Unable to download XBMC on Samsung smart TV
Hi,
I bought Samsung smart TV UN32EH5300. I have tried several times to download XBMC on my TV, but I could not Huh .I added xbmc.org as an approved website to my TV, but I still could not download the XBMC. Could you please describe the steps (step by step) for downloading the XBMC? Once I open xbmc.org/download/, which option I have to select.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Best,
Gandal.
XBMC doesn't work on your Samsung smart TV. It is not supported.
(2014-08-03, 10:12)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC doesn't work on your Samsung smart TV. It is not supported.

Hello,

could i download it to my computer and then stream it with, PLEX to my smart tv (samsung) ?

Thanx in advance

Max
Better off plugging your computer into your TV and using XBMC that way, as that is how it is designed to be used.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
It's possible to send videos from XBMC/Kodi to some smart TVs by using UPnP (wiki)/DLNA. You will only see the video and not the XBMC/Kodi interface, and you will be limited to playing back only files that the TV supports.
Your so called smart tv is not that smart, connect your HTPC to your TV with an HDMI cable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-03, 10:12)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC doesn't work on your Samsung smart TV. It is not supported.

Hello,

Is it planned an XBMC app for Samsung TV?

Wink
(2014-11-02, 08:44)superyo Wrote:

Hello,

Is it planned an XBMC app for Samsung TV?

Wink

No, XBMC/Kodi is an open source project and I don't think it would fit the projects interests to get onto TV's as a paid app.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Samsung TV apps are free.

I think it would be good to have Kodi on Samsung TV (and others).
If it is technically possible of course.
No its not
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah, I understand better.
Run XBMC on laptop/PC/Tablet.
Enable the below settings:

Settings -> Services -> upnp -> Share through upnp
Settings -> Services -> upnp -> Look for remote upnp

Bring up context menu on movie -> play using -> [TV] Samsung XXX
Click "allow" on popup on TV.

Will work if video format is supported by TV.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Wink 
I have kodi running on a mini pc (banana pi) and have this connected to my samsung smart tv works great.
(2014-11-02, 18:49)MassIV Wrote: Run XBMC on laptop/PC/Tablet.
Enable the below settings:

Settings -> Services -> upnp -> Share through upnp
Settings -> Services -> upnp -> Look for remote upnp

Bring up context menu on movie -> play using -> [TV] Samsung XXX
Click "allow" on popup on TV.

Will work if video format is supported by TV.

Getting closer and closer everyday...I did what you said "MassIV" and I can see Kodi on my "smart" Samsung Tv now,
but I only see (Videos, Music. Photos...) when I click videos it takes me to video library...dead end nothing there...
...but I want to watch a live tv channel...is there a way...Huh

Ty
No you don't see kodi. You see a gui provided by your tv. It is simply accessing info over upnp. That is not the same as seeing kodi on your screen.

And I don't think the pvr stuff is shared by upnp.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to download XBMC on Samsung smart TV2