• 6(current)
Release JAV Movie Scraper
(2014-11-19, 22:57)nana11160 Wrote: How can I get Scrape jav information display Japanese?
when i scrape MKBD-Sxx in AVE all information is English

DoctorD mentioned about this already:
(2014-11-11, 20:16)DoctorD Wrote: You guys are right in that the preference in the menu "Scrape JAV Movies in Japanese instead of English" does nothing right now for anything from the specific scraper list. It only works for DVD JAV releases. I'll plan to try to get some support for that in the site specific scrapers. It may take a while or come in in pieces because I have to write some new code for each specific scraper.
So it's coming up.
(2014-11-19, 02:04)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Quick Bug Report...

I enabled using IAFD for Actors instead of Data18.com but that didn't work. The Cast and Pictures were from data18.com

Movie: Racquel Darrian: Best Ass On the Planet

Hmmm... i just tried with a different movie and it's working... Weird... Maybe i needed to exit and go back in...
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2014-11-20, 03:11)ixohoxi Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 22:57)nana11160 Wrote: How can I get Scrape jav information display Japanese?

(2014-11-11, 20:16)DoctorD Wrote: You guys are right in that the preference in the menu "Scrape JAV Movies in Japanese instead of English" does nothing right now for anything from the specific scraper list. It only works for DVD JAV releases. I'll plan to try to get some support for that in the site specific scrapers. It may take a while or come in in pieces because I have to write some new code for each specific scraper.
So it's coming up.

understand!
Disregard!
Disregard!
Hey All,

I've been extremely busy these last few weeks and haven't had time to work on the scraper program. I may get a chance to work on it a bit this weekend, so hopefully I can knock off some of my backlog then. Thanks again for all your bug reports, suggestions and such that you guys post in this thread!

-DoctorD
(2014-11-17, 18:27)Pr.Sinister Wrote: ....
Ability to set the title to the folder name

This one is JAV specific. As you know, some of the translated titles of JAV movies are pretty shocking. Stuff about r@pe, big sister, mother-son, etc... i rather not have my list cluttered with that stuff. If we could have an option to scrape all the JAV info but set the title to the folder name, it would be great. I only use the ID in my folder name.

I second this feature Big GrinBlush And thanks again Doc for the hard work!
(2014-11-17, 04:12)ixohoxi Wrote: Hi again.

Problem:
  • I still have a problem with TOKYO247. Somehow, "TOKYO134" still returns the title "しおり" as "Bookmark" instead of "Shiori." The actress name now returns correctly though. This is nothing since I can just put in the name myself but if you have time please look into it again.
  • Also, has anybody have a problem with Rename Settings? I don't see any report on this. The rename settings seems to allow only one pattern: %TITLE% %[ACTORS]% %(YEAR)% %[ID]%. Anything other than this will break the auto-generated example, make it generate something like "C:\Temp\1999A1999c1999t1999o1999r1999 1999A1999,1999...1999B1999.avi" (full name here http://pastebin.com/BtdFNwX4) When write data it will return "Unhandled Exception" error and the application goes not responding.

Suggestion/Request:
  • Any way to add an option to add Movie ID at the front of the movie titles (and written into nfo file)? So that in Plex or XMBC/Kodi the movies will be sorted by ID in the title and, to me, make it much easier and faster to search for the movie I want.
  • Please add 10musume scraper
  • Please add 1000giri scraper

I didn't run my hiragana detector algorithm on the title, only on actor names, which is why you'll see "Bookmark" still for the title of that one movie, since the title of the movie is person's name. There's nothing I can do about this short of giving you the option to scrape japanese titles as Romaji always (Seems sort of a niche option - would anyone even find this useful most of the time?) and still get actual words translated when appropriate. Luckily, the program just lets you type in your own name for the movie, so you should be able to fix this one movie yourself.

I didn't write the rename settings actually, it came in from a contributor - sansibar. I tried to fix what bugs I've come across on it so far, but I've noticed other errors with it such as the one you mentioned, but it hasn't been my top priority to fix. The whole screen / rename settings needs some overhauls and bug fixing for sure though. Maybe a contributor would want to work on this? Smile

I'll keep your scraper requests in mind when I get more time to work on them. From going through all the outstanding requests, it looks like I got about 5 or 6 I need to write! Adding lots of scrapers gets tough to scale with my available time for the project since it adds more maintenance tasks for me when things on a site change.

On a side note, I've added automated junit tests for any new scraper I write, so I can at least tell when something goes wrong when I run my tests, but if anybody notices a scraper that stops working please post an Issue about it on my github page. That lets me keep track of bugs in an organized fashion.

The request for the ID somehow showing up in the title is a good idea - I'll add it to my list of things to do. Right now this goes into the <id> tag in the nfo I believe, but yeah there's no way to actually see that tag in XBMC since it's not a real tag that program supports.

(2014-11-20, 03:11)ixohoxi Wrote:

So it's coming up.

AV Entertainment should now scrape in Japanese in the latest version of the scraper.
I've added an experimental new feature in the newest version of the scraper called "File Name Cleanup". You can run it by clicking the new button next to the other file operation buttons.

Here's an excerpt from my readme on what this new feature does:

Quote:This attempts to rename a file to make it more likely a match will be found with the Data18 Web Content Scraper. This is done by replacing website abbreviations (current list here - more to be added soon) at the beginning of the file name with the full site name. It will also remove words from the file that interfere with scraping and replace underscores and periods in the filename with spaces. The list of site name abbreviations still needs more work. Please consider contributing to this list if you use this feature and would like to see it work better! Note that the list of abbreviations usually contains a short 2-4 letter abbreviation as the second entry in the list. This is the abbreviation used in the scene release of the file.

Eventually when this feature is working a little better, I plan to make this a command line option so that it can be invoked in post processing scripts run on file download completion.

Let me know how I can make this feature more useful and please help by submitting some additions to my abbreviation list (don't submit them here in this thread, either submit on a github issue or pull request or PM me a file with additions or PM me a link to a site like pastebin with your changes).

Thanks!
Hi guys, I just found this topic, and I really appreciate your effort.

I already created a set of JAV scraper about one and a half year ago and it works fine with my xbmc library.
currently support: arzon, aventertainment, 1pondo, heyzo, caribbeancom, tokyohot, animation and image video

it seems that few people are using it, but maybe because it's hard to search
you can check it on https://github.com/laoyang945/javscraper
Hi laoyang945,

I really like your xbmc scrapers. You've done great work on them. For any of the people who prefer Japanese metadata for their movies in this thread, I highly recommend using Laoyang's xbmc XML scrapers.

I was actually using your XML scrapers before I created my scraper program, but since I initially wanted something that did google translations of metadata, I started writing a program to handle that. I also couldn't cleanly figure out a way to crop the full resolution box art from DMM to make the poster in an XML scraper without writing some kind of web service which processes the file and then sends a new URL on to xbmc which was going to be too much for me to maintain.

One thing you may want to consider doing to get more exposure for your scraper is to merge it onto a site like http://superrepo.org. That way people can find your scraper & have it updated automatically when you release new updates.

Thanks again!
Hi DoctorD,

I finally found out what's wrong with the problem I faced. It has to do with the info file. Let me try to summarise the problem again

Problem: Whenever I add the video files into my XBMC, the poster of each video will show the fanart instead of the poster picture. I had to manually correct the poster displayed, but its quite tedious using an iPad and I lost track of which ones are already corrected. But oddly this problem only happen to JAV. I added American videos and their poster are displayed correctly.

So I dig into the .nfo file, and notice for the JAV nfo, the thumbnail link and the fanart thumbnail link are the same, even thou your scraper UI show 2 different images. I did an experiment and change the main thumbnail to link to a poster file from the same dmm.co.jp site, and turns out it works correctly now.

Bug? : Would you mind looking into JAV section where the program writes the <thumb> and <fanart><thumb> links, which is after <studio>? if the <thumb> can link to the poster image instead of fanart image, that will be cool.

And thanks again for your great work Doc!

Edit: Just to add on, I have the "Write fanart and poster files" and "Overwrite fanart and poster files" options enabled in the Preferences
Hey yellie,

Here's what's happening. The poster art and the fanart are generally the same for JAV movies in the nfo, except for JAV sites found in the "Site Specific Scraper" section. Why is this? Well, it's because no website that I have found has cropped images of just the front cover of the movie in full resolution. It's always either a tiny thumbnail of the movie's poster art or both images combined into one. So what my program does is take the full jacket art (what you're seeing as the fanart) and does a crop and then saves the poster out as -poster.jpg. The nfo will still point to the full jacket image because I have no other URL to point to besides that - it's the best I can do unfortunately. However, if you have the poster file in the same directory in your movie and also named correctly then XBMC should read that file in and use that instead of what's in the nfo.

I'm not sure why your copy of XBMC isn't picking up these files. What is your movie named and what is the poster file named? And are they in the same directory?
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the explanation. No wonder I can't find the link to the high res poster file on the website lol. Anyway after reading your reply, I tried out some other renaming methods, and finally solve this issue. The main problem is, the poster file have to be movie-poster.jpg format. All along I have been using poster.jpg option, and the XBMC just can't pick it up.

The XBMC on my iPad is ver 13.2 (compiled Nov 5 2014), and the poster, fan art and video are in the same directory.

Once again, BIG thanks for the great work and your help! I'm loving this program more every use Smile
I've added lots of new stuff since my last post here. Here's a quick summary of the new stuff:

Command line options:
-scrape, -rename, -help, -filenamecleanup

More sites supported for file name cleanup.

Fixes to the renamer option. It should actually work now when you set your custom naming format! You can also see a preview if you select a scraped movie before entering the rename settings window.

See console output within the program (either a new window or a panel within the main window). This lets you monitor what's going on during scraping / writing files.

R18.com scraping is now supported. R18.com is a site to buy/rent JAV movies, but it's in English so the data there is quite good. This should improve the quality of titles and plot data, genre data, etc, when scraping JAV movies. If the scraper fails to find a movie on R18 that you KNOW has a page, please open an issue on github as I'm still trying to work on increasing the accuracy of the search function. (It should work with most movies, but there may be a few "weird" ones that have special rules on the ID to get a good match).

Lots of bug fixes (see commits and closed issues on github for more detail on these)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JAV Movie Scraper1