• 11(current)
Release [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
Hi!

Thanks for a great add-on!

Is there any way to change the cache/TMP-folder (from ...\addon_data\script.module.youtube.dl\tmp\)?
Is it perhaps possible to use a config file like the stand alone application can (...\AppData\Roaming\youtube-dl\config.txt)?
Or is it perhaps possible to change the cache/TMP-folder location by editing a .py-file?
Hi everyone,

I just wanna say that I had some hard time with key errors and not knowing how to retrieve titles and thumbnails, but now I found it. So for those interested here they are:

Code:
import YDStreamExtractor
YDStreamExtractor.disableDASHVideo(True) #Kodi.log says its deprecated!

Code:
url = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVv9dx88x0" #a youtube ID will work as well and of course you could pass the url of another site
vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(url,quality=1) #quality is 0=SD, 1=720p, 2=1080p and is a maximum
stream_url = vid.streamURL() #This is what Kodi (XBMC) will play
title = vid.selectedStream()['title'] # this gives the title string
thumbnail = vid.selectedStream()['thumbnail'] # this gives the thumbnail string url
Hello,

Code:
url= 'https://openload.co/embed/5VuUxHSVhug/'
vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(openloadurl,resolve_redirects=True)
stream_url = vid.streamURL()

Can't get the stream_url. I have recognised that the code for openload.py changed in (https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/e...penload.py). Can you update the script.module.youtube.dl ??

Thank you
Information 
Version 16.1026.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2016.10.26

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
(2016-10-28, 18:32)ruuk Wrote: Version 16.1026.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2016.10.26

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thank you very much. I am now using it to resolve youtube streams for my livelite addon: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293334
(2016-10-21, 01:02)larchen Wrote: Is there any way to change the cache/TMP-folder (from ...\addon_data\script.module.youtube.dl\tmp\)?
Is it perhaps possible to use a config file like the stand alone application can (...\AppData\Roaming\youtube-dl\config.txt)?
Or is it perhaps possible to change the cache/TMP-folder location by editing a .py-file?

Bump!
WHY NOT RECORD CHANNEL ADULT YOUTUBE THE PLUGIN-DL ?
Generic question: I have this plugin installed but don't recall installing it. Perhaps it came with something I installed but can't figure that out. cleaning up old addons ans skins.
Running latest librelec with (only) estuary skin. When I attempt to uninstall this one I get (for me cryptic) the message: "youtube-dl control is used by the following installed addons Kodi65 Library - this addon can't be uninstalled.

Don't seem to have an addon called Kodi65 library, is that some kind of system function and this part of kodi or estuary now?
I'm tring to utilize youtube.dl module using examples posted in this thread:
Code:
import YDStreamExtractor
    url = 'https://vk.com/video-76470207_456252512'
    vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(url,resolve_redirects=True
    stream_url = vid.streamURL()
The issue I have I got NonType object in return to getVideoInfo call and some Kodi errors in error log

Quote:NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: ERROR: _getYoutubeDLVideo() failed
NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: _getYoutubeDLVideo() failed::getVideoInfo (364) - attribute of type 'NoneType' is not callable

Is anything I'm missing or doing wrong?

BWT, I tryed youtube-dl call from terminal and it successfully returned link to that video
Is there a way to incorporate this into IPTV simple client or other front end? It would be great to add youtube live channel in a single common guide with another Kodi PVR client add-on for OTA/cable channels.
How in the heck does this get uninstalledHuhHuh? I NEVER installed it and I want it GONE!!!Image

Sent from my SM-G930F
(2016-12-12, 11:20)kees667 Wrote: Generic question: I have this plugin installed but don't recall installing it. Perhaps it came with something I installed but can't figure that out. cleaning up old addons ans skins.
Running latest librelec with (only) estuary skin. When I attempt to uninstall this one I get (for me cryptic) the message: "youtube-dl control is used by the following installed addons Kodi65 Library - this addon can't be uninstalled.

Don't seem to have an addon called Kodi65 library, is that some kind of system function and this part of kodi or estuary now?
Did you get this resolvedHuh I have youtube-dl and I cannot get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F
@huffenator:

The youtube-dl addon is a module that can be a dependency of other add-ons. As the dialog in your screenshot is saying, the Kodi65 add-on requires it as a dependency. If you want to get rid of the youtube-dl addon you need to first remove Kodi65. This has nothing to do with the youtube-dl add-on.
Hi

I still get " plugin.video.youtube needed to preview discoverable content" on my browser when I access kodi via Arch web interface. Update youtube.dl via your repo to 15.318.0. Kodi still insists on updating to 16.1026.0 via Kodi repo. I have applied both but Kodi's second.

What can be the problem?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver2