• 8(current)
Release [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
Hello

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so please move if necessary.

For some reason I am now getting an error message when ever I look at info on tv shows or movies. It is an Extended Info error. I posted my log and the question on the skin forum thinking it was an error with the skin. However I got the following reply:

Quote:It's saying you're missing the downloader.external module, no idea so suggest posting a link to your log in the ExtendedInfo thread. You can also try manually installing the latest ExtendedInfo version from the Jarvis branch on github, which is available at the following link:

https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...jarvis.zip

Here is the link to my log file Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pof3tfcer

Many thanks. Eon
the error comes from the youtube downloader script. i've moved your post there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-04-08, 10:46)eondesigns1138 Wrote: Hello

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so please move if necessary.

For some reason I am now getting an error message when ever I look at info on tv shows or movies. It is an Extended Info error. I posted my log and the question on the skin forum thinking it was an error with the skin. However I got the following reply:

Quote:It's saying you're missing the downloader.external module, no idea so suggest posting a link to your log in the ExtendedInfo thread. You can also try manually installing the latest ExtendedInfo version from the Jarvis branch on github, which is available at the following link:

https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...jarvis.zip

Here is the link to my log file Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pof3tfcer

Many thanks. Eon
The log link is not working - perhaps expired. If you get a new one I'll look at it.

Sent from my SM-N910P
I am trying this with youtube-dl --get-url and i am getting my stream link!
if i am trying it with this api i am getting an None Object but only if am wanting to get a streaming url for Streamcloud.eu

vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(streamLink,2,True)
=> vid is None

root@********:/var/www/html/api/sc# youtube-dl --get-url http://streamcloud.eu/123467343462453452...D.mkv.html
http://cdn5.streamcloud.eu:8080/zhv75l3i.../video.mp4
root@********:/var/www/html/api/sc#
Hi,

I get errors with X when I want to have information about a video.

Code:
11:45:44  62.065296 T:1671427056   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named downloader.external
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.process import start_info_actions
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/process.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                import VideoPlayer
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/VideoPlayer.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import YDStreamExtractor
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/YDStreamExtractor.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import YoutubeDLWrapper
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/YoutubeDLWrapper.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from youtube_dl.utils import std_headers, DownloadError #analysis:ignore
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from .options import (
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl/options.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from .downloader.external import list_external_downloaders
                                            ImportError: No module named downloader.external
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:45:44  62.309658 T:1496314864   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=traktsimilartvshows&&dbid=186

http://pastebin.com/cH6is5FB

Thx !
the error comes from the youtube downloader script. i've moved your post there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-05-20, 22:27)Konradovitsch Wrote: I am trying this with youtube-dl --get-url and i am getting my stream link!
if i am trying it with this api i am getting an None Object but only if am wanting to get a streaming url for Streamcloud.eu

=> vid is None

root@********:/var/www/html/api/sc# youtube-dl --get-url http://streamcloud.eu/123467343462453452...D.mkv.html
It is likely the version installed on your system is newer than the one in the youtube-dl addon. I'll update to the latest - let me know if you still have the issue when you try it with that.
(2016-05-21, 10:45)Alyy Wrote: Hi,

Code:
11:45:44  62.065296 T:1671427056   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/process.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                import VideoPlayer
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/VideoPlayer.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import YDStreamExtractor
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/YDStreamExtractor.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import YoutubeDLWrapper
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/YoutubeDLWrapper.py", line 11, in <module>
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from .options import (
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl/options.py", line 7, in <module>
11:45:44  62.309658 T:1496314864   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=traktsimilartvshows&&dbid=186

Thx !
There seems to be something wrong with your youtube-dl addon install. You're getting an error on import, which isn't happening to anyone else as far as I know. Try un-installing it and make sure that you install the addon via the repository or by using "Install from zip file". Also, your pastebin log doesn't contain the error or any usage of the addon, so there isn't much I can get from that.
Information 
Version 16.521.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2016.05.21.2

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
(2016-05-22, 17:49)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 22:27)Konradovitsch Wrote: I am trying this with youtube-dl --get-url and i am getting my stream link!

=> vid is None

It is likely the version installed on your system is newer than the one in the youtube-dl addon. I'll update to the latest - let me know if you still have the issue when you try it with that.
(2016-05-21, 10:45)Alyy Wrote: Hi,

Code:
                                                import VideoPlayer
                                                import YDStreamExtractor
                                                import YoutubeDLWrapper
                                                from .options import (

Thx !
There seems to be something wrong with your youtube-dl addon install. You're getting an error on import, which isn't happening to anyone else as far as I know. Try un-installing it and make sure that you install the addon via the repository or by using "Install from zip file". Also, your pastebin log doesn't contain the error or any usage of the addon, so there isn't much I can get from that.

I uninstall addon youtube-dl or youtube or bothe ?

I have youtube-dl 16.318.0 and youtube 5.1.20.4
(2016-05-22, 18:37)Alyy Wrote: I uninstall addon youtube-dl or youtube or bothe ?

Just the youtube-dl addon. The YouTube addon has nothing to do with youtube-dl.
(2016-05-22, 18:50)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-05-22, 18:37)Alyy Wrote: I uninstall addon youtube-dl or youtube or bothe ?

Just the youtube-dl addon. The YouTube addon has nothing to do with youtube-dl.

By installing the latest version, this fixes the problem. the error occurred just one time,

I think it's good ?

Code:
20:46:33 7724.666992 T:1671951344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: list indices must be integers, not str
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/plugin.py", line 103, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/plugin.py", line 31, in __init__
                                                listitems = start_info_actions(info, self.params)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/process.py", line 163, in start_info_actions
                                                movies = tmdb.get_person_movies(director_info["id"])
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 1192, in get_person_movies
                                                return handle_movies(response["crew"])
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 318, in handle_movies
                                                ids = [item["id"] for item in response["genres"]]
                                            TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str
20:46:33 7725.143066 T:1652675568   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=directormovies&&director=Alejandro G. Iñárritu
I tried reinstalling th eaddon but it doesnt work with streamcloud.eu but it works on my root and it dont understand why it gives me a None feedback.
(2016-05-23, 19:19)Konradovitsch Wrote: I tried reinstalling the addon but it doesnt work with streamcloud.eu but it works on my root and it dont understand why it gives me a None feedback.
That's why I said I thought there was a version difference. None means no info, and is what you would get with an unsupported site or if the handler for a supported site failed to resolve the URL.

You said you re-installed, but are you sure you are on the new version - 16.521.0?
(2016-05-23, 19:52)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 19:19)Konradovitsch Wrote: I tried reinstalling the addon but it doesnt work with streamcloud.eu but it works on my root and it dont understand why it gives me a None feedback.
That's why I said I thought there was a version difference. None means no info, and is what you would get with an unsupported site or if the handler for a supported site failed to resolve the URL.

You said you re-installed, but are you sure you are on the new version - 16.521.0?

its
<addon id="script.module.youtube.dl" name="youtube-dl Control" version="16.327.0"
(2016-05-24, 20:54)Konradovitsch Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 19:52)ruuk Wrote:

its
<addon id="script.module.youtube.dl" name="youtube-dl Control" version="16.327.0"
Well, let me know if it still doesn't work when you are updated with the new version. You may need to force refresh/check for updates on the Kodi repo.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver2