• 224(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
From the original work of developer. bromix. You can found the key on he release. Example 5.1.16

@ashlar I don't know, but i think bromix use the same way.
(2016-02-25, 14:18)Kolifanes Wrote: From the original work of developer. bromix. You can found the key on he release. Example 5.1.16
Yup, I got it. And you did good in keeping that identical, otherwise My Subscriptions won't work. We are left wondering where those credentials come from and what is the process to create new ones. Am I right?
Quote:@ashlar I don't know, but i think bromix use the same way.
Yes, he did I think. I'm just wondering whether Google is enforcing those limits or not. Because if they do... people using shared keys will have problems. At least if my calculations are correct (or, maybe, I overestimate the userbase for this plugin).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thx
The fix worked great on OpenELEC
@ashlar Take that from a view of a Geek.

I think the trick here is the "YouTube TV." They have sniffed from an application of Google. When you login you need to authorize also YouTube TV. So this are going to helping with limits. Also in the plugin you have a "fallback mode" when the first key isn't working because the limits of API, the Fallback Key is going to work to reduce the problem.

I have generate a new Project for every Key.

I don't think bromix has special permission of Google or paid for remove some limits.
So don't worry, if has working yesterday when bromix key are still on, is going to work also today with this new key =)
(2016-02-25, 14:10)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 08:49)parcel Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 14:35)ashlar Wrote: Hmmm... tried starting from scratch. Success.

Basically, I installed parcel's version (5.1.18c), substituted my credentials for relevant Kodi version *and* for youtube-for-kodi-quota. Now all works fine.

What I don't understand is why placing my credentials in the youtube-tv entry makes My Subscriptions stop working.

This is what parcel has from line 16 to line 21 in login_client.py:
Code:
'youtube-tv': {
    'system': 'All',
    'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
    'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
    'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'
},

If I put key, id, and secret as per my credentials (which I do for youtube-for-kodi-quota and youtube-for-kodi-16), My Subscriptions doesn't work anymore. Parcel, what's the option to select in Google's API manager page to have them working. I don't want to depend on a generic set of keys anymore.

Thank you. Smile

Enable Youtube API on this link.
Code:
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube/overview?project=<project name>
Nope, I did that already. And everything works, save for My Subscriptions. I need to keep the credentials in the youtube-tv entry as per the plugin I downloaded from you for them to work. Which led me to question where those came from.

Aha, "youtube-tv" credentials maintain from bromix repo.
Unless that "youtube TV" stuff is newly added, yes this new version will run out of API quota too. It will take awhile for people to upgrade to Jarvis but once they do it will stop working pretty early in the day.

What we need is for the new maintainer, whenever he/she eventually pops up, to do the "pool of API keys" idea, randomly pulling a key from a pool of 100 or so every time a user signs in for the first time. That's the best way to address it.
It's unclear where the youtube-tv comes from. Maybe it's a different kind of key, with different quotas. It's not part of YouTube API 3.0, as far as I can see.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
One thing i can see trying is creating a bunch of keys for everything you can think of

Browser API Key
Server API Key

OAuth API key for Other,

OAth API key for Browser/android etc etc etc.

Maybe one of those will work.

Just a thought.
Maybe bromix could shed some light on this, just pointing us in the right direction.
Finalmakerr put up this version a while back. http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed...5.1.17.zip. The "youtube-tv" credentials are different than the original bromix ones.

When using these keys, youtube authorizes an app called Featherence Youtube. I'm not really sure what that app does so I removed it from my approved youtube apps and changed my password.

Hopefully Finalmakerr can share with us how to get that "youtube-tv" key set up properly.
I wish but i honestly don't think he reads this forum or even looks at the project anymore. It sucks but yeah if by some miracle someone who knows him personally would give us a hand that would be fantastic.

Oh and i wanted to point this out just for info.

Once upon a time phil65 wrote "Youtube Browser, which was just a script and not a full plugin. It might be worth a look if this is working out but it's very alpha and i think he stopped doing anythign with it.

[WIP] Youtube Browser Forum

Jeff
(2016-02-25, 23:17)jdf76 Wrote: One thing i can see trying is creating a bunch of keys for everything you can think of
You'd need to authorize a ton of keys when you first log-in, which would be a huge pain in the butt.

Nah. Pulling 1 from a pool of keys is better.

If you're running on windows or linux, you could use Chrome Launcher with the Youtube TV URL. That loses the far superior Kodi UI, but it actually works, and will do 1080p too.
Nah i meant to see which one is what the Youtube-TV is. My bad for making that unclear.

Jeff

(2016-02-26, 00:12)rodalpho Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 23:17)jdf76 Wrote: One thing i can see trying is creating a bunch of keys for everything you can think of
You'd need to authorize a ton of keys when you first log-in, which would be a huge pain in the butt.

Nah. Pulling 1 from a pool of keys is better.
I did read a bit back that this guy did some digging. One thing i'm not clean on is how you can debug the call? do you use a packet sniffer on a box running the plugin or will the debug procedure in kodi show you everything you need to know?

(2016-02-18, 14:11)hanfgnu2k Wrote: I'm trying to be independent from any old API keys, so I wanted to also change the "youtube-tv" key in login_client.py to the new private one I already used for "youtube-for-kodi-xx" (15 in my case).

However the "My Subscriptions" view, which uses the "youtube-tv" key in its request, stays empty. Digging around a bit in the code it seems this view uses another kind of request (v1), and results in an error 403 (forbidden) when using the same key used in "youtube-for-kodi-xx".

Does anyone know what kind of API key or client auth (or combination of it?) I have to create in the Google Developer Console to make this request also work?

(2016-02-26, 00:02)I_Terrabull Wrote: Finalmakerr put up this version a while back. http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed...5.1.17.zip. The "youtube-tv" credentials are different than the original bromix ones.

When using these keys, youtube authorizes an app called Featherence Youtube. I'm not really sure what that app does so I removed it from my approved youtube apps and changed my password.

Hopefully Finalmakerr can share with us how to get that "youtube-tv" key set up properly.
(2016-02-26, 00:02)I_Terrabull Wrote: Finalmakerr put up this version a while back. http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed...5.1.17.zip. The "youtube-tv" credentials are different than the original bromix ones.

I think that Featherence is finalmakerr
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20