• 50(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've saved every single image that has been posted on this thread into my USB Pendrive
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
Another take on the logo. A simple word mark style as well as a combination mark style which includes the navigation buttons of a media remote.

Love this one as well.....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1772189

It is getting difficult to choose

Thanks

Alfred
(2014-08-13, 07:58)theotherguy Wrote: I think Eddage's looks nice. Very clean and simple, but has an elegance about it. Not a fan of the power button though.

But Samfishers is quite amazing - a very well thought out and executed concept. Lends itself to almost everything that's required of a logo and unique.

Blazers little guy watching tv.. another very nice one. Out of the 3 it's Samfishers for me, unless Eddage can do something with the power button in his.

Ask and ye shall receive...

(2014-08-11, 22:47)samfisher Wrote: Monochrome version.

Went through all the submissions again, and I have to say the strong points of this one are.

10 reasons why I like it.

It doesnt have some "inspirational" background, clouds, mountains and similar irrelevant nonsense.
It doesnt rip off the old font or old logo in any way or any other "fuggly" fonts.
It doesnt look like the author just found this thing called photoshop and this thread and a case of beer.
It doesnt look like a 2 year old did it.
It isnt a utter waste of pixels.

It looks like a fun logo, done is a tasteful manner.
it looks simple, clean and has all the elements that do embody the spirit of the project.
it is striking and is positive, no matter what color scheme used.
it is original and instantly recognizable.
it can easily be a concept visualized on all the kodi paraphernalia (t-shirts, mugs, mice mats, buttons, hats, caps and boxer shorts, bras, rubber duckies etc) and online assets (software, websites, wikis, blogs), docs, business cards and other sundries that the Foundation elects to use officially).

So almost all other entries here have a lot to live up to.
Let's try and keep the posts positive people. Express what you do like and if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I remind you all of Harry Callahan's opinion on opinions.

I'm amazed at the number of fantastic submissions. My personal favourite is now Blazer380 logo since ximon's unfortunate kok incident. This is a really enjoyable thread and I look forward to future ideas.
We have worked on the new Kodi logo.
Here is our proposal for the new logo.
Please find also some mock-up for the integration in the GUI and in W8, also an icon.

Logo

GUI integration

W8 tile

Icon

Thank you for your comments
Beaux Arts Design (G+ post)

(2014-08-13, 11:37)uNiversal Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 22:47)samfisher Wrote: Image

Went through all the submissions again, and I have to say the strong points of this one are.

10 reasons why I like it.

It doesnt have some "inspirational" background, clouds, mountains and similar irrelevant nonsense.............

It doesnt have some "inspirational" background, clouds, mountains and similar irrelevant nonsense.
People do that to accentuate the logo but its best done with a simple background with little distraction. samfisher's logo uses a background to accentuate it as well, the diagonal lines and the gradients pretty much tell you that.

It doesnt look like the author just found this thing called photoshop and this thread and a case of beer.
Some of us are new here like myself, atleast speaking for myself I can say that I'm doing it only because I think the product needs a facelift and since I guess some of us support OSS? So if there are people running around with a case of beer and trying to do a logo for Kodi, let them be. Secondly this sort of non-designer opinion/non-sequitur helps nothing, like saying people who use photoshop to design a logo, you could but you shouldn't and I'm pretty sure people know around here in this thread. But my point is making statements like these like you know what you're saying when you don't just adds up to a lot of opinions and less of constructive criticism.

2yr olds don't make logos. If you're referring to the simplicity in logos in general then that is there for a very good reason, so it translates well onto any medium. Again, your non-designer opinions ain't cutting it out.

Sure, fun but cluttered with too many ideas into it. Tape, person, media, what not. A logo should have no more than 1 -2 ideas.

Clean n simple but D is completely illegible. K could use some work. i needs some work too, bad capheight, etc. Overall stroke weight could use some help, optical visual balance as well.. The icon is nice but would need some tweaking. But then again doghousemedia should tackle all that I suppose.

Actually no. This is why I decided to revert back to your post. Thing is nobody is competing here, everyone's just doing their thing in the hope that Kodi has a decent logo. Nobody is trying or shouldn't have to live up to any logo in this thread.
(2014-08-04, 17:14)Narfotic Wrote: I agree. The logo should look good in one color. And you could go crazy with it on splash screens, like this.

Absolutely love this, as this is one of the few that uses the remote buttons and is still easy to read. Also pretty plain and simple.
------------------------------------------------
-AMD A8-3870k APU @ 3.0GHz - Quad w. Radeon 6550D
-8Gb OCZ Vengeance 1866 MHz DDR3
-OCZ Agility 3 SSD - 90Gb
-Antec Remote Black +2x Akasa Apache Black @ 10dba
-Windows 8 x64 w/XBMC monthly/beta & MySQL
-OUYA
-Onkyo TX-NR609 AV Reciever
(2014-08-04, 14:44)aphaits Wrote: Image

I truly like that one
(2014-08-13, 15:31)dramaticraazrs Wrote: It doesnt have some "inspirational" background, clouds, mountains and similar irrelevant nonsense.
People do that to accentuate the logo but its best done with a simple background with little distraction. samfisher's logo uses a background to accentuate it as well, the diagonal lines and the gradients pretty much tell you that.

Some of us are new here like myself, atleast speaking for myself I can say that I'm doing it only because I think the product needs a facelift and since I guess some of us support OSS? So if there are people running around with a case of beer and trying to do a logo for Kodi, let them be. Secondly this sort of non-designer opinion/non-sequitur helps nothing, like saying people who use photoshop to design a logo, you could but you shouldn't and I'm pretty sure people know around here in this thread. But my point is making statements like these like you know what you're saying when you don't just adds up to a lot of opinions and less of constructive criticism.

2yr olds don't make logos. If you're referring to the simplicity in logos in general then that is there for a very good reason, so it translates well onto any medium. Again, your non-designer opinions ain't cutting it out.

Sure, fun but cluttered with too many ideas into it. Tape, person, media, what not. A logo should have no more than 1 -2 ideas.

Original? How so? Recognisable, hardly. D is completely illegible. K has a disease. i is completely lost in the wild, bad capheight, bad everything about it. Overall stroke weight is all over the place, optical visual balance isn't even considered here. The only saving grace is the icon and even that has issues with curves. But then again doghousemedia should tackle all that I suppose but if they were asked to stay close to samfisher's original idea because the community and people like you think it's so good, then the logo is illegible.

Actually no. This is why I decided to revert back to your post. Thing is nobody is competing here, everyone's just doing their thing in the hope that Kodi has a decent logo. Nobody is trying or shouldn't have to live up to any logo in this thread.

You said all these not because you actually hate the image, you said it cus uNiversal is used to using offensive comments on people on here (NO offense intended), IMO your castigation of the image isn't cool at all. Trust me i've been there before, I respect the fact that you're a designer and it takes lots of hours to strike up something stunning as the ones you post here.
That is to say:
Do to ceaser, what ceaser has done to thee

./Keep up the good work. won't ya?Wink
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
Wow, lot's of great ideas. Read all pages and seen all images. A lot of talent in this forum. Go, community, go !

And so, why not submit my own concept. Basic, just scalable images, absolute black and white, no text. I am no designer so please excuse the crudeness of my so called design... And the center circles should be translucid, not white... Add color or background if those inspire you...

[align=left]
Now, let's see the rants...
(2014-08-05, 14:20)ximon Wrote: Image

This one has my vote. Love it.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4