• 226(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
That is interesting. It makes it easier to diagnose and make a final version for everyone to use. My thinking was just running wireshark while running kodi, but i have to make a windows machine to do this because i understand how to use the windows version of wireshark, it appears the mac version is just a lil different.

Jeff

(2016-02-26, 17:27)I_Terrabull Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 16:41)ashlar Wrote: Bromix original ones or yours (I haven't tried) don't break MySubscriptions. How is that? How did you go on creating a different set of credentials that work for the youtube-tv entry in login_client.py? A completely different project for some reason? How? Smile
I have been trying to figure this out myself.

I don't think the 'youtube-tv' credentials actually belongs to Bromix.

Inspecting the http://www.youtube.com/tv address with Firebug, I came up with the following:

These credentials match up with the ones Bromix used in the addon.

(2016-02-26, 18:59)ashlar Wrote: Great find I_TerraBull! Now I wonder, is finalmakerr version using those same credentials or different ones? And, if different, where did he got them from. Furthermore, does My Subscriptions work in his version of the plugin if using different credentials?
@I_Terrabull Great find, how i said in previous post, the key coming from this or an application of Google.

@ashlar finalmakerr version the section "My Subscriptions" not working.

I just change all key with YouTube TV Keys and is working. I think this key has no limits because is owned by Google. You can test and try by downloading this release

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...g/5.1.20.1

If this keys has no limits, we have solved the problem of quota
(2016-02-26, 18:59)ashlar Wrote: Great find I_TerraBull! Now I wonder, is finalmakerr version using those same credentials or different ones? And, if different, where did he got them from. Furthermore, does My Subscriptions work in his version of the plugin if using different credentials?

@finalmakerr version has it's own credentials. If you use those keys, kodi ends ups authorizing Featherence Youtube. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of project he set up that was able to generate working credentials.

I not sure about my Subscriptions working.

Have you tried 5.1.17 from the official Kodi repository? It's using pooled credentials that are randomly pulled instead of individual keys for each version. 5 keys x 50,000 requests spread across all users is probably more practical than 1 key x 50,000 requests per platform. This method also has the added benefit of making it easy to additional keys if quota becomes an issue. All you have to do is add/edit the relevant lines in the login_client.py file.

Code:
CREDENTIALS_POOL = [
        {
            'system': 'Kodi YouTube Pool 1',
            'key': 'kodi-youtube-pool-1',
            'id': '761989675853-s2fmvsdjk4f57hh52phne3288pl3dd25.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'i_3LGLwtSYJh2klLNNzG1lJG'
        },
        {
            'system': 'Kodi YouTube Pool 2',
            'key': 'kodi-youtube-pool-2',
            'id': '313453013574-f7lfuf8k1tefptiv8n850bgqcbjc2dr3.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'fMnkhokm0Fv5MZluc5BsXeIv'
        },
        {
            'system': 'Kodi YouTube Pool 3',
            'key': 'kodi-youtube-pool-3',
            'id': '1081682822181-1a450qlirkjjfa8v3hgskhrdbg76c9r7.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'wqJfNZBHf_xTi3dGgUpf2eaM'
        },
        {
            'system': 'Kodi YouTube Pool 4',
            'key': 'kodi-youtube-pool-4',
            'id': '669595706732-5mdckd0b6dpbmoigg3hq6ac5u98hqiff.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'Dtx20RiLmE5zTARelXma0pom'
        },
        {
            'system': 'Kodi YouTube Pool 5',
            'key': 'kodi-youtube-pool-5',
            'id': '147802564020-8h2bs3r0e9ofoid9ame4pa1tu44k80n7.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'LlFMl7WSO8CE7Lq5Yj_Ru11t'
        }
    ]
Big Grin 
Brilliant, works exactly as the old one, just without having to use Add To Favorite hacks to get around the quota issue
(2016-02-26, 21:57)Kolifanes Wrote: @ashlar finalmakerr version the section "My Subscriptions" not working.

If this is 5.1.19 then I'm not sure that this statement is correct. All sections in version 5.1.19 work for me including My Subscriptions which I use daily. The only thing that I would note is that I'm still on Kodi 14.2 Helix if that makes any difference.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
5.1.19 is fixed by me. 5.1.17 is the release of finalmakerr
(2016-02-23, 11:28)parcel Wrote: Update some generated API keys in script. Hope it helps. kodi 15/16/17 (on my repo, kodi 16/17 only)

https://github.com/rasberryrabbit/plugin...master.zip
Thank you so much for creating the "plugin.video.youtube-master.zip" file and making it available for download.

I had previously installed YouTube 5.1.17 by finalmakerr and everything was working OK with the exception of "My Subscriptions" but I was very happy with 90% functionality, much better than a broken YouTube addon. So I was interested in your version of YouTube 5.1.18a to see if it had all the categories working after sign-in.

ALL categories are now playing perfectly. So big thanks again for taking the time to make this available. Much appreciated.
(2016-02-26, 23:20)Kolifanes Wrote: 5.1.19 is fixed by me. 5.1.17 is the release of finalmakerr

Thanks got it - apologies for any confusion, and thank you for your work Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
If Kolofanes is right then problem solve Smile
Btw yes My Subcriptions were used to work till recently so that's explain the situation now.
I confirm it's working on Kolifanes version so go ahead.
Anyway i have updated the 5.1.17 (yes same version) but My Subscription is working there so whatever option you choose will be good for all of us since the API's keys are differents.
This lost of youtube's compatibility with Kodi is painful. At first it took me a few days to understand that the problems experienced on a number of addons were all youtube related. Then it took me two day's to identify the proper sequence of search terms to find this site. Finally, over the past few hours I reviewed this entire thread and learned to appreciate the amount of resources, talent and energy, required to tackle the problem and provide a solution. However, I am still a little confused on how to implement the solution and would appreciate some assistance, due to the number of different platforms.
Let me summarize the process for a MX/MX2 running Openelec 6.0.1 and Kodi 15.2 .
I would appreciate any corrections and your inputs.

1. Disable all addons that require youtube.(If you try to uninstall youtube it will give you a list)
2. Uninstall youtube.
3. Delete >userdata>addon_data>'plugin.video.youtube' You can access the file on your TV box using your network and the box's IP.
4. Download youtube 5.1.19/5.1.20.1 zipped file and place the zipped file into the tv box's download folder.
5. Install the youtube addon from the zip file location in the download folder.
6. Activate the addon twice using the codes, but you must have a browser on a computer opened to the youtube.com/activation page .

How is the problem? When the youtube.com/activation page is opened, it is a subscription page. What am I missing or not understand?
Thanks,

Update: Please ignore the last sentence. 5.1.20.1 install was smooth and worked without a setup or log in.
Thanks,
(2016-02-27, 01:12)lvhjr Wrote: This lost of youtube's compatibility with Kodi is painful. At first it took me a few days to understand that the problems experienced on a number of addons were all youtube related. Then it took me two day's to identify the proper sequence of search terms to find this site. Finally, over the past few hours I reviewed this entire thread and learned to appreciate the amount of resources, talent and energy, required to tackle the problem and provide a solution. However, I am still a little confused on how to implement the solution and would appreciate some assistance, due to the number of different platforms.
Let me summarize the process for a MX/MX2 running Openelec 6.0.1 and Kodi 15.2 .

1. Disable all addons that require youtube.(If you try to uninstall youtube it will give you a list)
2. Uninstall youtube.
3. Delete >userdata>addon_data>'plugin.video.youtube' You can access the file on your TV box using your network and the box's IP.
4. Download youtube 5.1.19/5.1.20.1 zipped file and place the zipped file into the tv box's download folder.
6. Activate the addon twice using the codes, but you must have a browser on a computer opened to the youtube.com/activation page .
How is the problem? When the youtube.com/activation page is opened, it is a subscription page. What am I missing or not understand?
Thanks,
That's the wrong url. It is activate not activation. www.youtube.com/activate
(2016-02-26, 21:57)Kolifanes Wrote: @I_Terrabull Great find, how i said in previous post, the key coming from this or an application of Google.

I just change all key with YouTube TV Keys and is working. I think this key has no limits because is owned by Google. You can test and try by downloading this release

Hi,

Once we confirm these changes fix the situation long term, I will ask for a pull into the official repo, could you however do a proper fork from bromix and push the commits so the changes against his repo are visible ? (once stable and everything is working...)
Thanks !
(2016-02-27, 01:12)lvhjr Wrote: This lost of youtube's compatibility with Kodi is painful. At first it took me a few days to understand that the problems experienced on a number of addons were all youtube related. Then it took me two day's to identify the proper sequence of search terms to find this site. Finally, over the past few hours I reviewed this entire thread and learned to appreciate the amount of resources, talent and energy, required to tackle the problem and provide a solution. However, I am still a little confused on how to implement the solution and would appreciate some assistance, due to the number of different platforms.

2. Uninstall youtube.

Thanks,

Update: Please ignore the last sentence. 5.1.20.1 install was smooth and worked without a setup or log in.
Thanks,

MASSIVE thanks for putting this summary together! I tried the original app from the repo and it didn't work, so when I saw these 226 pages of comments, I panicked that I'd have to read through them all. Your summary was everything I needed to get it working (ignoring the dodgy YouTube URL - but the correct one was shown on screen anyway).
Isn't his plugin.video.youtube repo gone? I tried to go there yesterday and it wasn't there.

Jeff

(2016-02-27, 01:30)Jester Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 21:57)Kolifanes Wrote: @I_Terrabull Great find, how i said in previous post, the key coming from this or an application of Google.

Hi,

Once we confirm these changes fix the situation long term, I will ask for a pull into the official repo, could you however do a proper fork from bromix and push the commits so the changes against his repo are visible ? (once stable and everything is working...)
Thanks !
  • 226(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20