• 235(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Why isn't this marked as broken in the repository? Although sharing Youtube links via Kore is still working so it is not totally broken.
Because many add-ons depend on Youtube and can play youtube videos using it. Hopefully someone will step up soon and fix this wonderful add-on properly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEEEEESSS! Apparently i have RESOLVED the BUG whit video list on channel not refresh when a youtube addo-on it's launched from favourites home page of kodi !!!

I try to explain how it's work:

I have look my "favourites.xml" here -> /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata

I have make a search and i have add a favourites directly from search result........ i have add a italian channel called "Momenti di qualità". From the search result this is the result it be added to xml file:
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCkpyMmNsb7Qb_G-SUn7fM0A/&quot;,return)</favourite>

On same thread some days i have noticed the same problems.......... on Windows 7 using firefox when you try to open same exact link it's been obtain a totally different link for the same channel........... i have tryed and i have obtain this:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/user/momentidiqualita

At this point i have need to manually add this NEWEST line to my "favourites.xml":
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità-Prova" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/momentidiqualita/&quot;,return)</favourite>

I have saved xml on Pi2......... and i have try to launch this link from home of osmc and.............. OOOOOHHH YES!! Only now all video on CHANNEL it's been refreshed whitout a problems!!!

I thinks this is a BUG on this latest version of youtube add-on....... i thinks there's no or somethings goes in corruption when the add-on get channel link from the search result or similar things, i thinks there's somethigs goes in error when the link it's been converted or similar!!!

I don't know nothings how i can fix this to SOURCE or similar.................... if someone can develope or check this problems in this source please try to make a patch or similar.

Thanks in advance................... Ah.............. PLEASE:
Make sure to make useless this my segnalation..................... someone confirm to me if or not have this my same problems........ it's two or three times i try to search a myself solution and now apparently somethigs i found please not trash it Smile

*EDIT*
Only for this channel -> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBhPrOyiOcbRQZSJDfJomxA

I can't obtain the /user/ link and i can't modify my xml favourites file......... damn.............
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
I'm going to try and update Kolifanes so we can keep all these changes in 1 place, give me a lil bit to do this, unless anyone have an objection to this.

Thanks
Jeff
I'm sorry i'm a little lost. What is it you are doing exactly?

Thank you,
Jeff

(2016-03-04, 03:04)DjDiabolik Wrote: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEEEEESSS! Apparently i have RESOLVED the BUG whit video list on channel not refresh when a youtube addo-on it's launched from favourites home page of kodi !!!

I try to explain how it's work:

I have look my "favourites.xml" here -> /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata

I have make a search and i have add a favourites directly from search result........ i have add a italian channel called "Momenti di qualità". From the search result this is the result it be added to xml file:
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCkpyMmNsb7Qb_G-SUn7fM0A/&quot;,return)</favourite>

On same thread some days i have noticed the same problems.......... on Windows 7 using firefox when you try to open same exact link it's been obtain a totally different link for the same channel........... i have tryed and i have obtain this:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/user/momentidiqualita

At this point i have need to manually add this NEWEST line to my "favourites.xml":
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità-Prova" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/momentidiqualita/&quot;,return)</favourite>

I have saved xml on Pi2......... and i have try to launch this link from home of osmc and.............. OOOOOHHH YES!! Only now all video on CHANNEL it's been refreshed whitout a problems!!!

I thinks this is a BUG on this latest version of youtube add-on....... i thinks there's no or somethings goes in corruption when the add-on get channel link from the search result or similar things, i thinks there's somethigs goes in error when the link it's been converted or similar!!!

I don't know nothings how i can fix this to SOURCE or similar.................... if someone can develope or check this problems in this source please try to make a patch or similar.

Thanks in advance................... Ah.............. PLEASE:
Make sure to make useless this my segnalation..................... someone confirm to me if or not have this my same problems........ it's two or three times i try to search a myself solution and now apparently somethigs i found please not trash it Smile

*EDIT*
Only for this channel -> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBhPrOyiOcbRQZSJDfJomxA

I can't obtain the /user/ link and i can't modify my xml favourites file......... damn.............
(2016-03-04, 03:32)jdf76 Wrote: I'm sorry i'm a little lost. What is it you are doing exactly?

Thank you,
Jeff

CUT CUT

I have found a little bug in this version...................... i have tryed to explain but sorry for my bad english:

I already sayed........ apparently this last version of youtube add-on contain a bug on url channel converter.................. if you use to open a channel from favourites on home page of kodi the youtube add-on it's launched correctly but the LIST OF VIDEO it's present on channel there's will be not refresh from your last access if in this same channel some video has been uploads.

For obtain all refresh video present in a channel now the only to do it's access to same channel using the "search" feature................... only in this mode we can obtain a refresh video list present in a channel, if you have put this same channel on favourites of kodi when you access from here the video list it's not refreshed and i have found this little modification to make on url link to obtain for a workaround....

I thinks someone it's changed on some url converter in sources...... or similar........

Sorry for that but i can't explain better than this........ Smile If you want to reproduce this same my problems try to add a your channel to favourites of kodi and in the next days or two days try to access to this channel from this and watch if the video list it's refreshed or not Smile

*EDIT*
But i'm really noob whit phyton script Sad
I'm ask himself if this it's possibly it's a bug present on last version of OSMC firmware for example............
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
ok I understand. I'll have to try it and see if i get the same issue.

thank you!

Jeff
(2016-03-04, 04:01)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 03:32)jdf76 Wrote: I'm sorry i'm a little lost. What is it you are doing exactly?

Thank you,
Jeff

CUT CUT

I have found a little bug in this version...................... i have tryed to explain but sorry for my bad english:

I already sayed........ apparently this last version of youtube add-on contain a bug on url channel converter.................. if you use to open a channel from favourites on home page of kodi the youtube add-on it's launched correctly but the LIST OF VIDEO it's present on channel there's will be not refresh from your last access if in this same channel some video has been uploads.

For obtain all refresh video present in a channel now the only to do it's access to same channel using the "search" feature................... only in this mode we can obtain a refresh video list present in a channel, if you have put this same channel on favourites of kodi when you access from here the video list it's not refreshed and i have found this little modification to make on url link to obtain for a workaround....

I thinks someone it's changed on some url converter in sources...... or similar........

Sorry for that but i can't explain better than this........ Smile If you want to reproduce this same my problems try to add a your channel to favourites of kodi and in the next days or two days try to access to this channel from this and watch if the video list it's refreshed or not Smile

*EDIT*
But i'm really noob whit phyton script Sad
I'm ask himself if this it's possibly it's a bug present on last version of OSMC firmware for example............

Would you please take note of the fact that ........ is not part of the English language, it makes your posts awfully hard to read.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Update GitHub like you have asked.

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube
https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...g/5.1.20.3
Dear Community,

I'll search for a way to pair my Android phone with Kodi and found the post from bromix above:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1871461

Sadly I'm not able to program it by myself, yet. I programm C++, C#, HTML in the meantime, but always on Windows platforms.
So I would ask if anybody is here with programming-knowledge and know how to program such a youtube-service.
I would help where I could but like I said, I think I'm not able to programm such stuff by myself, yet Smile

Grettings
h0d3nt3uf3l
(2016-03-04, 10:52)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: Dear Community,

I'll search for a way to pair my Android phone with Kodi and found the post from bromix above:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1871461

Sadly I'm not able to program it by myself, yet. I programm C++, C#, HTML in the meantime, but always on Windows platforms.
So I would ask if anybody is here with programming-knowledge and know how to program such a youtube-service.
I would help where I could but like I said, I think I'm not able to programm such stuff by myself, yet Smile
Given the current state of the plugin I understand this not being a priority but it's an important portion of the YouTube experience now. YouTube TV supports multiple device connected, hence all people around the TV can choose and queue videos. Plus it's faster to search. At least for me it's important enough that I used YouTube TV (from Chrome Launcher) in the past few months, instead of this plugin. *But* YouTube TV from Chrome obviously does not offer automatic refresh rate change. And I love smooth playback (more important to me than the lack of 1080p in the plugin, due to DASH).

So, basically, +1 from me, for what it's worth.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I have problem with plugin (don't start).

Error:
Starting Kodi (15.2 Git:2015-10-19-02e7013). Platform: OS X x86 64-bit
Running: YouTube (5.1.20.3) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.6.5
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Error Contents: <urlopen error Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden>

Log:
http://pastebin.com/pDWVPtvB

P.S. Sorry. I find solution.
(2016-02-28, 13:22)Kolifanes Wrote: Close Kodi.
In explorer write %appdata% --> Kodi --> userdata --> addon_data --> Delete folder plugin.video.youtube. Now open Kodi and configure YouTube again.

P.P.S. Next error (the same error after delete plugin data):
http://pastebin.com/B61UMy13
Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kodi (20.1 (20.1.0) Git:20230312-289ec664e3). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
Sony Android TV, Kodi 20.1
One other thought/feature request suggestion, whilst this add-on is being worked on intensively before (hopefully) an update to the official repo.

How much work would it be to add a "use personal API key" option in the settings, with if selected pop-up box or entry line to enter your own YouTube API key to be used in place of the new default one (or pool of them, if that ever got implemented)?

At the moment the default new API key is working fine, but I fear once we get a repo upload and everyone starts using it we'll risk being back in the situation of API key overload and quota limits again. So it would be perhaps useful to allow the use of individual personal API keys without having to hack the add-on to enter them manually (and to repeat doing so every time it updates).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If theres several distinct API keys in use on this addon alone, its possible to add, but it wouldn't be a trivial update like weather add-on similar update, but it would be possible.

Google must be strapped for bandwidth and cash these days.
(2016-03-04, 18:05)un1versal Wrote: If theres several distinct API keys in use on this addon alone, its possible to add, but it wouldn't be a trivial update like weather add-on similar update, but it would be possible.

Google must be strapped for bandwidth and cash these days.
Theoretically there's only one set of keys that's necessary to input. It's a set, so more than one string. But I think that a competent programmer should be able to do it quite easily (it's a matter of taking the in put of a couple of settings requesters and placing it in the right place in the configuration file). If I'm wrong, excuse me, I usually refrain from expressing thoughts about stuff like this, not being a programmer. But this, conceptually at least, seems really easy.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 235(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20