• 255(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-03-29, 17:03)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 23:33)Kaskade Wrote: The only thing I could have done is to go to youtube in Windows and try to play the vid. Then I agreed with the message regarding content and play it. Maybe after that, it works.

Maybe that will end up being the only way to fix this issue. Google asks for your consent and grants you permission.

Btw, please don't choose anymore smoking girls for troubleshooting. That was disgusting of her behaving like a chimney.
Hahahahahahaha I'm sorry about my fetish.

The point is I'm pretty sure I have done this also in my Rasp with the old Google account, without success. I'll spend some time with this ASAP
(2016-03-29, 17:05)CardcaptorRLH85 Wrote: Regarding My Subscriptions not sorting by date, whilst this might technically be true in the Kodi sideblade, My Subscriptions are still sorted by most recently added (I guess this this is how the api delivers them) so this still ends up resulting in a list that is chronologically correct.

My Subscriptions on Kodi matches the order of My Subscriptions on YouTube.
Mine definitely does not. This is a real bug, just one that not everybody necessarily sees.
What do you have your view set to in the sideblade? For reference mine is set to Sort by: Default, Sort: Ascending.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Sort by date, descending. Simply does not work, I'll see march 18th, march 22nd, march 20th, in that order.
But, this is what I said in my earlier post...

(2016-03-29, 08:23)jmh2002 Wrote: Regarding My Subscriptions not sorting by date, whilst this might technically be true in the Kodi sideblade, My Subscriptions are still sorted by most recently added (I guess this this is how the api delivers them) so this still ends up resulting in a list that is chronologically correct.

My Subscriptions on Kodi matches the order of My Subscriptions on YouTube.

Set it to Sort by: Default, Sort: Ascending and it will work correctly Smile

Remember that these are not items saved in the Kodi Library, so Kodi doesn't have complete control over how they are sorted. I have seen the same issue with other streaming addons too.

I seem to remember that Bromix covered this at some stage in the past and said it was an api issue. I might be wrong but I think these type of things often come as a 'feed' so they are already in a set order.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Quote:Thanks for everyone's work trying to keep this wonderful add-on updated. I really enjoy the ability to add API keys in the GUI itself. Makes it much easier to setup.

Yes thanks to Misty01 for adding that.

(2016-03-29, 17:05)CardcaptorRLH85 Wrote: Concerning the list of issues itself, I have a very minor cosmetic issue. I don't know if it's part of the add-on itself or just in the repositories but, the description says, "YouTube is a one of the biggest video-sharing websites of the world." That should probably say, "YouTube is one of the biggest video-sharing websites in the world." Like I said, very minor issue but, if we're listing issues, changing a text field should (hopefully) be an easy fix.

it's a tiny typo which can be fixed. It's in addon.xml i'm sure. Add it to #5.

Jeff
(2016-03-28, 22:09)jdf76 Wrote: hey guys, would someone mind listing what are the current issues with the plugin. Any issues. Don't ask for plug-in inprovements, just tell me what the issues are so we can try and work on those.

Not sure if this counts as an issue or an improvement, but can we have a setting in the GUI to use our own API key if we want to, please? (EDIT: Dang! Beaten to it!)
See the current version and yee shall recieve,

Jeff
Please remember only fixes no Additions please.

Jeff
(2016-03-29, 21:44)jmh2002 Wrote: Set it to Sort by: Default, Sort: Ascending and it will work correctly Smile
Pretty sure it doesn't, I tested that. I'm at work now, will test again later on.
@jdf76 Thanks for that. I thought v17 was the latest (I haven't really been following this thread), so I just looked back through it and found a link on page 249 to the latest version with the API setting. I obviously didn't look hard enough first time around.
No worries, I think once we get everything administratively sorted, we'll probably be flipping to a new forum anyways just to tidy it up. Always check the bottom on my signature, it'll have the latest version of the youtube plugin.

Smile

Jeff

(2016-03-29, 22:43)biscuits Wrote: @jdf76 Thanks for that. I thought v17 was the latest (I haven't really been following this thread), so I just looked back through it and found a link on page 249 to the latest version with the API setting. I obviously didn't look hard enough first time around.
Just tested it and no, default sort ascending in My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date. First three videos were dated 3/10, 3/20, 3/18, 3/17, 3/28.
What skin do you use? Did you double check in confluence too just to eliminate any skin issues? And maybe a total clean install of YouTube, because it's very strange that it works for most of us, but not in your case. Hope this helps Smile
I tested in confluence and a clean install, yes. Even after a clean install, I get items out of order in my subscriptions on page 2, and I recall this also happening on page 1. Also you're right-- only unchanged default sort ascending works at all, changing the sort breaks it entirely.
  • 255(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20