV. Since that was based on the same apk as the android i assumed it would install in the same location.

Here is what i have

My list of Kodi Addons

My Profile Director

My Youtube add_on data directory. I marked where the youtube plugin data is kept.

This is pretty much where i can only tell you what I know. If worst case scenario happens just delete both directories in your addons and userdata/addons_data. I hope this helps, but if it doesn't i apologize for not being able to help you any more.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-02-22, 07:37)sevo Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 04:57)jdf76 Wrote: You need to delete the youtube directory in the $(kodiprofile)/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. It's pulling a token thats since been deleted.

Unfortunately it will prompt you to do the setup over, but it will fix it.
The only place there is a "youtube" directory is in ....kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/

This is Android KK, so, there is a "plugin.video.youtube" folder as above, AND a "plugin.video.youtube" folder in .kodi/userdata/profiles/sevo/addon_data, BUT in the latter there is NO "youtube" folder to be found.

I backed up and deleted the only "youtube" subdirectory I initially mentioned and the plugin doesn't start without it so that's not the solution.

Perhaps you meant to delete the entire "plugin.video.youtube" from .kodi/userdata/profiles/sevo/addon_data?

Again, the ONLY thing not working for me is "Live"
  • 216(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20