• 10(current)
Release [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
Ah. Well you mentioned Closed Caption which (in my experience) commonly refers to the text that is encoded in the video Smile
No, the addon doesn't handle that. You can add a feature request to GitHub if you like, but me adding it any time soon is unlikely as I'm currently super busy.

Sent from my SM-N910P
Ok thanks for you reply, sorry for the misunderstood english isnt my main language.
(2016-06-28, 19:50)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 18:14)woodside Wrote: Just a heads up... none of the vevos from Youtube are working anymore.

I'll update to the latest youtube-dl version. Hopefully it's fixed there.

Weird thing now with latest version... Vevos play fine now but without any audio while other non-vevos play fine including audio. Confused
(2016-07-03, 18:34)woodside Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 19:50)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 18:14)woodside Wrote: Just a heads up... none of the vevos from Youtube are working anymore.

I'll update to the latest youtube-dl version. Hopefully it's fixed there.

Weird thing now with latest version... Vevos play fine now but without any audio while other non-vevos play fine including audio. Confused

Maybe they're DASH only streams now? (i.e. separate video and audio streams - which doesn't work in Kodi yet)
Previously most things had both DASH and normal mp4, with mp4 limited to 720p.
(2016-07-03, 19:53)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-07-03, 18:34)woodside Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 19:50)ruuk Wrote: I'll update to the latest youtube-dl version. Hopefully it's fixed there.

Maybe they're DASH only streams now? (i.e. separate video and audio streams - which doesn't work in Kodi yet)
Previously most things had both DASH and normal mp4, with mp4 limited to 720p.

Yeah... I was wondering the same thing that maybe youtube went all DASH or something but the same videos that won't play with sound play just fine using the Youtube addon. Hmmm strange.
(2016-03-27, 09:50)Roger79 Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 13:21)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 05:56)tirani Wrote: Hi,
I am trying to use youtube-dl control to download a video (on windows)
I get this error:
Error: m3u8 download detected but ffmpeg or avconv could not be found
ps.
youtube.com download works fine.

Some streams cannot be downloaded within the add-on and youtube-dl needs to use an external program. This is what the message is telling you. You need ffmpeg installed to download this stream.

Hi! I followed the instructions in this "How to"-guide but i still get the same error as mentioned above. I installed the 64-bit version as I'm running 64-bit windows. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Hi folks! I figured out I needed the 32-bit version to make it work. However ffmpeg starts on top of kodi everytime I download a stream. Is there a way to start ffmpeg minimized?
great addon, nice work!
This youtube URL is not the related module as per instructions.

State of Origin Live Stream Link- http://stateoforiginlive2016.online/watch/

Read More: http://www.stateoforiginlivestreamfree.u...tream.html
Hi there. After installing "youtube-dl Control" and "YouTube Download Context Menu" addons, now youtube won't buffer properly anymore in 720p. It starts "Buffering 1%" and just keeps going until the 5mb cache is entirely full up.

I uninstall all of these addons, and then just only re-install youtube. But the problem still remains. So is there some library dependancy got installed a different version? How to clear this stuff up?

Full details here:

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide.../issues/53
(2016-07-13, 15:38)dreamcat4 Wrote: Hi there. After installing "youtube-dl Control" and "YouTube Download Context Menu" addons, now youtube won't buffer properly anymore in 720p. It starts "Buffering 1%" and just keeps going until the 5mb cache is entirely full up.

I uninstall all of these addons, and then just only re-install youtube. But the problem still remains. So is there some library dependancy got installed a different version? How to clear this stuff up?

Full details here:

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide.../issues/53
This add-on has nothing to do with the YouTube addon or the context menu add-on.

Sent from my SM-N910P
I see that the repo is offline and kodi no longer hosts this and Extended Info which is needed for mimic skin has this as a dependency.

Is there a new place to get this module?

Edit: Ended up using the files off Github here, https://github.com/ruuk/script.module.youtube.dl
(2016-07-16, 21:19)dcquence Wrote: I see that the repo is offline and kodi no longer hosts this and Extended Info which is needed for mimic skin has this as a dependency.

Is there a new place to get this module?

Edit: Ended up using the files off Github here, https://github.com/ruuk/script.module.youtube.dl

I'm not sure what you mean. You said Kodi no longer hosts this with a link to it on the Kodi mirrors. Am I missing something?
Hi ruuk, your add-on here is great. I was just wondering if you are able to tweak it at all to allow multiple downloads at the sametime rather than having to wait for one to finish before starting the next? Would that be something which is possible at all? I find it can fail sometimes if it has multiple items stacked and added to the queue.
Trying with various videos from YouTube, says download complete but they don't appear the files in sdcard that I have choose to save it. Download a movie from addon, appears file and plays well. Also trying from LiveStreaming channels appears error to download. Can anyone help me? (Android box root LP 5.1.1 with SPMC 16.4.2)
(2016-09-16, 14:21)xalaros10 Wrote: Trying with various videos from YouTube, says download complete but they don't appear the files in sdcard that I have choose to save it. Download a movie from addon, appears file and plays well. Also trying from LiveStreaming channels appears error to download. Can anyone help me? (Android box root LP 5.1.1 with SPMC 16.4.2)
The addon will not work with all streams. As the addon is a wrapper around youtube-dl code, it will only work with the URLs that work when using youtube-dl from the command line, and has the same requirements as that (so for instance something like ffmpeg needs to be installed for some streams to work). If you can test from youtube-dl in the command line and get a different result, let me know what the page is so I can test it myself and diagnose the issue.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver2