• 234(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-03-01, 20:14)heino1979 Wrote: i can not see my subscription and watch later and playlist... i just get a box with .. to go back

What version of the YouTube Add-on ?
What device and operating system ?
(2016-03-01, 20:14)heino1979 Wrote: i can not see my subscription and watch later and playlist... i just get a box with .. to go back

This solved the "..." for me:

Go into your home menu -> Choose to create a sub menu for youtube -> Choose Sign In -> Then before it tried to create your submenu it will ask you to activate YouTube (as per usual twice) -> After that, enter YouTube add-on as per usual. Smile Ignore the fact that you think you are already signed in. Smile Pull up the submenu creator for your skin and create a Sign In submenu, that's all it takes. The addon will still not update it's setup from the settings application (wont display the various lists just the ones already set.) But at least you can now access the things you want to again. Smile I tried deleting the addon_data folder and it didn't work. I cleared everything in Kodi folders related to youtbube or that had youtube in the filename, it still remembered my settings and couldn't figure out that I needed to log-in again. So force the log-in.

Worked for me, watching YouTube as we speak, just wanted to share.

/CuraeL
Is there a reason why something as major as youtube functionality is not part of Kodi proper or at least an official plugin not a 3rd party script supported by the users?
(2016-03-02, 07:11)dcquence Wrote: Is there a reason why something as major as youtube functionality is not part of Kodi proper or at least an official plugin not a 3rd party script supported by the users?

Because the maintainer resigned from maintaining it (see the very first post) and kodi is a multimedia center whose main goal is to function as a kick arse media player/device.

Jeff
I installed the 5.1.20.1 zip on a clean install of OpenELEC 6.0.3 with KODI 15.2 (on a Raspberry Pi2B) and without signing in, the Newest & Most Popular etc work fine.
Will do some further testing ...
(2016-02-28, 04:53)parcel Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 02:53)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 02:49)parcel Wrote: It means "trying again to playback a stream". Smile
There is a file "lib/youtube/helper/video_info.py" which defines video type and resolution, but itag 91 is missing.

Where are you get the itag of 91 from? can you give me a sample URL. I'd like to take a look.

Thanks
Jeff

This url, it's too long.
Code:
https://manifest.googlevideo.com/api/manifest/hls_playlist/id/KavUBaV-jL4.48/itag/91/source/yt_live_broadcast/requiressl/yes/ratebypass/yes/live/1/cmbypass/yes/goi/160/sgoap/itag%3D139/sgovp/itag%3D160/hls_chunk_host/r5---sn-3u-bh2l.googlevideo.com/pmbypass/yes/gcr/kr/playlist_type/DVR/hcs/yes/mm/32/mn/sn-3u-bh2l/ms/lv/mv/m/pl/19/shardbypass/yes/dover/3/fexp/9406993,9420452,9421884,9422596,9423661,9424090,9424822,9425423,9425945,9426414,9426910,9427365,9427394,9427902,9429097/keepalive/yes/upn/OF9fcOmiJkk/sver/3/mt/1456625468/ip/<your ip address>/ipbits/0/expire/1456647101/sparams/ip,ipbits,expire,id,itag,source,requiressl,ratebypass,live,cmbypass,goi,sgoap,sgovp,hls_chunk_host,pmbypass,gcr,playlist_type,hcs,mm,mn,ms,mv,pl,shardbypass/signature/9553655F0240FFA380C4DB2C5444C955BAC7E2B3.9604C6733C777572302E5F071E083FF89518F1BE/key/dg_yt0/playlist/index.m3u8
<your ip address> : change your own ip address

I extract some info from downloaded .ts file on this link and it seems to work.

Code:
# === Live Streams ===
        # to do : itag 91
        '91': {'container': 'ts',
               'Live': True,
               'title': 'Live@144p',
               'sort': [144, 0],
               'video': {'height': 144, 'encoding': 'h.264'},
               'audio': {'bitrate': 48, 'encoding': 'aac'}},

You sir are a genius, thank you Smile
For those interested, here is plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.2.zip. It is the same as version 5.1.20.1 (fixed api keys) except it includes the following 2 patches which will allow youtube add-on to work with Kodi 17 Krypton and the itag 91 patch fixes an issue with youtube live streams not playing.

Uukrul's Post: #2856 Kodi 17 Krypton (future proofing) patch
parcel's Post: #3416 Live streams itag 91 patch

Thanks to Uukrul and parcel for the patches.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-03-01, 12:59)un1versal Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 01:35)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 01:33)Bosse_B Wrote: Successful install using this zipfile.
Had to restart the system to get back sound, though.

it's not the latest... the latest it's 5.1.20.1.... link it's above here. Simply look around.

Thats just silly look at https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...e/releases

both link to the same EXACT git blob, unless kolifanes is messing around only with zip files and ignoring the GitHub for managing source code, which is a terrible way to do it IMO as it just generates confusion.

I think one GitHub Repo which has the very latest source code should be created and managed properly, and there in this repo, everyone whos interested in providing fixes can submit them for inclusion, and from there the main youtube addon can be kept up-to-date in the kodi repo.

As is its utter madness and chaotic confusion.

To help this some instead of just criticizing, I would volunteer to do the Youtube Git project management (for 6 months to start) for whoever assumes the upstream maintainer job.
Thoroughly agree. Good call. Can the present devs get behind this please?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Kodi with broken YouTube support, ffs! This should be an integral part of kodi.
(2016-03-02, 00:29)curael Wrote:

This solved the "..." for me:

Go into your home menu -> Choose to create a sub menu for youtube -> Choose Sign In -> Then before it tried to create your submenu it will ask you to activate YouTube (as per usual twice) -> After that, enter YouTube add-on as per usual. Smile Ignore the fact that you think you are already signed in. Smile Pull up the submenu creator for your skin and create a Sign In submenu, that's all it takes. The addon will still not update it's setup from the settings application (wont display the various lists just the ones already set.) But at least you can now access the things you want to again. Smile I tried deleting the addon_data folder and it didn't work. I cleared everything in Kodi folders related to youtbube or that had youtube in the filename, it still remembered my settings and couldn't figure out that I needed to log-in again. So force the log-in.

Worked for me, watching YouTube as we speak, just wanted to share.

/CuraeL

I have the same problem with playlists just showing ".." My subscriptions work fine. I tried the above fix, but could not find a way to create the "Sign In" submenu in the Confluence skin. This is happening on both of my HTPC's that are running Windows 7 Pro.
Please disregard the above post. Turns out the wife had her playlist working incorrectly. Everything works great.
Hi,
trying plugin plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.2.zip on a Raspberry PI Model B+

I'm on an older version of Kodi (Gotham), since I'm on RaspBMC and the only way to migrate to OSMC is to reinstall everything from scratch. I'll do it some day, but as everything keep working as expected at the moment there is no need for me to reinstall everything from scratch.

The plugin works, and I'm able to play youtube videos, but I'm unable to access my playlists.

If I try to access playlist, I get the error:

ERROR: The request use the <code>mine<code> parameter but is... (i'm unable to read the remainig part of the error because the popup disappears).

In Kodi logs I find the following entries:

20:57:40 T:3038523392 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlists/
20:57:40 T:3038523392 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlists/) failed

Any suggestions?
First off I want to thank the devs for the updates and fixes and what not, it's always appreciated and I'm never one to believe I, or anyone else, is entitled. That said, I really hope you can all pull together and get this important add-on collated with the fixes so everyone kinda knows where they are. I'm pretty clued up with everything but even I was wondering what version was best to install when reading through the thread.

Huge thank you, misty01 for the zip with the live streams fix. It's been a nightmare recently but I can confirm it's working on Kodi 15.2 and 16.
(2016-03-03, 09:30)nickr Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 12:59)un1versal Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 01:35)DjDiabolik Wrote: it's not the latest... the latest it's 5.1.20.1.... link it's above here. Simply look around.

Thats just silly look at https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...e/releases

both link to the same EXACT git blob, unless kolifanes is messing around only with zip files and ignoring the GitHub for managing source code, which is a terrible way to do it IMO as it just generates confusion.

I think one GitHub Repo which has the very latest source code should be created and managed properly, and there in this repo, everyone whos interested in providing fixes can submit them for inclusion, and from there the main youtube addon can be kept up-to-date in the kodi repo.

As is its utter madness and chaotic confusion.

To help this some instead of just criticizing, I would volunteer to do the Youtube Git project management (for 6 months to start) for whoever assumes the upstream maintainer job.
Thoroughly agree. Good call. Can the present devs get behind this please?

I agree as well and would offer any help i can give.

thx
Jeff
(2016-03-03, 12:26)[Ad0] Wrote: Kodi with broken YouTube support, ffs! This should be an integral part of kodi.

Users with entitlement issues. FFS.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 234(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20