• 232(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-02-29, 15:46)Bosse_B Wrote: I found this in my Raspberry Pi2 with OSMC:
Code:
osmc@osmc:~$ ls -la .kodi/userdata/addon_data/
total 48
drwxr-xr-x 12 osmc osmc 4096 Feb 29 13:25 .
drwxr-xr-x  9 osmc osmc 4096 Nov  1 17:47 ..
drwxr-xr-x  3 osmc osmc 4096 Nov  1 00:58 net.rieter.xot
drwxr-xr-x  3 osmc osmc 4096 Feb 29 13:23 plugin.video.nasa
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Feb 29 13:25 plugin.video.ted.talks
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Jun  9  2015 plugin.video.tv3play.dk
drwxr-xr-x  3 osmc osmc 4096 Feb 29 13:24 plugin.video.youtube
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Jun  9  2015 script.module.buggalo
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Jun  9  2015 script.module.osmcsetting.pi
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Jun 10  2015 script.module.osmcsetting.updates
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Jun  9  2015 script.skinshortcuts
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc 4096 Nov  1 17:48 script.xbmcbackup
Notice the sub-directory addon_data where it all resides.
I am here trying to figure out why the youtube video does not work....
Do I have to install youtube in another way than from inside KODI?
Why in that case?

Did you manually unzipped the downloaded file and put it into the kodi/userdata/addon_data/ folder? This is not where the downloaded addon will install. Yes you will have kodi/userdata/addon/plugin.video.youtube after you install properly via zip method. Kodi creates it automatically at first run of the addon. The youtube folder in userdata/addon is used to hold individual addon settings only. Delete that folder, then install using install from zip method (see below).

(2016-02-29, 18:08)wasp9166 Wrote: so, i'm confused, i'm on a fiestick , what is the addy i would have to put in to install from zip? to fix this

tia

DO NOT unzip the downloaded file and try to install it manually. There are reasons why you might have to unzip and manually install, but this is NOT one of those cases.
If you have youtube already installed with a lower version number, then install from zip will overwrite the current installation.

Install from zip...

Kodi Main screen > System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file

Navigate to where ever you downloaded the zip file.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
ty, but i no longer have the zip just the repo, same thing?

actually , no, it wont give me an option to install from repo, as i can't uninstall it
(2016-02-29, 18:08)wasp9166 Wrote: so, i'm confused, i'm on a fiestick , what is the addy i would have to put in to install from zip? to fix this

tia

see post 3454
@wasp: I strongly suggest using amazon's YouTube app until the Kodi addon gets a maintainer. It works great, and will play 1080p too. I'm using a fireTV for YouTube myself these days.
(2016-02-29, 20:13)blueribb Wrote:

tia

see post 3454

this doesn't give me correct link to enter in to install from zip

(2016-02-29, 20:24)rodalpho Wrote: @wasp: I strongly suggest using amazon's YouTube app until the Kodi addon gets a maintainer. It works great, and will play 1080p too. I'm using a fireTV for YouTube myself these days.
oh ?, yeah, i see what ya mean

now, since the addon can't be un installed, is there any way to remove it from my video addon list?
Go to your userdata> addon_data and delete plugin.video.YouTube.

http://kodi.wiki/view/UserData_Folder
(2016-02-29, 05:31)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 01:58)TorontoGuy Wrote: I have seen a number of people say they can't logout. This is my situation as well. I get the Login Failed error message. Has there been a fix for this figured out?

I tried deleting the app, deleting the YouTube folder and installing 5.1.20.1. I am running 16.0 on Windows.

Live, Popular Now and Browse Channels work, but nothing that contains my YouTube info like My Subscriptions, Subscriptions and My Channel works. Furthermore, I don't see my Liked Videos, Watchlist and History folders despite them being selected in the settings.

There was a tip in post 3422 (starts with "other thing you can do it.................) written by jdf76. This worked for me. I'll do a step-by-step here:

In Kodi go to:
System
File Manager
Profile Directory <enter>
Addon_data <enter>
select/highlight: plugin.video.youtube
Press "C" on keyboard and select "delete"

Go to:
System
Settings
Add-ons
Install from Zip File
Choose 5.1.19 or later and install

Go to:
Video / Add-ons
Start YouTube Add-on
Sign out
Sign in (generate 2 codes to enter in youtube.com/activate)

@blueribb - Thanks, that did the trick. I had been watching this thread for days, but missed that alternate strategy or didn't catch its significance.
Ok it works now but still all the addons fail to update is there a fix for that yet or not? meaning anything dealing with youtubeHuh??
(2016-02-29, 21:23)LFCFAN Wrote: Go to your userdata> addon_data and delete plugin.video.YouTube.

http://kodi.wiki/view/UserData_Folder

you talking to me? this doesn't remove it from your video addon thumbs
(2016-02-29, 22:41)TorontoGuy Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 05:31)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 01:58)TorontoGuy Wrote: I have seen a number of people say they can't logout. This is my situation as well. I get the Login Failed error message. Has there been a fix for this figured out?

I tried deleting the app, deleting the YouTube folder and installing 5.1.20.1. I am running 16.0 on Windows.

Live, Popular Now and Browse Channels work, but nothing that contains my YouTube info like My Subscriptions, Subscriptions and My Channel works. Furthermore, I don't see my Liked Videos, Watchlist and History folders despite them being selected in the settings.

There was a tip in post 3422 (starts with "other thing you can do it.................) written by jdf76. This worked for me. I'll do a step-by-step here:

In Kodi go to:
System
File Manager
Profile Directory <enter>
Addon_data <enter>
select/highlight: plugin.video.youtube
Press "C" on keyboard and select "delete"

Go to:
System
Settings
Add-ons
Install from Zip File
Choose 5.1.19 or later and install

Go to:
Video / Add-ons
Start YouTube Add-on
Sign out
Sign in (generate 2 codes to enter in youtube.com/activate)

@blueribb - Thanks, that did the trick. I had been watching this thread for days, but missed that alternate strategy or didn't catch its significance.

yeah, but if you don't have the zip, like me , no dice , and still no one has posted it , so the app will have to suffice
under system/addon/available updates

tones of stuff working with youtube dont update.................just say update available ................but wont some way to fix it.............i can watch videos in those addons but they dont update ..... says update failed??
(2016-02-29, 23:12)cezzy2004 Wrote: under system/addon/available updates

tones of stuff working with youtube dont update.................just say update available ................but wont some way to fix it.............i can watch videos in those addons but they dont update ..... says update failed??

try deleting addon ##.db file
ok i did that..............showed no updates............once u restart kodi again they are all back and fail..............hmmm
(2016-02-29, 23:09)wasp9166 Wrote: yeah, but if you don't have the zip, like me , no dice , and still no one has posted it , so the app will have to suffice

Click page 231 of this thread. You will see several times the download link for the latest youtube posted. Please read some of this thread, it is helpful and you will find answers.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for their efforts. I have been having a problem with all versions (5.1.17b, 5.1.18, 5.1.19, 5.1.20.1) on Jarvis, getting the error Unknown kind " when selecting Popular Right Now or Live. I finally figured out the problem. I have been selecting Canada as the region when going through the wizard. If you select worldwide(all), it fixes the problem. Hopefully this will help other.

Thanks again!
  • 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20